• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@podolski88 thanks for your observation but this story is simple. We only made one application with this agent. We met him in person as a family. We filled the application with him, proof read the application, then he took our photos with our kids and posted them online as we watched. He posted the application the following day in our absence. (we didn't contact him again). He used that same info and photos to apply the following year without contacting us. That application won. This is where the problem began.

So, look. The reality is that YOU did not enter the lottery. The agent did. He entered with your details, but incorrect. As you have correctly stated the mistake is your naivety in trusting him, but you should have realised the newborn was missing and that was a disqualifying mistake. If you had left it alone (since you did not enter) you would have saved yourself some money. So, I am pleased you are handling it with the right attitude and that you have taken your time to post here. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but you are not barred from entering again....

I wish everyone all the best. It shall be well. Thanks for your support.
Thanks JC2015 for sharing this experience. We were so used to visa approvals as opposed to denials. May the good Lord keep you strong and positive. The bible teaches us to give thanks at all times.

@JC2015 please describe this agent,is it someone you approach,give your details and let them prepare your application completely in your obsence,or how can you describe them? Can we as well call those assistants at the cyber agents because we give them all our infos and photos?

I just need to be well prepared financially for the whole process plus have the required documents for the interview. Can someone please tell me how much the whole process will cost in Kenyan shillings. It will be good if you break it down for me. And also what documents am I required to have for the interview.

I just need to be well prepared financially for the whole process plus have the required documents for the interview. Can someone please tell me how much the whole process will cost in Kenyan shillings. It will be good if you break it down for me. And also what documents am I required to have for the interview.
Go up this thread and read a couple of pages. You will surely emerge much wiser, your questions answered plus a lot more that you need to figure out.

@peterbingi what I meant by 'details' is things that aren't obvious but can mess you. These could be facts you've forgotten about or anything that's hard to explain in your documents. Go through your DS260 forms severally because you could be surprised to find a missing fact. Also compare your initial application with the second and ensure things match. If there's anything glaring prepare yourself on how to explain. The interview is quite short and you have but a few minutes to jog your memory.[/QU
It's a sad story - hopefully you will recover from this blow very soon - and there is no reason you cannot re-enter DV2017.

I have similar questions in my mind to those expressed by Mom. If there are two entries for the same year you normally don't get this far. However, it sounds like you were processing a case that was originally submitted by an agent - and the agent neglected to include the child. That was a clear violation of the rules and the instructions are clear that you will be disqualified.

What is also worth pointing out was that they wanted to do your interview anyway - although it was already certain they were going to refuse your case. The reason they did that (in my opinion) was to see if you were going to tell lies and dig a bigger hole for yourself - which could then have become a more serious issue. It is ESSENTIAL that people realize that telling the truth at all steps of the process.

I do hope people realize that these agents are ruining other peoples chances for their own gain. The sooner people stop using these greedy fools, the better.

Please is there anyway someone can check their e-DV entrance?

Please is there anyway someone can check their e-DV entrance?
i don't think there is no way to check the details if you did not keep a copy before submission. anyway, you can know when you submitted the edv which is the Case Creation Date.

My real Sister's names are PhilisIrene Wanjiru maina. KCSE cert its PhilisIrene W. maina. Passport Philis Irene Wanjiru maina. ID Philis Irene W. maina. also my KCPE 2nd name was typed wrongly Kang'ori instead of King'ori. Is there any need for an Affidavit for both cases?