• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

PLEASE HELP - Cant track my green card!

Pelle

How or where do I track my green card once I have entered into the US and dropped off my papers? I havent received a tracking number and the only numbers I have are my A-number and and my case number. They didnt give me anything in the immigration office where I dropped off my papers at POE. I got a stamp when I entered the US but I dont think there is a number I can use to track.

I tried this website but it asks for a receipt number but I dont seem to have one:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I also tried calling the number on that website but theydont seem to be able to help me either. It has been 5 weeks now since I entered the US and I still havent received anything in the mail.

I paid my $165 before I even entered the US. But the website you posted above says that the receipt number is a 13-digit number starting with three letters. All I got when I paid my fee was a "Pay.gov Tracking ID" which is 8 characters (numbers and letters) and a "Agency Tracking ID" which is 14 characters also both numbers and letters. I cant use either to log in.

I paid my $165 before I even entered the US. But the website you posted above says that the receipt number is a 13-digit number starting with three letters. All I got when I paid my fee was a "Pay.gov Tracking ID" which is 8 characters (numbers and letters) and a "Agency Tracking ID" which is 14 characters also both numbers and letters. I cant use either to log in.
I am so sorry I don't know then, I will leave it to the experts to answer this one for you:)

I have the same issue. I called the the immigration office and they said they don't send the receipt number any more. Any way I scheduled an Infopass for 19.11 because they messed up my wife's name at the entry, so I'll check about the receipt on spot and come back with additional information.

How or where do I track my green card once I have entered into the US and dropped off my papers? I havent received a tracking number and the only numbers I have are my A-number and and my case number. They didnt give me anything in the immigration office where I dropped off my papers at POE. I got a stamp when I entered the US but I dont think there is a number I can use to track.

I tried this website but it asks for a receipt number but I dont seem to have one:

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I also tried calling the number on that website but theydont seem to be able to help me either. It has been 5 weeks now since I entered the US and I still havent received anything in the mail.
If you havent received your GC after 60 days, you should go to the nearest immigration office, and request the reciept number.(IOE)
Like mentioned above they dont provide the ioe # by email anymore.
Bear in mind once you get the Ioe might not work , you will have to be patient.....
Good luck

If you havent received your GC after 60 days, you should go to the nearest immigration office, and request the reciept number.(IOE)
Like mentioned above they dont provide the ioe # by email anymore.
Bear in mind once you get the Ioe might not work , you will have to be patient.....
Good luck
I have the same issue. I called the the immigration office and they said they don't send the receipt number any more. Any way I scheduled an Infopass for 19.11 because they messed up my wife's name at the entry, so I'll check about the receipt on spot and come back with additional information.
I have the same exact issue, I dont know what to do, Its been almost 2 months and I did not received the GC or welcome letter or the actual receipt for $165 I paid. I called the USCIS office and they just tell me to wait 60 days (its already been 60 days now).... dont know what to do,,any one has any latest update on it please advise, thanks

I have the same exact issue, I dont know what to do, Its been almost 2 months and I did not received the GC or welcome letter or the actual receipt for $165 I paid. I called the USCIS office and they just tell me to wait 60 days (its already been 60 days now).... dont know what to do,,any one has any latest update on it please advise, thanks

60 days is the earliest you should even think about it....

Yes I called the USCIS and they told me this tracking ID/Agency Tracking ID is worthless, they need actual receipt number which is usually starting IOE something. I even called the pay.gov and they confirmed me as they have transferred the $165 on the same day to USCIS.......... in other words USCIS customer service does not help at all, they just keep saying " wait 60 days"

Yes I called the USCIS and they told me this tracking ID/Agency Tracking ID is worthless, they need actual receipt number which is usually starting IOE something. I even called the pay.gov and they confirmed me as they have transferred the $165 on the same day to USCIS.......... in other words USCIS customer service does not help at all, they just keep saying " wait 60 days"
Just go to the immigration offices, they will now give you an ioe if your card is already produced, or they will tell you if there is any issue...
But anyway you have to be patient

That's because 60 days is the normal timeframe to get the green card and there is no reason to think that a problem has occurred until after that time frame. You said "almost" 2 months above so you are not yet at the 60 days, correct?

I know we all want them to jump every time we raise a problem, but think of it from their perspective too - all the time they would end up spending on following up on cases which are most of the time on schedule anyway. Rather have them spend that time on genuine problems?

Hello - Did you get any information/update on your case. I called USCIS and told them its been over 60 days, she was not helpful at all but was asking me to request for a receipt number on contactus link at uscis. I asked her if she can help me find that number she was like she has no access to it (weird, if you dont have access then what sort of a help desk is this in uscis)..... I sent the messages on the egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus and explained my question. I actually have done it like 15 times and havent got any response back yet. I just wonder why they first say "wait 60 days" and then they just dont have access /proper answer to look and provide what they supposed to. Each time I call they ask my wife to be available and then they just are helpless to answer the question. I understand SuzieQQQ did reply down there but she/he does not understand the frustration people like us go when deal with bureaucratic system in our daily lives. They (governmental institutes) just simply tell you to wait bla bla days but they never tell you straightforward afterwards. So my next step is to go personally in one of the USCIS office and talk with supervisor in person., Any one has any update receiving their green card please share...

Hello - Did you get any information/update on your case. I called USCIS and told them its been over 60 days, she was not helpful at all but was asking me to request for a receipt number on contactus link at uscis. I asked her if she can help me find that number she was like she has no access to it (weird, if you dont have access then what sort of a help desk is this in uscis)..... I sent the messages on the egov.uscis.gov/cris/contactus and explained my question. I actually have done it like 15 times and havent got any response back yet. I just wonder why they first say "wait 60 days" and then they just dont have access /proper answer to look and provide what they supposed to. Each time I call they ask my wife to be available and then they just are helpless to answer the question. I understand SuzieQQQ did reply down there but she/he does not understand the frustration people like us go when deal with bureaucratic system in our daily lives. They (governmental institutes) just simply tell you to wait bla bla days but they never tell you straightforward afterwards. So my next step is to go personally in one of the USCIS office and talk with supervisor in person., Any one has any update receiving their green card please share...

SusieQQQ was a DV winner, so she is here helping people BECAUSE she understands the frustration!

Is not having the Green Card causing you some problem? If I said to just wait 30 more days, would that cause you terrible problems?

I understand SuzieQQQ did reply down there but she/he does not understand the frustration people like us go when deal with bureaucratic system in our daily lives. ...

Right, it took me something like 5 months and congressperson intervention to get my green card,but I don't understand the frustration? :rolleyes:
Pop quiz: Do you suppose my answers come from some theoretical handbook on this, or experience?
Sheesh.

Hi Pelle we're exactly on the same boat. My 3 daughters came here last 07/27/2015 via IR2 visa. Greencard payment done thru pay.gov on October 15 but still they don't have their greencard yet! I also tried doing the same thing that you did but nothing happens. They should automatically be US citizen since they are all minors and their dad is a U.S. Citizen but I don't know why we are having this issue

Hi Pelle we're exactly on the same boat. My 3 daughters came here last 07/27/2015 via IR2 visa. Greencard payment done thru pay.gov on October 15 but still they don't have their greencard yet! I also tried doing the same thing that you did but nothing happens. They should automatically be US citizen since they are all minors and their dad is a U.S. Citizen but I don't know why we are having this issue

This is a DV forum so no-one here can help you with the specifics of IR2 or the fact that they should be citizens, though it's confusing that you are trying to get green cards for them in the first place if that's the case - citizens don't get green cards.

That is the reason why we didn't pay their greencard early because they are supposed to be US citizen automatically but we received their welcome letter and we were asked to pay their greencard so we did..

That is the reason why we didn't pay their greencard early because they are supposed to be US citizen automatically but we received their welcome letter and we were asked to pay their greencard so we did..

....without first calling USCIS to ask why, or to check that it was correct and not an error?

It's quite possible someone has realized they are citizens and that is why you haven't received the green cards. Suggest you call USCIS or make an infopass appointment.

SusieQQQ was a DV winner, so she is here helping people BECAUSE she understands the frustration!

Is not having the Green Card causing you some problem? If I said to just wait 30 more days, would that cause you terrible problems?
Have some manners Mr Moderator....we just comment on the systematical and human error issues and you proved one of that. ANYWAYS,,,