• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

The point I was making is that you guys are making it sound like Nepal and Iran are getting special treatment and now there is some nonsense about a racist immigration policy (um, hello, look at the countries excluded from DV because they are the source of the most immigrants to the US.....duh).
So my point was the fact that there is a similar situation in other regions and was last year too, should be telling you it's a standard policy applied throughout and not due to favor or disfavor of some countries or other nonsense. But I get it, you only hear what you want to hear.
Maybe if more people from your countries enter then you can finally all equally complain about high case numbers, then you'll have to find some other reason than Nepal and Iran for blame.... and no doubt someone will :rolleyes:
I see what you mean. Anyway, I have never said that the US immigration system is racist, nor do I believe so. I've been to the US MANY times, and the whole reason that AS gets only 8000-8500 diversity visas is because there a lot of Asian immigrants living in the US. Nor have I ever blamed the citizens of any country whatsoever, again you must be mistaking me for some other members, they can get 7% of visas legally, well done, there is absolutely nothing in that. The only point I was trying to make is the I find KCC's (and not the entire US immigration system's) approach toward Asia (because it's the only region I'm familiar with) to be a bit radical. The last time I checked, this forum (and the States BTW) is a "free country", and I don't think I have ever offended anyone or made a remark that warrants unnecessary attacks. Considering the fact that I have missed the opportunity of a lifetime, I guess I'm taking this way better than I thought I would. Thank you very much.

@NaraLB there's no penalty for not meeting the quota, they just say "oops" and move on, they just think it's better to give too little than to accidentally give too many visas away

The thing is, i really don't like wishing for other people's misfortune, and that's kind of what the Asia Region has been reduced to every year, if i get a high number fine some are lucky, some aren't, but this thing where i have to wish for Iranians for their dreams to be crushed just so i could have a chance was a bit........tiresome

u know i HATE people who blame race for everything, and it's probably ridiculous in this case
but i saw an American talk show last night and there was a guy talking about how he feels the American immigration system is racist

Asia, Africa, South America - surprisingly bad numbers
Europe, Austrailia - surprisingly good numbers

i am not saying anything really, but i can't say that the thought hasn't crossed my mind that the white regions got surprise good numbers and everyone else seem to get numbers that were just stunningly bad
just a thought, it's all it is, don't kill me for it
It must be it. They are very strict about the purity. To the point that if you marry a person of different persuasion, as in my case, it doen't help to be a cracker.

My thoughts on the sense of entitlement:
Even if DV were unfair, it is a voluntary free of charge lottery, offered by a country that does not owe me anything.
Even if Britsimon were condecsending, there is no one else out there with comparable expertise, patience and goodwill.

I see what you mean. Anyway, I have never said that the US immigration system is racist, nor do I believe so. I've been to the US MANY times, and the whole reason that AS gets only 8000-8500 diversity visas is because there a lot of Asian immigrants living in the US. Nor have I ever blamed the citizens of any country whatsoever, again you must be mistaking me for some other members, they can get 7% of visas legally, well done, there is absolutely nothing in that. The only point I was trying to make is the I find KCC's (and not the entire US immigration system's) approach toward Asia (because it's the only region I'm familiar with) to be a bit radical. The last time I checked, this forum (and the States BTW) is a "free country", and I don't think I have ever offended anyone or made a remark that warrants unnecessary attacks. Considering the fact that I have missed the opportunity of a lifetime, I guess I'm taking this way better than I thought I would. Thank you very much.
Wow doc, getting feisty, aren't you?

My thoughts on the sense of entitlement:
Even if DV were unfair, it is a voluntary free of charge lottery, offered by a country that does not owe me anything.
Even if Britsimon were condecsending, there is no one else out there with comparable expertise, patience and goodwill.

There is no sense of entitlement, just sense of dissapointment
in addition, there are also several people that like to ride around on their imaginery moral high horse, riding on that kind of horse tends to give certain people a thrill up their leg it seems

in addition, there are also several people that like to ride around on their imaginery moral high horse, riding on that kind of horse tends to give certain people a thrill up their leg it seems
This is utter nonsense to insinuate that I am horsing around! I am not one of those people! Being from the Kingdom in SE Asia, I proudly prance on a moral royal elephant.

KCC False Hope Victims...This is gonna by my last post in this forum indefinitely (till i get selected again with a LOW CN. If ever)
I just hope that KCC learns their lesson, 7650 is the worst number in the history of dv for the asia region. never before has the number been lower than 10k, turns out kcc would rather clear shady iranian cases rather than taking new clean cases from friendly asian countries, if only bush was still the president..also disqualify nepal and iran come next dv fiscal year

I hope i had never been selected for dv15 at all, or better yet, not selected for dv15 but selected for dv16 as it seems much better than dv15 (lower number of selectees. but no guarantee as dv15 has 15k less selectees than prior year but has worse numbers)

now i need to find a new house (sold my house to fund for the never-came-into-fruition interview fees) as well as find an excuse for people asking me when i will move to the states

Dasivdaniya

No one is on any horses. You are obviously just in stages 2 in the link below.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief/

By the way, did you read my explanation of the concentration of numbers in the early ranges?

KCC False Hope Victims...This is gonna by my last post in this forum indefinitely (till i get selected again with a LOW CN. If ever)
I just hope that KCC learns their lesson, 7650 is the worst number in the history of dv for the asia region. never before has the number been lower than 10k, turns out kcc would rather clear shady iranian cases rather than taking new clean cases from friendly asian countries, if only bush was still the president..also disqualify nepal and iran come next dv fiscal year

I hope i had never been selected for dv15 at all, or better yet, not selected for dv15 but selected for dv16 as it seems much better than dv15 (lower number of selectees. but no guarantee as dv15 has 15k less selectees than prior year but has worse numbers)

now i need to find a new house (sold my house to fund for the never-came-into-fruition interview fees) as well as find an excuse for people asking me when i will move to the states

Dasivdaniya

If they get to the quota, this will go down as another well executed year. It does not matter to them what number is the final number, like I said before, you are all Asians to them.

Best of luck for DV2017.

If they get to the quota, this will go down as another well executed year. It does not matter to them what number is the final number, like I said before, you are all Asians to them.

Best of luck for DV2017.

If they can fill up the quota by only 7650 cases, who knows what may happen next year (especially given the recent iran-us nuclear deal), probably AS5000 ??

Might as well disqualify all asian countries except nepal and iran, as long as they can still meet the regional quota all is fine and dandy right ?? i believe those two countries alone can meet the regional quota for asia..so what is the point for allowing other asian countries to enter

Now the you're-safe-if-your-cn-is-below-10k thing is no longer valid...

Also now that the waiting game is over, i might as well expose my cn in its entirity since there's no point in keeping it a secret, useless number anyways..

If they can fill up the quota by only 7650 cases, who knows what may happen next year (especially given the recent iran-us nuclear deal), probably AS5000 ??

Might as well disqualify all asian countries except nepal and iran, as long as they can still meet the regional quota all is fine and dandy right ?? i believe those two countries alone can meet the regional quota for asia..so what is the point for allowing other asian countries to enter

AS5000, Maybe. What difference does it make?

Within those case numbers there will be ROA cases, each having had the very same chance as the Nepal or Iran cases. So, I guess that is the point...

Did you really sell your house? That was incredibly unwise! If you do ever get to live here, you will from time to time get a letter saying you have won some wonderful prize in the publishers clearing house draw. If you get one of those, don't go making financial commitments based on that, please.

AS5000, Maybe. What difference does it make?

Within those case numbers there will be ROA cases, each having had the very same chance as the Nepal or Iran cases. So, I guess that is the point...

Did you really sell your house? That was incredibly unwise! If you do ever get to live here, you will from time to time get a letter saying you have won some wonderful prize in the publishers clearing house draw. If you get one of those, don't go making financial commitments based on that, please.

yeah roa cases within those numbers have the same chance as nepal or iranian cases but what is the proportion of iran-nepal cases within those numbers to roa cases within the same numbers ? 8-2

iranian and nepalese entries have much higher chance of being put in the earlynumbers than roa cases that's what me and others are whining about, don't get me started on the whole iran-and-nepal-entries-are-disqualified-before-they're-even-notificed thing because let's face it, even if they get disqualified it doesn't make a difference anyways because the letter still says "Has not been selected" not "You have been selected but disqualified due to the country's limit" amirite? and being not selected is better than selected with a high cn.

it does raise into question if the draw process is really random when the early numbers are occupied by iran and nepal (80%), i believe there must be a better way to handle these two countries other than of course disqualifying them, it's more of a will thing...are they willing to fix this when the current approach still meets the quota ? of course not if it means more work on their part and getting home late, why fix something that isn't broken ? (at least from their eyes not us)

Mr Britsimon let's suppose for a moment you're in control of the dv program, you can change the rules, anything..

What would your approach to these countries be? Or would you just sit by idly like kcc is doing now watching as iran and nepal play in the field while roa sit in the substitute players bench and remain unused till the whistle blows?

yeah roa cases within those numbers have the same chance as nepal or iranian cases but what is the proportion of iran-nepal cases within those numbers to roa cases within the same numbers ? 8-2

iranian and nepalese entries have much higher chance of being put in the earlynumbers than roa cases that's what me and others are whining about, don't get me started on the whole iran-and-nepal-entries-are-disqualified-before-they're-even-notificed thing because let's face it, even if they get disqualified it doesn't make a difference anyways because the letter still says "Has not been selected" not "You have been selected but disqualified due to the country's limit" amirite? and being not selected is better than selected with a high cn.

For the 87th time. No they don't have a much higher chance of being in the early numbers. They have the exact same chance as ROA as getting the early numbers. I have explained this before, it is speculation, it is a fact. Why can't you understand it?

I explained it again a few posts ago.

http://forums.immigration.com/threa...ia-with-cn-10-000.326709/page-25#post-2409523