• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Yes I enjoy my tea.
Grew up in the tea Highlands.

Yes the closest is the PF1 sold off the factory kiosks and it is quite good- you agree with me that packaged tea brand in the market is a blend - they do state so and the flavour is as such.
Very high quality tea such as BP1&2 are packaged in 50kg bags especially for export and is used to enrich other teas.

You can get BP grade for local consumption straight from the factory and unpacked but since KTDA factories package and label only PF1, that is what I will carry with me for ease of, and compliance with CBP requirements.
i love tea too....bt i also love the melvins tangawizi tea..ever tried it? if yes..what to you think of it?

Have not tried that. Believe me, I know a little about tea. I grew up in the tea zone and I was always sad about the returns and I took a keen interest- studied the entire chain from farm to the cup, including dedicating a bit of my internship to a tea factory.
Maybe we need a forum elsewhere on this!
Very glad though that you love tea. It's a healthy drink but be careful it's also addictive.

Hope everyone is keeping well in this place. I've never had a problem with CBP when coming into the country. Only once have I been 'randomly' selected to go through the piece by piece thorough inspection. The rest of the times they've let me through. Sausages(don't quote me ;)), Tusker(Kenyan beer), Dormans/Java Coffee, Chai, Roico, name it.

Hi everyone, hope u all ok... I need ur help again, i need ur advise on this: i want to travel back to my country but my passport will expire by the time i travel, i have my valid GC, should i contact my embassy for help??

Hi everyone, hope u all ok... I need ur help again, i need ur advise on this: i want to travel back to my country but my passport will expire by the time i travel, i have my valid GC, should i contact my embassy for help??

Your embassy should be able to organize a new passport for you. No airline will accept you for travel without a valid passport or other travel document - a green card is not a travel document.

you could schedule your travel to coincide with time to renew it, but it is advisable you arrive at JKIA when it is still valid even if its only by a day.
If you have the Kenyan national id, then all you need is confirmation from the airline that no issues will arise at your transit airport.
If you opt to have the embassy send it to Nairobi for renewal, that will need about 60 days.It is the wisest option I guess.

you could schedule your travel to coincide with time to renew it, but it is advisable you arrive at JKIA when it is still valid even if its only by a day.
If you have the Kenyan national id, then all you need is confirmation from the airline that no issues will arise at your transit airport.
If you opt to have the embassy send it to Nairobi for renewal, that will need about 60 days.It is the wisest option I guess.

Transit airport is critical. I once had to have a passport renewed simply because of where i was transiting (in Europe) and they would not accept less than 6 months (even though my destination country would).

Hello everyone... Itz been a long time since i been back on this blog. Hope u are ok... I am in baltimore. Maryland, and itz a very nice place... Jobs posting are available online, and there is a chance that you can find 1 if u keep lookin. Anyway guys take care you all And God bless you