• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2017 DV LOTTERY COUNTDOWN TO MAY

@Britsimon
Do you think we might have last year's problem "session timed out". I've entered my sister in law's confirmation 3 times and it said session timed out once and 2 times it shows white screen.
Last year when it said session timed out you said those ones might be the winners and it happen to be like that and we won. Do you think this year might be the case as well?

I have one question. Me, my husband and my siblings, parents and friends have all applied and when I go online and check everyone they all say "not selected" except mine and my brothers who comes up as

"The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'"

I know I have entered all information right, does anyone know what could be the problem?

@Britsimon
Do you think we might have last year's problem "session timed out". I've entered my sister in law's confirmation 3 times and it said session timed out once and 2 times it shows white screen.
Last year when it said session timed out you said those ones might be the winners and it happen to be like that and we won. Do you think this year might be the case as well?
coincidence maybe

I have one question. Me, my husband and my siblings, parents and friends have all applied and when I go online and check everyone they all say "not selected" except mine and my brothers who comes up as

"The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'"

I know I have entered all information right, does anyone know what could be the problem?
I guess you can say you forgot confirmation number and it will be sent it to your email

Hi everybody, a friend of mine got selected from France !

I don't understand why but this idiot added a middle name even that he do not have one, is it okay ?

Not selected, my friend was the one who got it for me, I still can't even get on. Oh well next year. Good luck everyone! :)

@Britsimon

No, we do not have the same problem as last year. The servers are busy that is all - plus you have to refresh your session each time and you can cause your own session time out if you don't do that.

@Britsimon sorry for the double post but in case you didn't saw my post can you please give your insight on this : I don't understand why but this idiot added a middle name even that he do not have one, is it okay ?

@Britsimon sorry for the double post but in case you didn't saw my post can you please give your insight on this : I don't understand why but this idiot added a middle name even that he do not have one, is it okay ?

Insight? Your friend is an idiot. Choose smarter friends.

Oh - you probably are asking whether it could affect him. Well some cases are refused for things like that - especially if it is suspected that this was an attempt to enter multiple times. However, some people are approved with issues like this. The idiot must be sure to submit the DS260 with an accurate name.

I am done with this lottery thing... Kudos to those who apply for years but not me... Not that I have to go to the US, my online business allow me to live pretty much anywhere in the world... So her we come Toronto or Australia... Or at least the E2 but that is a big if... The violence in USA is a turn off since I visited it in 2012...

I am done with this lottery thing... Kudos to those who apply for years but not me... Not that I have to go to the US, my online business allow me to live pretty much anywhere in the world... So her we come Toronto or Australia... Or at least the E2 but that is a big if... The violence in USA is a turn off since I visited it in 2012...

See you next year....

No, we do not have the same problem as last year. The servers are busy that is all - plus you have to refresh your session each time and you can cause your own session time out if you don't do that.
Well! I tried everything, I don't know how many times I've 'refreshed the page, close it and start all over again. It's still giving me the same response.
I just want to know either she won or not.