• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Historical Visa Bulletin Numbers - 5 regions

Data shows that January 2015 is the 4th best of this month in 20 years for EU region. If things keep going at this pace it will be a great year.

Data shows that January 2015 is the 4th best of this month in 20 years for EU region. If things keep going at this pace it will be a great year.

Yes, DV2014 was a good year for EU, and I expect that to happen again. Just remember, years in a sense only compare to similar years. Exclusions of countries will change the numbers as we saw before with Bangladesh, and as Nigeria will change this year...

Britsimon, just out of curiosity considering EU; which years would you consider similar? Do you base it on the intake, progress, both, or what?

Really what?
Yes, DV2014 was a good year for EU, and I expect that to happen again. Just remember, years in a sense only compare to similar years. Exclusions of countries will change the numbers as we saw before with Bangladesh, and as Nigeria will change this year...
Hey Simon, so how big was Bangladesh's effect on the following year's CNs? I have a very high AF CN (78xxx), just trying to factor in Nigeria's exclusion...

Hey Simon, so how big was Bangladesh's effect on the following year's CNs? I have a very high AF CN (78xxx), just trying to factor in Nigeria's exclusion...

That is a sensible question - Bangladesh had many entrants and when it was excluded the CN ranges dropped significantly. That is evidence for why I think Nigeria is going to have a similar impact - and I have been saying that numbers are not comparable for AF region (high numbers). So - 2015AF78XXX is probably significantly higher than 2014AF78XXX.

You can see that AS region had a highest cutoff in the 40 - 50k range up to 2012 and then dropped dramatically in 2013. However, Bangladesh had CRAZY entry numbers (7.6M in 2012) which led to huge number of holes....

That is a sensible question - Bangladesh had many entrants and when it was excluded the CN ranges dropped significantly. That is evidence for why I think Nigeria is going to have a similar impact - and I have been saying that numbers are not comparable for AF region (high numbers). So - 2015AF78XXX is probably significantly higher than 2014AF78XXX.

You can see that AS region had a highest cutoff in the 40 - 50k range up to 2012 and then dropped dramatically in 2013. However, Bangladesh had CRAZY entry numbers (7.6M in 2012) which led to huge number of holes....

so does it mean that CNs are being created when the entry happens ? or after the selection ? and why some countries have lower CNs than the others ?
I still do not understand the sequence of the CNs !!!