No Information on Surrender certificate

Sethumadhavan

Registered Users (C)
It is more than a month I send the application for the Surrender certificate to Houston. I had sent two emails asking for status. No replies yet from the indan consulate in Houston. They also don't pick up the phone

Any suggestions on how to expedite?

Thanks

CGI Houston? Good luck! Like I said in one of my posts, CGI Houston is the worst of all other Consulates. No emails, no phones and no way of contacting them.

My gut feeling is that they are overwhlemed by the applications and they have no idea how to handle all the cases.

After I received my US passport, I was relived thinking that I don't have to put up anymore with India released delays. How wrong I am. The Indian saga continues

I was also told by someone that the Indian consulates rotate employees within other consulates thereby not letting them settle in one Consulate. Plus they come on deputation and by the time they get to know the rules & regulations, they are sent back home.

This may also be the cause of delay.

Even black holes in the universe tend to release a few protons/electrons once in 100 Billion years, but Houston consulate is .....

Seriously guys, when I did my OCI on March of 2010, I got back my OCI in 3 weeks (start to end). Now I can see that they have only approved a few dozen cases from May through Oct. I can see that they are currently processing May 12 cases.

The Houston consulate grants OCI every Thursday/Friday of the week.

it is taking more than 2 months now. They are giving preference for renun apps applied along with VISA..PIO etc. Mine is standalone and revd by Houston on Aug 30th. I am still waiting......

Where did you get this information? I read a posting in this forum that the PIO/OCI appilcation was sent back since the applicant sent both PIO/OCI app & SC together. He was told to get SC first and then re-apply for PIO/OCI.

it is taking more than 2 months now. They are giving preference for renun apps applied along with VISA..PIO etc. Mine is standalone and revd by Houston on Aug 30th. I am still waiting......

Where did you get this information? I read a posting in this forum that the PIO/OCI appilcation was sent back since the applicant sent both PIO/OCI app & SC together. He was told to get SC first and then re-apply for PIO/OCI.

I have been talking to one girl in CGI Houston in Renun dept. She mentioned that fact. I know for sure, you have to send together if it is VISA. I think that is same with PIO card also, as one of my friend experienced. while applying for OCI, you might have to complete renun first and then apply for OCI. I got my OCI packet back this week after 3 full months. The reason mentioned was renun cert missing. They never called me earlier to see if I already applied for renun cert, nor returned the packet earlier.

I will never apply for this OCI after my renun is complete. I am going to go for VISA first and down the line I might apply for OCI.

I will never apply for this OCI after my renun is complete. I am going to go for VISA first and down the line I might apply for OCI.

Same here; I will apply only for a visa; I need to go to India urgently and once i get Renun, i will get a visa

I got my SC done.

I sent on Aug 31st . I was told it takes only 2 weeks. finally got renunciation certificate after 2 months.

do we have to notarize the renunciation forms?
anyone who has already sent..can u please clarify?

Last edited by a moderator: