• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yes, that is correct.
Wow. That was a super fast reply. I'm getting my medicals done today and by next week I'll mail my package. My number became current more than a month ago but I hope that is not going to cause a delay for me. Thanks for your quick response mom. I really appreciate it.

I did not know how to start new post. anyway i hope my question finds an answer: how long does it take to get the second email from KCC? I have just heard of it from the forum and I have not received anything yet and in their website it says that my application expires in January, 2016? I was little confused. do I need to reapply for Ds-260 if it expires or just call the KCC. I am currently in USA and applying for AOS via DV2016 and I already submitted my package

I have another question:
My number was current October but I was advised to send my documents in September. (I asked KCC for advise) they even told me I can send the package in August and the interviews will start in October. Now I received NOA and did my biometric still waiting for interview letter. Is this counted as early submission? Today I called USCIS and told me that the FO are still processing 8/2014 cases and most likely I need to wait for a year to start reviewing my case. This does not make any sense after i read all the posts. Do I need to schedule INFOPASS to ask about my case or what do you think of this case. My CN is 1xxx. Your time and response are highly appreciated. thanks in advance

I did not know how to start new post. anyway i hope my question finds an answer: how long does it take to get the second email from KCC? I have just heard of it from the forum and I have not received anything yet and in their website it says that my application expires in January, 2016? I was little confused. do I need to reapply for Ds-260 if it expires or just call the KCC. I am currently in USA and applying for AOS via DV2016 and I already submitted my package

If you're processing AOS, there's no need to start a new Thread, you've posted your question on the right Thread. AOS 2NL used to be received within 4-8 weeks of the DS-260 form submission in the past, it's taking a bit longer this time around. Check the 2016 AOS Timelines spreadsheet for reports of how long it's taken others to receive theirs.

Not sure what you mean about your application expiring on Jan 2016. The expiration date for DV2016 is September 30th, 2016. If you've already submitted your DS260 form, you do not submit a new form in January nor need to contact KCC.

Please spend some time going over the AOS process spreadsheet (link below) for a better understanding of the process:

https://goo.gl/x7x3td

That spreadsheet also has the link to the 2016 AOS Timelines I referenced above.

I have another question:
My number was current October but I was advised to send my documents in September. (I asked KCC for advise) they even told me I can send the package in August and the interviews will start in October. Now I received NOA and did my biometric still waiting for interview letter. Is this counted as early submission? Today I called USCIS and told me that the FO are still processing 8/2014 cases and most likely I need to wait for a year to start reviewing my case. This does not make any sense after i read all the posts. Do I need to schedule INFOPASS to ask about my case or what do you think of this case. My CN is 1xxx. Your time and response are highly appreciated. thanks in advance
What you have got is a quite general response, I guess mom would give you a better answer. My advice is schedule an infopass

I have another question:

- Yes, that is counted as early submission.

- The USCIS general AOS timelines is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions. The information you need is on the AOS timelines spreadsheet which we keep here (l already referenced it in my previous response).

- Yes it doesn't hurt to go for an INFOPASS appointment to follow up on your case.

Thanks mom for your reply.

I was surprised to see the expiration date as well. It was on the top right corner above the case number. I will try to picture it.

Do
- Yes, that is counted as early submission.

- The USCIS general AOS timelines is not applicable to DV based AOS petitions. The information you need is on the AOS timelines spreadsheet which we keep here (l already referenced it in my previous response).

- Yes it doesn't hurt to go for an INFOPASS appointment to follow up on your case.
you think they will reject me for that? I saw others in the current and last year time line with even earlier dates and they got their green card. Do you know how would I know if I am rejected because of that or not

Thanks mom for your reply.

I was surprised to see the expiration date as well. It was on the top right corner above the case number. I will try to picture it.

Oh, you mean the expiration date on the DS-260 form itself? That date is irrelevant to your case, nothing to worry about.

Do

you think they will reject me for that? I saw others in the current and last year time line with even earlier dates and they got their green card. Do you know how would I know if I am rejected because of that or not

Your case has been accepted at this point, since you've already received the NOA, a rejection is no longer applicable. A case denial is what is not certain at this point as that is FO dependent. Yes there are lots of people from the past couple of years who did early submission and got through effortlessly. There are also others who were not quite lucky.

You will receive a denial notice if your FO is one of those who still deny petitions due to early filing.

Anyway, like I earlier on said, spend some time going through the AOS spreadsheet, don't consider it irrelevant simply because you've already submitted your AOS petition.

Your case has been accepted at this point, since you've already received the NOA, a rejection is no longer applicable. A case denial is what is not certain at this point as that is FO dependent. Yes there are lots of people from the past couple of years who did early submission and got through effortlessly. There are also others who were not quite lucky.

You will receive a denial notice if your FO is one of those who still deny petitions due to early filing.

Anyway, like I earlier on said, spend some time going through the AOS spreadsheet, don't consider it irrelevant simply because you've already submitted your AOS petition.
Thank you mom for your help. I read the spread sheet many times that's why I came up with these questions and I will follow it as I go on

Thank you mom for your help. I read the spread sheet many times that's why I came up with these questions and I will follow it as I go on

Then you should have seen the columns on the timeline spreadsheet where people have posted about their DS-260 submission and 2NL receipt dates to get an idea of how long it takes to get the 2NL.

I hope no news good news .. I have not received anything yet. But I will schedule infopass and rewrite again about my experience in case someone in a similar situation

update: received my interview letter today for an interview on 1/21/16. praying mode: on :)
BTW case status never updated online.
good step forward ..wish you luck ...do you remember when you submitted your stuff and did the bio? and did you get the 2NL

Hello,
I received my interview letter today and it will be on DEC 21. However, my case status has not been updated either. As I witnessed that happened to other people before, I was kind of expecting this too. I hope that this is normal. I also hope that I can get the results before Christmas or New Year.

2015 has been a very important year for me; so many ups and downs. I had very sad times (unbelievable things happened), I also had very happy times. I am graduating this year (defended my dissertation on DEC 1) and hopefully I will pass my GC interview before the year ends. It has been a decade since I first arrived in this country; I missed my mother :( Finally, with God's help, I will be able to see her soon.

This blog has been a blessing to me...