• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

It's official - 2012 invalidated.. redraw

For all those who were winners (like me) - you never know, we might win again with lower case numbers!

For the people who didn't win and are now annoyed with the people who did win - imagine how happy you would have been if YOU WON.... and then imagine having that taken away from you two weeks later. I think it's so much worse than not having won in the first place because you get excited to have been given this opportunity to get a green card.

I would love it if they let the 22,000 who were picked still be winners + pick another 78,000, but I understand the 'fair' thing to do is redraw. It's such a shame to leave 22,000 people across the world disappointed over a possible life-changing win! And I wonder how many of those 22,000 won't even come across the fact that they are no longer winners! I'm sure plenty of people have sent off their forms and are just waiting to receive their interview date.

Last edited by a moderator:
what if someone destroys confirmation number how he knows the result on July 15

I'm sure you're not the only one who has done this

Try emailing KCC as I'm sure they could make an exception given this year's issues! If enough people contact them I hope they will take it into consideration.

If you're lucky it may have been automatically saved on your PC when you enter form data.

(I pasted my confirmation number into my hotmail calendar and emailed it to myself so I always know where to find it!)

For all those who were winners (like me) - you never know, we might win again with lower case numbers!

For the people who didn't win and are now annoyed with the people who did win - imagine how happy you would have been if YOU WON.... and then imagine having that taken away from you two weeks later. I think it's so much worse than not having won in the first place because you get excited to have been given this opportunity to get a green card.

I would love it if they let the 22,000 who were picked still be winners + pick another 78,000, but I understand the 'fair' thing to do is redraw. It's such a shame to leave 22,000 people across the world disappointed over a possible life-changing win! And I wonder how many of those 22,000 won't even come across the fact that they are no longer winners! I'm sure plenty of people have sent off their forms and are just waiting to receive their interview date.

well, some members here used to call us names when we started to raise the red flag such as : sore loser, dog, f***, retard, whining....etc.
The hahahah :):) is pointed at them.
USA Gov. was doing an investigation and find that this result was due to a flawed process.
A lawsuit will guarantee that you won't ever get a US visa even if you got selected again and you won't even get a single dime so accept the algo ERROR and hope for an honest win.

I think KCC is counting on loads of phone calls and mails bombing them after the announcement of redraw. It is still a game and winning lottery is not a privilege and doesnt guarantee the GC. I understand formal winners the desperation and the feeling why being so shocked cuz i would be too.

Formal winners are signing a petition on other pages! plus encouraging ppl to make complaints on Obama's page and overwhelm it. I can visualize the outcome already...they can cancel the whole DV 2012 because they have the right to do that. I fear this can happen just like redraw happened.

Formal winners are signing a petition on other pages! plus encouraging ppl to make complaints on Obama's page and overwhelm it. I can visualize the outcome already...they can cancel the whole DV 2012 because they have the right to do that. I fear this can happen just like redraw happened.

You should have directed your frustration at people who started screaming "DV lottery is a scam and fraud", and bombarded Obama, FBI and who knows what with demands of a redraw. Now that they got what they wanted, you are showing your indignation at people who dare to complain about the maltreatment that they suffered.

I warned on May 2 that this will result in the cancellation of the program. And you know what? I think it will only be fair. It's incompetently run, and useless from the point of view of national interest. All 55000 visas should be given to those who deserve them- people awaiting employer-sponsored green cards, and those with US graduate degrees (and not to people with "equivalent" of high school education, possibly without any knowledge of English).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow i didnt mean to offend anyone just warn. No one wants to have the whole DV 2012 cancelled over a computer glitch. It's just all I'm saying. I'm not frustrated at all and in my previous posts I made it clear that I really feel sorry for formal winners. I dunno why you are giving out. You gave out to "losers" when you thought you had won and now again. This is a lotto a game and whoever gets to the interview their knowledge of English and education will turn out then and possibly the application will be denied if they dont qualify for their requirements. You probably will need enough money, either a job offer or a sponsor..whatever and having a good knowledge of English to be eligible. I've never had the chance to study in the US and if I had it wouldn't be so harsh on me not winning or being revoked. It's just my personal opinion.

mickel, i'm in the same boat with you. I did not copy and paste the info. I just printed it. On may 1st, I checked, couple days after I destroy the info. if you know how to go around this, let me know

can it still be that they will let people that were selected in the 22000 get their chances still???? because they won it by lottery. wrong or correct they got a notification and were selected.

if you are happy and making fun of people which are unhappy and frustrated... you can be sure you are not going to win... since being happy about other peoples unhappiness does not make you better....
Hey, it wasn't me who invalidated the results! It was David Donahue, don't blame me.

sory i dont blame anyone :( i am just so unhappy :( sorry
I just... it would be so much better if would not have won or selected....but to give something and take it away... it just hurts :(

Just one more thing to add why American degree or high school education would worth more than for example like European? Unfortunately my parents and I couldnt afford to sponsor my studies in the US so that means I wouldnt qualify? One of my schoolmates in high went to study in the US for a couple of months and she said the requirements were much lower for her it was pretty funny and easy and also shocking that she knew way more than her schoolmates there. It was just one high school and I'm not generally declaring that it applies on all schools in the US but other countries can have talents and well educated people as just as in US so you just shouldnt make a statement out of it. Let's think of inventors and/or scientists they are not necessarily US citizens.

It a shame that KCC sent out emails on Thursday and encouraged pepole to sent the papers. It's crystal clear latest at that time the knew all the facts.

Tazmania they could not do otherwise until an official statement was made. Everything had to carry one as normal until advised to stop.

It a shame that KCC sent out emails on Thursday and encouraged pepole to sent the papers. It's crystal clear latest at that time the knew all the facts.

I agree! No doubt they are more than disappointed. Hope you all will be selected again in the next run! Good luck to everyone!