• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

First it's an update I am officially green..got my card this week.exactly a month after Being processed at P.O.E.
A word to those that might be disappointed after the 50,000 cut off For Africa,I wish to encourage you..don't give up.I 'm not a preacher but I am a believer in the supreme being Jehovah God almighty.I was Dv 2015 winner.I interviewed on 20 may 2015 and already in the USA since 8th June.I had a cn that was 69** .It was my first time ever to apply for the lottery and I got it.God's timing is the best.No hussle.There is a reason for everything.And life goes on even if u never went current.Keep strong hearts all will be well.if u keep knocking.Be blessed

It's still preaching :)
Nonetheless, strong and comforting words...

Wish all those Current success in their preparations.
I would also wish to appreciate the moderators( brtsimon,mom), @SusieQQQ ,@dada,@rogers.com(dv 2014) and many others who took time to give moral and invaluable support at the time of need.
I highly recommend the forum and blogs associated to it.
I took a breather ( viewing /posting) but that doesn't mean am out.
My family is well settled:last born who turned 5 in may got enrolled for September 2015 (kindergarten) the rest (8 & 16) are taking their summer holiday.

Wish all those Current success in their preparations.
I would also wish to appreciate the moderators( brtsimon,mom), @SusieQQQ ,@dada,@rogers.com(dv 2014) and many others who took time to give moral and invaluable support at the time of need.
I highly recommend the forum and blogs associated to it.
I took a breather ( viewing /posting) but that doesn't mean am out.
My family is well settled:last born who turned 5 in may got enrolled for September 2015 (kindergarten) the rest (8 & 16) are taking their summer holiday.
Encouraging. All the best Simon in your new home. Will still attempt again for DV2017. Keeping the hope alive back here. Wish all the current DV2015 and those successful in DV2016 all the best. The forum is truly invaluable regardless of individual outcome.

@u
Craigslist is a good start for a bike. If you're in Baltimore its baltimore.craigslist.org[/QUO
Hi, it's long time, just our of curiosity Since its confirmed you are current- I remember you being torn between American baby and Kenyan baby and the debate about hefty hospital charges;In new jersey, there is an immediate(medicaid) insuarance from the state for legal immigrants as long us they qualify and all pregnant automaticall qualify http://www.njfamilycare.org/imm_info.aspx. NB, they categorically say it does not make you a public charge.when my family landed I just called them.application is through online, office visit or phone call.i called them and within 20 Minutes my family got covered(I was exempted) since I had an existing plan.my friend in Baltimore dv 2014 can also guide you on how he qualified and he co- pay very llittle I stand to be corrected on this;
Please note: Families accessing NJ FamilyCare benefits will NOT be considered a "Public Charge".* check the highlight NOT in red color in the link

Last edited:
Congratulations on your big day.
Hi, usken good to hear from you.I hope you are well settled-btw...As I was going through my last posting I realized the last topics we discussed with you was about how people manage 2 jobs and arithmetic issue.I could not explain to you then but am sure you have some information now. I have one job which is very ok, but most people here have 2 jobs (group homes)

I wish also to express a word appreciation for the support i got from his forum.....super-moderators, brits, simon, mom , kenyan gal, Ms Dada, suasieqq and the rest of forumates ,May GOD bless you all.
DV2017 is only two months to come, I will keep trying.

I wish also to express a word appreciation for the support i got from his forum.....super-moderators, brits, simon, mom , kenyan gal, Ms Dada, suasieqq and the rest of forumates ,May GOD bless you all.
DV2017 is only two months to come, I will keep trying.

That's the attitude. KEEP TRYING. I tried from 2007 and winning came 5 years later.

Congratulations @usamommy2015 @pasaris @liskubs and my other DV journey fellow members who are finally current ! Happy for you all , wish you success in your interviews and looking forward to reading your interview experiences , all the best !

@koechf @Kenyan gal @Kings @Cokoth and my other friends who haven't made it. Dv2017 just around the corner

I would also like to thank the three lovely moderators , who have immensely helped us and did guide us throughout our entire DV journey. You've really been of great help , can't thank you enough , many selectees thank me for helping them , but I deep down know that the credit goes to you three - @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ . Keep up the good work !
Wonderful positive view from you Dada.
I am feeling helpless about you not being aboard the DV 2015 but want to encourage you to soldier on...
life goes on and one wonderful door is there to open for you, just keep knocking.

Hi, usken good to hear from you.I hope you are well settled-btw...As I was going through my last posting I realized the last topics we discussed with you was about how people manage 2 jobs and arithmetic issue.I could not explain to you then but am sure you have some information now. I have one job which is very ok, but most people here have 2 jobs (group homes)
Long time no hear Simon.
Glad to have you back. Happy to see that you settled well.What happened to Nayfara?
I am still yet to make the final move and it will come in due time.

so one job can sustain you in the US??

so one job can sustain you in the US??
certainly.
you need to prepare well, most people do this by going back to school or doing business.
I went to a Kenyan restaurant, very disappointing and over priced services but it was packed anyway...

Went to an Ethiopian restaurant and got good food and services and the place was also full.
I am somehow persuaded that hardworking entrepreneurs and well educated people do not need to overwork for survival but for prosperity.

No, his views come from living somewhere where corrupt politicians resign, even if it is just something like a travel expense scandal.... I've said before, there are many things someone who has only ever lived in a safe first world country just cannot comprehend about living in certain developing countries.
Remembering the topic of this debate and comparing Kenya with even the worlds top economy sometimes leaves me frustrated.
I was glad to hear Obama outline his agenda in Kenya- quote " an incredibly blessed country which is sometimes held back by corruption"
Karibu Obama and tell it to us in our own faces.