Waiting Asylum decision

Mr. E

Thanks for share your story with us in such a level of detail. I am Venezuelan too and I think they are now more aware of the sadly true of our country and they are being more receptive with our applications. The AO that interviewed me was really kind and courteous so I did not have a bad interview but I left the building with a huge question mark because my interview did not even last one hour and I have been told that is not good. However I am very positive and have faith that I am going to be approved. But the wait is killing me, I am currently in status but the company is laying me off because it will expire in September. Since I an under status they have taken almost 3 month already since the interview with no response. I have being told that people out of status or about to expire received their answers faster. Well I just wish you a very good luck and hope you receive a positive answer soon.

I-589 Received: 28-Feb-11
Biometrics done: 17-Mar-11
Interviewed: 28-Mar-11
Today is: 12-Jun-11
# of days passed: 104
Day 150 is on: 28-Jul-11
Days to go: 46

Mr. E, Thanks for sharing your history, I'm also from Venezuela and I had exactly same bad experience you had back in 2005 in Boston, MA. I received an intend of deny letter so I decided to contact one of the best immigration Attorney in Boston, based on my case, my attorney recommended me to ask to my wife to apply for political asylum, she did it and got asylum granted.

Having a good legal representation during the asylum interview was the key piece to obtain my political asylum on this country.

hjjez and ivanlozada,
Thank you for sharing your experiences and for your advices, I appreciate them very much.
It's nice to hear from other brothers from Venezuela, but sad for the situation in my country.

hjjez, I hope you get your approval letter soon. I've also being told that people out of status or about to expire received their answers faster, my I-94 also expires in late september, so I guess I'll just have to wait and keep praying. Are you working right now with your B2 visa?

ivanlozada, man thanks for the legal advice, I'll keep it in mind, but I really hope that things don't get that far.
On the other hand I got here alone, I'm single, and I don't have any family in here, so it's hard, but I have faith that things are gonna get better.

I wish the best of luck for both of you and keep in touch.
Take care!

I you have faith things are going to get better, you can have even more than one process at the same time (student or work visa application, if you're single you can find your love and get married, etc..), My advise, invest all money you can in a good attorney, if the attorney is Anglo it will helps you.

Hi,
I am also undergoing same situation. I applied for asylum on april 4 and got fingerprinting done in 25 days. The interview was scheduled on May 2. The interview lasted for three and a half hour long, the AO asked several question and i replied them. Later my attorney told me that it was a good interview. The AO told me to pick the result 14 days later. After 14 days I was told that the result will be mailed but haven't received it yet. As the time is passing I am getting very depressed. I cannot apply for job and my financial situation is not well.... I tried to contact that attorney but all in vain... All I can do is to wait and wait which is very stressful.

Applied for asylum: 4/2011
Asylyum Interview: 5/2011
Asylum Decision : Pending :(

Attorney is the best person who can guide you through.We had our interview in Dec 2010.But our Attorney keeps us updated and is very prompt in responding to our Questions.We are also anxious about the case but Attorney is a great help.
This is my personal view and have seen with people i know who applied for asylum,if you get a good Pro-bono lawyer they are very passionate about there work .And there are lot of Institute that help in finding Pro bono attorney.These institutes help with Food stamps,medical help without Medical insurance.They help out of status people .Please check up online in your area ,these organization are of great help.Hope it helps .

Hi,
Don't worry sagipisces i had same situation which you are in now, i got my approval letter exactly in three months. The AO told me to pick the result 14 days later. After 14 days I was told that the result will be mailed and i got my approval letter in 3 months and i remember how it was hard to wait for 3 months , Just pray to God and think positive because God love who are positive about him , You will get your approval letter soon ,Our prayers with all of you guys who are waiting for their decision.

Thank you Gr8 and await asylum.. Your replies helped me a lot... They made me to think postive... I have another problem now. I was on f2 status and got admission in college, just wanted to know is it safe to change my status i.e from f2 to f1....

Hello my name is K, I am an pending asylum case
my final court case is in December I've been trough the interview and a calender hearing
after I applied for asylum I have waited for the 150 day to apply for the EAD how much longer is it going to take?
i was allowed to summit my app. on may 14 2011 and may 16 I revived a notice that that said the fallowing
"the above application/petition has been revived by our office and is in process
please verify your personal information listed above and immediately notify the USCIS number listed below if there is any changes.
please note that if a priority date is printed on this notice,the priority does not reflect earlier retained priority dates."
so its been almost 2 months since i sent that letter. I am worried and feel useless in,at least working would take the stress away from the awaiting of court and its final decision. I live in Texas and I am from Peru (it doesn't really matter)
thank you in advance even if there is no answer

Hi guys,
I finally got my interview date. Never received receipt notice. I waited 3 months for the interview date and finally had it yesterday. AO was really nice and friendly. He came out and told me time he would interview me, and if i want to go to eat or do something just to go. Anyway interview lasted more then hour and half. It was really friendly. But again you newer now. Since I'm still in status they will mail me decision. So i suppose i'll have to wait few months on that too.
But something surprised me what he said, I didn't heard about it before, if i get negative decision i won't go to the court i have to complain to them again and tell my reasons why i think they made mistake with decision and they will review the decision again. Did anyone had experience with this?! thanks

Hi guys,
I finally got my interview date. Never received receipt notice. I waited 3 months for the interview date and finally had it yesterday. AO was really nice and friendly. He came out and told me time he would interview me, and if i want to go to eat or do something just to go. Anyway interview lasted more then hour and half. It was really friendly. But again you newer now. Since I'm still in status they will mail me decision. So i suppose i'll have to wait few months on that too.
But something surprised me what he said, I didn't heard about it before, if i get negative decision i won't go to the court i have to complain to them again and tell my reasons why i think they made mistake with decision and they will review the decision again. Did anyone had experience with this?! thanks

Hey Mimi ,yes if you on status ,you don't go to court.If your case is denied they will issue you NOID(Notice of Intent to Deny)...and in this mail they the reason to deny and they will give you 16 days to reply to the question.And ones you replied the decision they send is final .And can not move to court until you are in deportation stage or your visa expires.Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

hi everyone i see everybody in same page on mine. But i just applied asylum and waiting for decision. Did any you got decision yet if so what was the time line. My wife applied for it and im her dependent. We had interview on May 10. its not been 2 weeks yet, should i wait for two week or expect longer delay. We both are in status she is student and im in H1b. As i am trying to have new job with EAD i will get. Also if decision doesnt come after 150 days do i also eligible to apply for EAD along with my wife?

I applied when my status was one week due to expire. This is my 11th month since my interview. so just sit there and wait for a surprise anytime, after one month or even three years. Good luck.

And the wait continues

Mr. Bird. Did you do your movie? hehe. Last week I spoke with my lawyer and she told me that the fact I have not received the NOID in almost 4 months is a great new because when they are going to deny it the do it in the first month or so if it is a matter of time you should have more hope than anyone else here LOL. Finally I am about to apply for my EAD and feel some kind of relief in this agony

Today is: 14-Jul-11
# of days passed: 136
Days to go: 14

Gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

Mr. Bird. Did you do your movie? hehe. Last week I spoke with my lawyer and she told me that the fact I have not received the NOID in almost 4 months is a great new because when they are going to deny it the do it in the first month or so if it is a matter of time you should have more hope than anyone else here LOL. Finally I am about to apply for my EAD and feel some kind of relief in this agony

Today is: 14-Jul-11
# of days passed: 136
Days to go: 14

HAHAHA Man, the movie is done, and has a very happy ending.....as you can see above, the starring did not die!...lol You too will get approved.

Hello everyone,

My Boyfriend submitted his asylum application(I-589) in April 21, 2011. And after 3 weeks received his confirmation letter. A day after that he received in the mail his appointment letter for fingerprinting. The week following his completion of fingerprinting he received his next letter for his interview on June 16, 2011. The interview lasted 3 hours, and went very well due to him studying hard for it. The IO told him that a decision will be mailed to him in 4 weeks. We are now ending the 6th weeks after his interview and no letter. His lawyer told him that this means that it was probably referred to an immigration judge. is this true??? and how much longer do you think we will have to wait. He provided many documents of proof, and answered every question perfectly.

gooood news!!!!!! I got my approval letter and my new i-94 attached today!!! I can not express the feeling, you need to experience it to know how good it feels. Glory to god, the waiting was worth it. Many thanks to all of you who kept on giving me hope. Special thanks to assylum whom i have learned so much from, i have advised many people from the knowledge i got from you assylum, thanks! And i'll still be around. All the best to those still waiting.

congratulations !!!