NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

hello frndz. I have applied for student visa for Phd. My application sent to wellington on 5th April . I submitted all the proofs of funds and other documents. due to some reason I already took extension of 3 months because of IELTS . Now my start date is 1 may. If it is possible that I can get visa before my start date or I can get further extension ???? I am really worried.

Congrats on your visa approval.

After how long had you been waiting till external verification check was initiated? and how long did this step last?

Best of luck.
Hello mf85,
Any update regarding your visa? I am on security check since month...

Hello mannu 1729,
By looking at previous discussions, it varies from 2.5 months to 7-8 months, I am also waiting since last 3 and half months
If university will give me further extension. I was supposing standard time frame (25 days) which is for other student visa processing. So I mentioned my start date 1 may.

If university will give me further extension. I was supposing standard time frame (25 days) which is for other student visa processing. So I mentioned my start date 1 may.
I think your university will extend the date, as they also know getting phd students visa from India, Pakistan, Iran etc can take long time. which university are you going to join??

University of Canterbury
I received my visa, it took 3months and 10 days in total
my timeline
Application submitted on 4th Jan, 2016 in Dubai Branch
application sent to Wellington IPB on 19th Jan, 2016
application received and initial assessment done on 10th Feb, 2016
further documents submitted on 11th Feb, 2016
email received regarding security check on 18th March, 2016 that it has been started.
E-visa received on 15th April, 2016

I applied fr a visa on 1st March and the documents wr sent to IPB on 14th March. I received a mail on 7th April stating that they have completed the first assessment n hv noted that I don't have sufficient funds to stay there fr 3 yrs.
I sent them financial documents of my Parents PF and Fixed Deposit worth 15L.
It reached wellington yesterday. From now on how long will it take for me to get my visa?
Please do reply.

I received my visa, it took 3months and 10 days in total
my timeline
Application submitted on 4th Jan, 2016 in Dubai Branch
application sent to Wellington IPB on 19th Jan, 2016
application received and initial assessment done on 10th Feb, 2016
further documents submitted on 11th Feb, 2016
email received regarding security check on 18th March, 2016 that it has been started.
E-visa received on 15th April, 2016

Congrates. I got email to submit birth certificate and abstract of my thesis etc. Initial assessment finished. verification going to start on 21st april. I have to just email these documents or have to send by post

Congrates. I got email to submit birth certificate and abstract of my thesis etc. Initial assessment finished. verification going to start on 21st april. I have to just email these documents or have to send by post
Just get it notarized n send it by mail.

Wao great. This means you can expect your visa by may end or June start as verification will take maximum one month or so. Best of luck

Try to send by email or by upload in your online account. As sending by post will take time and wastage of money as well. Similarly delay of response expected when you send by post. But while uploading or sending documents by email, get documents notarized and scan it to send

Try to send by email or by upload in your online account. As sending by post will take time and wastage of money as well. Similarly delay of response expected when you send by post. But while uploading or sending documents by email, get documents notarized and scan it to send
I sent notarized scanned copies. Now I have to take extension from university. should I take extension upto 1 july or 1 august. ?

"Your application is currently in our actionable queue and will be further assessed by one of our case officers in the upcoming week, you should expect an update on or before 30/04/2016" I got this mail from INZ.
Actually, what is meant by an actionable queue? Is it for third party verification?

I am Pakistani national and applied for my PhD student visa online. Is anybody know how to track the online application. I got an acknowledgement after 2 days by UAE branch that we received your application on 22/04/2016 and your client no is 00000000. Today I called to UAE vsf global to know the status of my application but she said we are unable to track online applications.
So you guys hav any leads to track the online application. As I dont have the receipt no----/------/----. Is the any way to track by Application number or by client no. Thanks

I am Pakistani citizen, I have received an offer of PhD (Computer Science) admission at Auckland University of Technology. The Expiry date of admission offer was 30th April, but I have deferred it until 25th July 2016.
2. I have applied for VISA on 22nd April through "Licensed Immigration Adviser"/"NZ Recognized Agent" for the Visa Process.
Remember the mentioned advisor/agent was referred by the university i.e., AUT.

3. I got acknowledgment email from onlineservices@dol.govt.nz on 9th May 2016, in that email my Client Number and PIN Number was mentioned. After that, yet I did not receive any email.

4. I don't have any scholarship.
5. My father will sponsor my entire study.
6. He had a good business, its proof is uploaded.
7. On his name, there is a land-property of worth 400,000USD, its proof is also uploaded.
8. Currently, our bank statements show 21000USD, its source of income has uploaded.
9. I am employed in a reputed post-graduated institute since 2008 till date. Salary slips, employment certificate etc are uploaded.
10. I am married, its proof is also uploaded.

My Visa advisor/consultant wrote if my applicate moves to IPB NZ then processing time will not be predicated and additional documents may be required.

Note. I have provided almost all documents discussed in the previous posts of this forum. The prepartion of these documents took almost 3 months.

Could you please answer of the following questions,
1. What percent of chances that I will get VSA?
2. Why did I not receive an email that my application moved to IPB yet? (because from previous posts, I concluded that VISA application moves to IPB within one month)
3. In how much time it is expected that I will receive a decision of YES/NO?
Etc Etc.

Please help.