• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

Just a quick question....
If the VB is 350 for say Oct and 600 for November, does the figures include the family members or is the 350 x applicants only?

Just wanted to let the Australians with high CNs know that my E3 visa was approved today. I disclosed the DV win in my visa application. The consular officer didn't even ask me about it.

Congratulations, at least you can breathe little bit easier for now.

Awesome. As Mom says - some breathing room...

I know right! It was touch and go there for a bit.

Im now sitting in my hotel room in Barbados (I interviewed at the consulate in Barbados) staring out across white sands and turquoise water and trying to relax a bit after a Sh*tstorm of stress this past year!

Just wanted to let the Australians with high CNs know that my E3 visa was approved today. I disclosed the DV win in my visa application. The consular officer didn't even ask me about it.

Congrats hearty. Depending on Sept VB, I may be looking at E3 as well (current employer has already said that they would sponsor me).

Are you planning on applying for DV-2016 and on and go AOS, or just stick with the E3?

Congrats hearty. Depending on Sept VB, I may be looking at E3 as well (current employer has already said that they would sponsor me).

Are you planning on applying for DV-2016 and on and go AOS, or just stick with the E3?

I'll keep applying for the lottery. So much more flexibility with the green card vs the E3. I just hope if I win again I get a low CN. I don't think I can take another year like we've just had. lol.

Congratulations. Spending a couple of years working in the USA is a wonderful life experience.

I've had a couple of E3s before. The problem is it's a non-immigrant visa so there's no future and you're very dependent on your employer. If you get fired or quit, out you go. It affects your long term planning and putting down roots. Sooner or later you're leaving so you keep everything temporary.

So if you really want to live in the USA you should try switching to a H1B then using it as the slow road to a greencard (however H1B has no spouse work rights). But in the meantime keep applying for the DV and with our wonderful OC odds you stand a good chance of winning.

FYI the expiration date on your driver's license will be the date written on your I-94 (white card they staple in your passport), so less than 2 years.

Congratulations. Spending a couple of years working in the USA is a wonderful life experience.

I've had a couple of E3s before. The problem is it's a non-immigrant visa so there's no future and you're very dependent on your employer. If you get fired or quit, out you go. It affects your long term planning and putting down roots. Sooner or later you're leaving so you keep everything temporary.

So if you really want to live in the USA you should try switching to a H1B then using it as the slow road to a greencard (however H1B has no spouse work rights). But in the meantime keep applying for the DV and with our wonderful OC odds you stand a good chance of winning.

FYI the expiration date on your driver's license will be the date written on your I-94 (white card they staple in your passport), so less than 2 years.

Yeah that is the drawback exactly. Its hard to make any plans with that hanging over your head. The job Im in could end at any moment so getting the E3 is just the start of a journey for me. Im grateful though. My F1 status was about to expire in a few weeks and I would have had to pack up my whole life and move back to Australia. Fortunately the offer to sponsor my E3 came at the last minute :)

Wish all you lucky DV lottery winners the very best! I am a young Aussie who has applied for 2 years with no luck. I really want to live and work in the USA and I will be amongst those applying in October for DV 2016!!! Hopefully I will have better luck next time. To all those people who continue to provide us with valuable information (including and especially Britsimon) thank you so much!

I will be amongst those applying in October for DV 2016!!!

Do we know if the lottery is continuing this year?
I know there was talk of abolishing it under immigration reform.... Clearly have not done my research though (too busy biting my nails waiting for my 2014 number to come upo_O)
Britsimon? ;)