• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

New Results of DV 2012 be discussed here with poll

What is your DV 2012 status?

• Total voters
Oh god, I'd give this a thumbs up if I could. Couldn't agree more. It's like someone offered you a room in their mansion and you're suing them for saying they have to accommodate someone else this year, and harassing them for not getting back to you when YOU SEE FIT. They'll get back to you when they can, get a grip, people. They're closer than ever to canceling this thing altogether.

be assured they won't cancel the dv lottery not as long it generates some revenue, every penny counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course he's reading. And, you would do the same. President Obama also reads absolutely everything off a screen; It's essentially an industry standard. Does that mean he doesn't give a damn about what he says? No. It just means things have been carefully worded (And we only need to look at this board for 5 minutes to see how people go crazy over words and execute demands).

I doubt the president of the United States who has graduated from Harvard Law School reads off screens. Even if he does look at screen it's only briefly looking at the screen, not reading it off word by word.

be assured they won't cancel the dv lottery not as long it generates some revenue, every penny counts.

Of course this is not true, DV program is not intended as a revenue generating program, the fees only cover their expenses.

Think of it this way, if they wanted money out of immigration, they would have a price tag on the green card, say $100K, so many will be ready to pay such amount for a GC.

don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to any of this and say good for them, let them attract revenue by legit means

but then what is your take on the EB-5 visa program? people pay/invest 500,000 to 1,000,000 dollars and receive permanent residency status and the process is completed in mere months

Last edited by a moderator:
Those "****ers" are GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO LIVE IN THEIR COUNTRY. Do you really think they want people who talk like that in? You are blatantly disrespecting the US government and acting as if you are ENTITLED to come to the US. Do you know how many other countries have a lottery like this? None. If you're going to behave like that you might as well stop entering the diversity lottery, for they do not want your kind. If you're going to be immigrating to a country you better respect it and its people, such blatant disrespect will get you nowhere apart from being completely and utterly unwanted.

don't get me wrong, I am not opposed to any of this and say good for them, let them attract revenue by legit means

but then what is your take on the EB-5 visa program? people pay/invest 500,000 to 1,000,000 dollars and receive permanent residency status and the process is completed in mere months

It's just a way to attract investors to drop the unemployment rate in the US, by employing at least 10 persons in their new biz.

facebook.com/travelgov

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
The results from the 2012 Diversity Visa Lottery will go online today at noon, EDT. Please use your confirmation number from registration to check the results.

facebook.com/travelgov

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
The results from the 2012 Diversity Visa Lottery will go online today at noon, EDT. Please use your confirmation number from registration to check the results.

Wow, only an hour and twenty minutes to go.. I'm so so so incredibly nervous.

Why did you call? Seriously.. that is just wasting resources. There was a statement on the DoS facebook.. Why is this never enough for people.