Re-entry to USA with H1-B

jigss1987

Hello,
I currently hold an Indian passport and work in Texas based on my H1-B (I already have H-1B stamping). My current employer is sending me to the UK for 6 months with "Skilled worker transfer" visa. After 6 months I am planning to visit India and then return to the USA. However my manager concerned about whether there will be a problem with my returning to the US from India as I left to USA for UK. My question is,would I be able to re-enter with my H-1B if I am coming from India instead of UK?

Thank you!

You can come from anywhere. That is not the issue, but the bigger issue will be why you were away for so long. It is expected that h1b folks are hired to work in the US. That might trigger more aggressive questioning and even revoking the visa. Talk to your attorney before taking on this assignment.

You can come from anywhere. That is not the issue, but the bigger issue will be why you were away for so long. It is expected that h1b folks are hired to work in the US. That might trigger more aggressive questioning and even revoking the visa. Talk to your attorney before taking on this assignment.

My UK visa is intra company transfer visa so I will still get my paycheks in USA. I will be in India for almost 2 months so I can get a letter from my employer saying that I am still employed with them and I am planning to return on XXXX date, would it work?

Thank you for your help!