How much time to receive GC??

ludhianvi

Registered Users (C)
Hello

We applied for GC for my mother-in-law under family category (we are US citizens). Her visa was approved and she landed in US on 5th December 2015. We received her SSN on 14th Decmber. It has been over a month now but still no sign of green card yet. I thought it takes about 3 weeks, and I understand that with Christmas holidays, it could have taken little long, but now it has been almost 5 weeks. Is this normal or I need to contact someone?

Is there a site where I can check the status?

Thanks.

Hello

We applied for GC for my mother-in-law under family category (we are US citizens). Her visa was approved and she landed in US on 5th December 2015. We received her SSN on 14th Decmber. It has been over a month now but still no sign of green card yet. I thought it takes about 3 weeks, and I understand that with Christmas holidays, it could have taken little long, but now it has been almost 5 weeks. Is this normal or I need to contact someone?

Thanks.
It will take about 45 days to 60 days from POE.

she landed in US on 5th December 2015. We received her SSN on 14th Decmber.

hi ludhianvi,

my parents entered the us with their immigrant visa on december 17th and we have yet to receive their ssn cards.

do you or anybody else happen to know what's the usual timeline for receiving the ssns?

thanks,

hi ludhianvi,

my parents entered the us with their immigrant visa on december 17th and we have yet to receive their ssn cards.

do you or anybody else happen to know what's the usual timeline for receiving the ssns?

thanks,

I dont know how much time it takes for SSN, but we received it within 7-10 days of landing.

Are you sure you opted to have the SSN mailed automatically to you (it was on one of the forms)?

Are you sure you opted to have the SSN mailed automatically to you (it was on one of the forms)?

Yes, I did. I'll just call and talk to them and see what's going on. I completely forgot about the timing of the SSN cards -- I was happy they are here and kept an eye out for the green cards.

Thanks!

Hello

Thanks.
I remember to have used the same site where I payed the GC (if you don't remember let me know). You would need the confirmation number to check the status though...
How long did it take for your mother-in-low to get the interview, from the time you applied?

I remember to have used the same site where I payed the GC (if you don't remember let me know). You would need the confirmation number to check the status though...
How long did it take for your mother-in-low to get the interview, from the time you applied?

We received the GC last Friday. It took 46 days to get it.

I dont exactly remember the time it took for the interview as we put the case on hold for a while by not submitting the documents ASAP.

Hi all , my wife admitted POE last Nov.2015 , till now not receiving plastic GC . I call USCIS to track the production but they need IOE number .Anyone know how to get that number please advice . she got immigrant visa IR1 . We did pay GC fee before departure .

Hi can any one pls anser

I have come to usa on family immigration visa F11 category on 7 march 2016 165 $ online fees paid on 19 feb 2016, I have not received my plastic green card as of date more than 50 days are over. I did my immigration at ABU Dhabi airport buz I was travelling by Etihad airways

My question

1 I want to go back to india for my marriage can I travel on I 551 and re-enter usa without any problem

2 after marriage I am planning to come back in September 2016, marriage will change my marital status will this be any problem in reentering usa .

3 If I travel to India on I 551 stamp, USICS will send my green card on my mailing address or they will hold my green card till I came back to USA

4 If in my absence my family member receives the Green card can they send me my green card via courier?

5 generally how many days USICS takes to send green card on my mailing address

Hi can any one pls anser

I have come to usa on family immigration visa F11 category on 7 march 2016 165 $ online fees paid on 19 feb 2016, I have not received my plastic green card as of date more than 50 days are over. I did my immigration at ABU Dhabi airport buz I was travelling by Etihad airways

My question

1 I want to go back to india for my marriage can I travel on I 551 and re-enter usa without any problem

2 after marriage I am planning to come back in September 2016, marriage will change my marital status will this be any problem in reentering usa .

3 If I travel to India on I 551 stamp, USICS will send my green card on my mailing address or they will hold my green card till I came back to USA

4 If in my absence my family member receives the Green card can they send me my green card via courier?

5 generally how many days USICS takes to send green card on my mailing address

Answer:
1) Yes no problem I-551 is valid for 1 year from Date of POE
2) No
3) to your mailing address, No they will not hold
4) not recommended
5) normally 45 days to 60 but could be longer

thanks Sam

just little worried on travelling on I551 stamp pls i have spoken to few people they are saying wait for green card as immigration department might create problem while coming back

thanks Sam

just little worried on travelling on I551 stamp pls i have spoken to few people they are saying wait for green card as immigration department might create problem while coming back
"Immigration" will not create problems. It's only that uneducated airline staff may create problems.