Life on the high Seas

Concerto

Hey Guys!!! I need some advise. I went in for my citizen test on the 12th of September and everything well well until the IO started to ask me about and for a detailed breakdown of all the trips I've taken in the pass four years, he stated that everything should be fine once I provided the additional paper, but After I submitted all 82 trips that Ive taken my online status when back to "being in line for a interview.

I work on a cruise ship, and I did spend 197 days outside the U.S., which is 6 months and 2 two weeks for work so i have a valid reason for being away.
I would spend 3 months in Europe then returning to the States and an additional 4 month in the Caribbean returning the the States every , 10 days, 7 days, 3/4 days.

I also filed my N400 while i was onboard, I ve paid my taxes fed, state, and city.

Do you guys think Iwill need a lawyer, and what steps besides waiting should I be doing? any info will help
Thanks in advance.

You spent 197 consecutive days outside the US? Or 197 days total in a year? Or 197 days total over the whole 5-year window?

You spent 197 consecutive days outside the US? Or 197 days total in a year? Or 197 days total over the whole 5-year window?

I was gone from 10/9/12- 4/24/13 which is 197 consecutive days before I landed in Hawaii. Then 4/30/13- 5/07/13 to California. Just added up my days in the U.S. since my GC and it total up to 920 days.
the rest of the 82 trips that I took outside the states was only for 3 months before returning back to the states

Thank you Jackolantern for trying to answer my question.

trips as follow.
1. 3/9/14- 3/23/14 14 days away, returning on the 7th day

2. 8/15/2010- 1/30/2010. 120 consecutive days out of u.s returning every 7th back to states

3. 8/24/11- 12/11/11 104 consecutive days away

12/11/11- 3/18/12. returning every 1, 2, 7 days. stopping in us virgin islands

4. 3/24/12- 8/11/12 returning every 2, 3, and 6 days

5. 10/9/12- 04/24/13 197 consecutive days away
4/30/13- 5/7/13 6 days

6. 8/10/13- 11/12/13 112 consecutive days

11/12/13- 3/7/14 returning to the us every 10 days

Just added up my days in the U.S. since my GC and it total up to 920 days.

The physical presence requirement is based on the days present in the US only during the 5 years prior to the filing date (i.e. the date USCIS receives the application), and during that time you must have at least 913 days in the US.

Hey Guys!!! I need some advise. I went in for my citizen test on the 12th of September and everything well well until the IO started to ask me about and for a detailed breakdown of all the trips I've taken in the pass four years, he stated that everything should be fine once I provided the additional paper, but After I submitted all 82 trips that Ive taken my online status when back to "being in line for a interview.

I work on a cruise ship, and I did spend 197 days outside the U.S., which is 6 months and 2 two weeks for work so i have a valid reason for being away.
I would spend 3 months in Europe then returning to the States and an additional 4 month in the Caribbean returning the the States every , 10 days, 7 days, 3/4 days.

I also filed my N400 while i was onboard, I ve paid my taxes fed, state, and city.

Do you guys think Iwill need a lawyer, and what steps besides waiting should I be doing? any info will help
Thanks in advance.
According to INA Sec. 330, it is possible that the days spent on that cruise ship while it was abroad may still count towards your physical presence in the U.S. for naturalization purposes. Whether this applies to you depends on additional factors, such as who owned that cruise ship, where it was registered, etc.

See http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-10233.html
Also, I don't know what this means in terms of the continuous residency requirement.

According to INA Sec. 330, it is possible that the days spent on that cruise ship while it was abroad may still count towards your physical presence in the U.S. for naturalization purposes. Whether this applies to you depends on additional factors, such as who owned that cruise ship, where it was registered, etc.

See http://www.uscis.gov/iframe/ilink/docView/SLB/HTML/SLB/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-29/0-0-0-10233.html
Also, I don't know what this means in terms of the continuous residency requirement.
Actually, on closer reading, the INA 330 exception applies to both physical presence and continuous residency.
A table in Section D of the USCIS Naturalization Policy Manual confirms this:
http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartD-Chapter5.html

Hey Jackolantern and Baikal3, I just an text saying that I'm scheduled for the Oath ceremony. Thank you for your help and input.