• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi everyone, I just wanted to update with my progress and let you know I have my medical this Tuesday 11th November, in Sydney and hoping all goes well. The interview is 23rd December and I will see you there Essey!!. This experience has been quite nerve raking at times however if it wasn't for the positive postings on this forum and practical advise and guidance of many, I would be quite lost. With a sound presentation (and stopping myself from saying anything more than is asked through the interview) I am hoping I am approved so I can finally move to LA to be with my family who settled there many years ago. The list of documents and the order of presentation (police checks, HSC, degrees etc) was also very helpful thank you. I really do wish everyone well.

They won't say how many will be allocated because they don't know. They will have a target in mind, but the actual allocation it could be more or less depending on responses and up takes from various regions.

Thanks Susie. I understand that the allocation could be less if not everyone moves forward with the process or does not meet the criteria, but I didn't realise that they could allocate more. I just thought that each region had a maximum number of visas allocated. So if I'm interpreting your response correctly, if OC uses up all its allocation and another region/s hasn't, they may give more to OC? Sorry I'm bit naive about this process. I've been reading the forums but not completely understanding the whole allocation process.

Eeven if they were transparent about the quota, that wouldn't help since you don't know the density. I think the quota will have increased slightly for OC though, and based on last year it isn't impossible that we might see the cutoff starting with 17, but it will be tight/risky - and needless to say, 1701 is a heck of a lot better than 1799.

Thanks Britsimon. I probably sound silly, but I don't understand what you mean by density. And while I'm already looking silly, can I ask what the term "current" means. I've noticed that since 2005 (with the exception of 2014) the OC visa cut offs went "current" between June and September. Does that mean that all visas available to OC were given out by the month it went "current"? Or does it mean that all selectees that proceeded with the process that met the criteria were given a visa?

Thank you so much for your help, you guys help so many of us stop going crazy trying to figure this all out :)

(From what I understand), if some regions have lower than expected take up they reallocate those visas to other regions, so they can meet the overall total visa issuance target. The only hard caps are the overall number of visas and the 7% per country limit.

Hey guys, ive been selected finally after 3 years, i've left it a little late for checking i only found out today, will that effect my chnces do you think? my case number is 2015OC000018xx as this is the first time ive been selected im unsure of my chances. im about to fill out the DS-260. im also about to read back through the forum but just wanted to post say hi and hopefully get a bit more understanding of if my chances are ok or not.

Hey guys, ive been selected finally after 3 years, i've left it a little late for checking i only found out today, will that effect my chnces do you think? my case number is 2015OC000018xx as this is the first time ive been selected im unsure of my chances. im about to fill out the DS-260. im also about to read back through the forum but just wanted to post say hi and hopefully get a bit more understanding of if my chances are ok or not.

Checking now and filling out your DS-260 late has not affected your chances. Judging by your case number, however, I'm very sorry to say you have next to no chance of being issued a visa.

Well thats unfortunate, however im obviously still going to continue the process. im onto the section about an address in the USA however i dont have one, is there a way to leave this blank for now? Also i noticed that if youre in the usa at the time it says you can transfer the process to a different department, whats the davantage of this?

Last edited:
(From what I understand), if some regions have lower than expected take up they reallocate those visas to other regions, so they can meet the overall total visa issuance target. The only hard caps are the overall number of visas and the 7% per country limit.

That is correct and probably did happen in previous years but to be clear to the OP, that won't happen this year since 2015 is oversubscribed again.

Well thats unfortunate, however im obviously still going to continue the process. im onto the section about an address in the USA however i dont have one, is there a way to leave this blank for now? Also i noticed that if youre in the usa at the time it says you can transfer the process to a different department, whats the davantage of this?

Although I would not have been quite so direct as connectedspace, I would agree that your case number is probably too high. That being the case you should think about submitting your DS260. Returning that form shows immigrant intent which can complicate future temporary visa applications. Just something to consider.

I have a decent understanding now of the process after reading countless opinions about densities and ratios etc but I'm still unclear about why 2014 is seemingly the new normal. 2015 is only 3 VBs in and the numbers are tracking really well, much better than 2014. I know 2015 is oversubscribed but much less oversubscribed as 2014.
I can't help but think KCC were simply experimenting in 2014 and got it very wrong. This year they have adjusted and will see how it goes. At this stage whilst I don't think OC will go current, why is everyone so sure >1700 is looking bad? At nearly half way already what's stopping then continuing at this pace?

A lot of people got stuck on this question. You can't leave this blank - do you know anyone in the US that you could borrow their address?

I wonder how many others wait like you or don't check at all? Keep your fingers crossed that there are heaps of people! :p:)

I wonder how many others wait like you or don't check at all? Keep your fingers crossed that there are heaps of people! :p:)
Ha i know i was working in san fransico for a few months and had this conversation then (june) with an israli girl we were talking about the green card lottery the whole time i had no idea that id actually been selected, i should have check while i was over there. Hey britsimon i do goto the states very regularly ive been maybe or 6 times now my passport is actually full of homeland sercurity stamps, your saying i shouldnt submit my ds-260 because it can complicate thing for future visas? thanks or the info btw. And conncected space thanks for the bluntness and i can see from spending 4 hours reading the last 82 pages of this thread that im probably not going to get it this year but at the end of the day ya just dont know. It's probable but not definate. And i do have a few addresses in the states i can use ill just ask one of my mates if i decide to finish the 260 base on what britsimon says. Thanks

When are we expecting another round of 2NL's to be sent out? 15th of this month again like usual. I am quite hoping I'm in this round of interview dates :) I did put my DS-260 in start of August but my case number is 1XX. Been phoning up every few weeks to KCC but they just say its processing. Here is hoping. With Xmas right around the corner and Holidays its a bit hard to plan ta vacation without knowing your interview date.

When are we expecting another round of 2NL's to be sent out? 15th of this month again like usual. I am quite hoping I'm in this round of interview dates :) I did put my DS260 in start of August but my case number is 1XX. Been phoning up every few weeks to KCC but they just say its processing. Here is hoping. With Xmas right around the corner and Holidays its a bit hard to plan ta vacation without knowing your interview date.
You can call KCC and ask whether your DS260 has been processed yet. It will give you some indicator of whether you're likely to get an interview. If it still hasn't been processed then you won't be up for an interview yet but you can ask when they think it will be processed. August is quite late and it doesn't seem that they prioritise by case number. I submitted mine in May and still got bumped a month, even past people who submitted their DS260 after me, so who knows how they do it.

You can call KCC and ask whether your DS260 has been processed yet. It will give you some indicator of whether you're likely to get an interview. If it still hasn't been processed then you won't be up for an interview yet but you can ask when they think it will be processed. August is quite late and it doesn't seem that they prioritise by case number. I submitted mine in May and still got bumped a month, even past people who submitted their DS260 after me, so who knows how they do it.

I know it was late, I had to organise a wedding in a month so if we got selected we could both go. Yeah I ring KCC and they say oh 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc each time. All they say is its "Being Processed. No real system going on there. One Woman said more than likely get a november date back in august when i submitted. So now I just wonder if I filled everything in right. I don't know if ranging up every week or two weeks goes bad by your case or if they write it down in the notes somewhere?

Hear is hoping it comes through soon

I emailed the SYD Consulate the other day and this is what they responded with. Interesting to see they have included a check list to bring along to interview.

If anyone would like a copy of this email let me know, am happy to share.
View attachment 255 View attachment 255 View attachment 256 View attachment 257 View attachment 258

Hey OC_EMS thanks for sharing your checklist and interview details in previous posts. I was wondering how many weeks out from your interview date did you receive your confirmation and checklist email. I'm a little concerned as my interview is scheduled for the 9th of December but have not yet received any correspondence from Sydney. Should I be expecting something?

Does anyone know if the Sydney consulate send a interview confirmation email or is the only notification received regarding interview details the 2NL via the ESC website?

I have emailed Sydney twice but have had no response. They must be busy.

I know it was late, I had to organise a wedding in a month so if we got selected we could both go. Yeah I ring KCC and they say oh 2 weeks, 4 weeks, etc each time. All they say is its "Being Processed. No real system going on there. One Woman said more than likely get a november date back in august when i submitted. So now I just wonder if I filled everything in right. I don't know if ranging up every week or two weeks goes bad by your case or if they write it down in the notes somewhere?

I highly doubt that calling weekly to check affects your case. There are some people from what it sounds like are calling on a daily basis bugging KCC, they have a phone line set up to deal with these enquiries for a reason. You can also email them to find out whether it's been processed or not if you don't want to keep calling. When I called, they told my my DS260 had been processed and was ready to be allocated an interview, so if it's 'still processing', then it's not up to that stage yet. Don't worry, if you've gone current (which you have), you will get an interview, it just might take a bit longer. Waiting is hard, I know!

Hey OC_EMS thanks for sharing your checklist and interview details in previous posts. I was wondering how many weeks out from your interview date did you receive your confirmation and checklist email. I'm a little concerned as my interview is scheduled for the 9th of December but have not yet received any correspondence from Sydney. Should I be expecting something?

Does anyone know if the Sydney consulate send a interview confirmation email or is the only notification received regarding interview details the 2NL via the ESC website?

I have emailed Sydney twice but have had no response. They must be busy.

I seem to recall OC_EMS only got sent that email/checklist because they emailed the consulate. Sydney doesn't normally send any confirmation or information otherwise so don't worry that you haven't got anything.

We were the same re: wedding and didn't submit till July.
If you're not processed yet you may be a Feb interview instead of Jan.
Such a guessing game- all we can do is wait!

We were current in Nov so CN less than 650 but don't have an interview date because we submitted our DS260 forms on 19 July. It seems they are allocating interviews based on DS260 submission which is good for those that submitted early. Having said all that, I cannot wait until the Jan interview notifications!