Passport needed back from US Embassy for travel.

nabeelzuberi

Hi All,

I have a question regarding my application. I am from Pakistan and my passports have been with the immigration officer as they kept it after the interview. In the interview they mentioned that my sponsor (my brother) should travel back to US (as he is currently in Pakistan) and send them the proof that he is there so they can further process my application. They however, kept mine and my wife's passport.

My brother is travelling back to US before the end of October and once he is there, we will be sending the proofs to US Embassy in Pakistan.

I have to travel to another country with my wife in January 2014 and was wondering if it is possible to request for my passports from the US Embassy for travel purposes? Also, will it negatively affect my chances to get immigration to US? Furthermore, if I can ask them for the passports how should I do it and if anyone else in this forum has done it, then can they share their experience with me please.

Thanks for reading this and looking forward to your replies.

Hi,

Yes, if you are getting back your passport your application might be denied. But you can explain to the Immigration officer that the purpose of travel to get back your passport. But, if your reason is valid your will be given back your passport.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hi All,

I have a question regarding my application. I am from Pakistan and my passports have been with the immigration officer as they kept it after the interview. In the interview they mentioned that my sponsor (my brother) should travel back to US (as he is currently in Pakistan) and send them the proof that he is there so they can further process my application. They however, kept mine and my wife's passport.

My brother is travelling back to US before the end of October and once he is there, we will be sending the proofs to US Embassy in Pakistan.

I have to travel to another country with my wife in January 2014 and was wondering if it is possible to request for my passports from the US Embassy for travel purposes? Also, will it negatively affect my chances to get immigration to US? Furthermore, if I can ask them for the passports how should I do it and if anyone else in this forum has done it, then can they share their experience with me please.

Thanks for reading this and looking forward to your replies.