• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi Mom and all readers,

As Mom mentioned many times before to be patience, I finally got my interview letter, I received it yesterday and it will be scheduled on coming Tuesday, it's a pretty short notice but my spouse and I are happy to receive it. I will keep update with all of you.
Wish us luck and thank you.

Merry Christmas.

Definitely short notice, but it's good. You're prepared, so best of luck!

How I got a bit scared, haha. I'll be out of town Monday and Tuesday. What if they would send a very short notice (like one day in advance)? I mean it is not likely to happen, but I saw something like that in 2015. Still hope it will not happen.

Well, that information is a definite confirmation your case has been approved, congratulations. They probably approved it based on the previous interview you had back in September. You should definitely be receiving the GC itself before the end of Dec. That's great!

I received my approval letter today. I wish the same luck to everyone here!!!

Thank you !

Happy Holidays :)

It took quite a while last year, 3 to 6 weeks if I'm not mistaken. It seems to be faster this year though, going by the reports of those who already got approved. It's probably more than what you have on hand, but it still wouldn't have mattered even if you had copies of everything that's typically contained in the file. The official file still has to come directly from KCC to your FO before the case gets approved.

Hi Mom,

I called KCC this morning and they said that my file was requested by my FO in Dec 17 (the same day as my interview). They said that it takes four week for them to send the file.

Thanks for your help!

Hello !
My interview is today (at 1:30 PM EST). I called KCC this morning to check whether my file was requested by my FO yet. I was told "no, the file has not been requested yet". Do they usually request the file on the same day after the interview? I asked her (the KCC rep on the phone-she has always been very helpful) how long it takes for them to send the file. She told me that they usually do it in the same week; as it is done by email, it doesn't take very long. I am confused now with all the answers: a week, four weeks, etc. I already received my 2NL in October, and I have it with me. I am not sure why FO didn't requested the file yet although they set up an interview.

I will update you regarding my day after the interview. Please let me know if you have any suggestions/advice/etc, or whether you want me to ask anything to the officer. I will be checking my email until 1:00 PM EST. Then I plan to go inside.

Thank you for everything...

Hello !
My interview is today (at 1:30 PM EST). I called KCC this morning to check whether my file was requested by my FO yet. I was told "no, the file has not been requested yet". Do they usually request the file on the same day after the interview? I asked her (the KCC rep on the phone-she has always been very helpful) how long it takes for them to send the file. She told me that they usually do it in the same week; as it is done by email, it doesn't take very long. I am confused now with all the answers: a week, four weeks, etc. I already received my 2NL in October, and I have it with me. I am not sure why FO didn't requested the file yet although they set up an interview.

I will update you regarding my day after the interview. Please let me know if you have any suggestions/advice/etc, or whether you want me to ask anything to the officer. I will be checking my email until 1:00 PM EST. Then I plan to go inside.

It seems that for my case the IO forgot to request the file before the interview. The KCC rep I called this morning said that they need four weeks to send the file. I am not sure if she is the same person you called but she seemed to be very helpful as well. I hope that the one you called is right! Good luck with your interview, you can show the IO your 2NL (I forgot to do this), it might be helpful, but what I understood from previous cases is that the file should be received from KCC directly and KCC can only send it if your FO requested it. Could you please ask the IO how long it takes them to receive the file from KCC? Maybe the KCC response I received was just their standard response to this kind of questions. Thanks so much and good luck again!

It seems that for my case the IO forgot to request the file before the interview. The KCC rep I called this morning said that they need four weeks to send the file. I am not sure if she is the same person you called but she seemed to be very helpful as well. I hope that the one you called is right! Good luck with your interview, you can show the IO your 2NL (I forgot to do this), it might be helpful, but what I understood from previous cases is that the file should be received from KCC directly and KCC can only send it if your FO requested it. Could you please ask the IO how long it takes them to receive the file from KCC? Maybe the KCC response I received was just their standard response to this kind of questions. Thanks so much and good luck again!

I will do that.

And thank you for your good wishes. I hope that all will go fine...

Hi Mom,

I called KCC this morning and they said that my file was requested by my FO in Dec 17 (the same day as my interview). They said that it takes four week for them to send the file.

Thanks for your help!

Just like I guessed - this gives you a fair idea of how much longer it might take before your approval comes through. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the file gets sent earlier than the 4 weeks timeline they've given you based in the approval reports others have already given.

Just hang in there.

Wow! Congratulations. They approved your case in 4 days, our case is pending from almost 2 months from the same FO. We are little worried now.

I'm guessing your approval is being held up by a pending background check. The good news is you got interviewed early, the FY is still at the early stage, you will eventually get through. I know the waiting sucks though, but nothing you can do about that for now.

Just like I guessed - this gives you a fair idea of how much longer it might take before your approval comes through. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the file gets sent earlier than the 4 weeks timeline they've given you based in the approval reports others have already given.

Just hang in there.
Thanks so much Mom! I will keep you updated!

Hello !

The KCC phone line isn't always answered by the same person, they have more than one person responding to phone calls and there's always a tendency for them to give conflicting answers.

Receiving the 2NL has no bearing as to when the FO requests the KCC file, USCIS and KCC are two different organizations operating independently of each other. It's not unusual for the FO or the IO to overlook the KCC file request step prior to an interview. The FOs do not handle a lot of DV based AOS cases, do overlooking that step is forgivable.

Anyway, at the end of your interview you can ask the IO if your KCC file has been received or if it was even requested for. Presenting the 2NL to the IO is not going to serve any purpose (unless of course the IO requests for it). Bottom line is they need the KCC file from KCC itself.

Best of luck!

The KCC phone line isn't always answered by the same person, they have more than one person responding to phone calls and there's always a tendency for them to give conflicting answers.

Receiving the 2NL has no bearing as to when the FO requests the KCC file, USCIS and KCC are two different organizations operating independently of each other. It's not unusual for the FO or the IO to overlook the KCC file request step prior to an interview. The FOs do not handle a lot of DV based AOS cases, do overlooking that step is forgivable.

Anyway, at the end of your interview you can ask the IO if your KCC file has been received or if it was even requested for. Presenting the 2NL to the IO is not going to serve any purpose (unless of course the IO requests for it). Bottom line is they need the KCC file from KCC itself.

Best of luck!

Thank you, Mom...

Hello Mom,

Greetings, Merry Christmas. One quick question, when is AOS process considered effectively started? is it right from the time we filled in form 260 in May or after one files form I -1485? I am asking this question because I want to travel overseas and return before my number becomes current. Is there need for requesting advanced parole when I haven't even started AOS process? I am in possession of a valid G 4 Visa with annotation D/S. Your assist appreciated as always.

Hello again. Before I start driving home, I wanted to update you.

I went in and showed my letter to the person at the window/receptionist. There were a lot of people there. The person sent me upstairs; then I gave my letter to the person there. He checked me in and gave me a number asked me to wait. That floor was not crowded at all; there were only 2-3 people at first. I set on a chair and wait for about 5 min. First number they called was mine. An officer introduced herself and I swore to tell the truth. After that everything took 3-5 min at max. She asked me the same questions on I-485 from top to bottom and that was it.

However, I asked her whether she/FO requested my file. She said this is the file. Actually the one she had seemed like my package that I sent to USCIS for AOS. I asked again whether she needs to have anything else or whether there was missing document. She asked DV Lottery letter; she said she couldn't find it. I had sent with the package. The same package was in front of me, so I told her where it was and she found it. I understood from there she actually didn't even checked my folder. Her respond regarding KCC confused me. She said she doesn't need anything at this moment. However I mentioned about 2NL and she wanted that. At the end, she said she has to go through my documents and I will hear from them in 2-3 weeks. She gave me a paper saying the same thing.

I didn't want to ask the same question about KCC for the 3rd time and I said that's fine then. That was everything.

I think my experience was a little different then others. Is that correct? What are your suggestions/thoughts.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks again...

Hello Mom,

Greetings, Merry Christmas. One quick question, when is AOS process considered effectively started? is it right from the time we filled in form 260 in May or after one files form I -1485? I am asking this question because I want to travel overseas and return before my number becomes current. Is there need for requesting advanced parole when I haven't even started AOS process? I am in possession of a valid G 4 Visa with annotation D/S. Your assist appreciated as always.

AOS is considered to be in progress from when USCIS acknowledge the receipt of the AOS package. An AP card cannot be requested when an I-485 form hasn't been submitted. All you've done to date is the submission of your DS-260 form demonstrating an immigrating intent. Admission or readmission into the US (regardless of a demonstrated immigrant intent) is always at the discretion of the the CBP officer.

I went in and showed my letter to the person at the window/receptionist. There were a lot of people there. The person sent me upstairs; then I gave my letter to the person there. He checked me in and gave me a number asked me to wait. That floor was not crowded at all; there were only 2-3 people at first. I set on a chair and wait for about 5 min. First number they called was mine. An officer introduced herself and I swore to tell the truth. After that everything took 3-5 min at max. She asked me the same questions on I-485 from top to bottom and that was it.

However, I asked her whether she/FO requested my file. She said this is the file. Actually the one she had seemed like my package that I sent to USCIS for AOS. I asked again whether she needs to have anything else or whether there was missing document. She asked DV Lottery letter; she said she couldn't find it. I had sent with the package. The same package was in front of me, so I told her where it was and she found it. I understood from there she actually didn't even checked my folder. Her respond regarding KCC confused me. She said she doesn't need anything at this moment. However I mentioned about 2NL and she wanted that. At the end, she said she has to go through my documents and I will hear from them in 2-3 weeks. She gave me a paper saying the same thing.

I didn't want to ask the same question about KCC for the 3rd time and I said that's fine then. That was everything.

I think my experience was a little different then others. Is that correct? What are your suggestions/thoughts.

Your experience isn't necessarily different from others I've heard/read about. Sounds like your KCC file might not have been requested prior to your interview. Not sure if I'm reading your post wrongly - seems like you did not make it clear to the IO you were asking about the KCC file - the response "this is the file" seems like you simply asked about your file and she assumed you were talking about the AOS file. Anyway, you've already confirmed from KCC that the file hadn't been requested for prior to your interview. All you can for now is simply wait. You can give KCC another call towards the end of the week to find out the status of that file.

Thanks for the update and I wish you the best of luck.