• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Australian winners

This last month is taking forever. For the most part, the last 10 months have flown by because I haven't taken any notice knowing that it would come down to the last month with such a high number but now it's like it's in slow motion waiting for the final 2014 visa bulletin. I know I've got next year to fall back on, but I think I'll prob be hanging on every VB until my number is called now. It would be nice for everyone else with high CNs to get some closure too, one way or another.

Agree with you 100%.... This last month has definitely been playing out in slow motion... My CN is 164X and I have the worst feeling that I'll miss out by about 10 or 20... I need a holiday just to recover from this process.

My CN is 164X and I have the worst feeling that I'll miss out by about 10 or 20...

I have my fingers crossed for you! It's bad enough missing out, but missing out by so few numbers seems to be extra heartbreaking. Hopefully the last VB comes through for you.

Britsimon - certainly the Green Card is the ultimate prize, I'll be happy with that (if it ever happens)!

Agree with you 100%.... This last month has definitely been playing out in slow motion... My CN is 164X and I have the worst feeling that I'll miss out by about 10 or 20... I need a holiday just to recover from this process.

Lol I keep having that dream. That it cuts out at 2000 and I miss by a couple of spots. Oh the agony!

I think the final cut off will be circa 1700. You'll just scrape in :)

Because these are August numbers only...
619d1338914197-how-does-s3-perform-phone-homer-doh-squarered.jpg

So are the updated CEAC results better or worse than expected?

The density is a lot higher between 1300 -1450 (less holes) than the other months. Last time the released 150CN's there were 59 selectees called for interviews with 85 Family members. This time there is 63 selectees and 108 Family members.

The density is a lot higher between 1300 -1450 (less holes) than the other months. Last time the released 150CN's there were 59 selectees called for interviews with 85 Family members. This time there is 63 selectees and 108 Family members.

Wow that's almost 1 extra family member for every application. I'm surprised so many people with families from OC want the Green Card, I was always under the impression it was more young, single people who don't have as many ties which make it hard to uproot and move to another country.

Wow that's almost 1 extra family member for every application. I'm surprised so many people with families from OC want the Green Card, I was always under the impression it was more young, single people who don't have as many ties which make it hard to uproot and move to another country.

How odd- an extra 4 selectees is nothing but an extra 23 family members is odd! A particularly fertile batch of selectees it seems!

I just wish we could have had bigger jumps already, I don't understand why our region has had a smaller allocation than some single countries :( oh well...

One thing I notice in the numbers though is a few of the big families are from fiji, there is a five member family in there, to meet the financial requirements they would need approx $140k fjd.... The average weekly wage is around 140/200 per week.