• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Lottery Winners From Ghana Meet Here

I don't think all the states have similar opportunities especially in terms of jobs. I know a couple of guys who have to relocate due to their inability to get jobs and other things. We are talking in terms of as an African, the opportunities you may have/not have when you live in a predominantly white neighborhood. There are places where you may walk for more than an hour and may not meet any black people. I know a guy who moved to Oregon (North West) and had it really difficult there. Of course your host can play an important part in your search for opportunities.

There are countless experiences of friends that I don't want to discuss them here because this is not the right place to talk about those issues.

Really, thats Goood for us who are preparing to move. Thanx Bosssssss

@ Nyarko24 and Ema,
How far are preparations to Obamaland? I hear flights are very expensive nowadays. Let me know when. All the best

In the states here ..things are similar and the same everywhere you go...it all depends on who you are coming to live with and the kind if job you are looking for..when you get a good host they ll direct you well if vise versa then it takes a while to get on your feet

OK, rozy, that soundz wonderful, i pray my host will have that kind of influence.

Congratulations to all successful winners and to all going for interviews this month and the coming months,you shall all find the favour of God IJN,AMEN.

WE shall all continue to testify to the goodness of GOD on this forum IJN,AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the glory of God,myself and my wife will leave for USA in the early JULY.

we shall continue to remember everbody in prayers.

Amen! bro, we wish you and the family the best of preparations and traveling mercies.

I don't think all the states have similar opportunities especially in terms of jobs. I know a couple of guys who have to relocate due to their inability to get jobs and other things. We are talking in terms of as an African, the opportunities you may have/not have when you live in a predominantly white neighborhood. There are places where you may walk for more than an hour and may not meet any black people. I know a guy who moved to Oregon (North West) and had it really difficult there. Of course your host can play an important part in your search for opportunities.

There are countless experiences of friends that I don't want to discuss them here because this is not the right place to talk about those issues.

Guys don't forget that the 'connection(s)' you have over here is very important in securing a job. Just like what we have at home, the same things also goes on here.

Thanks very much bro, i hope our hosts have the necessary connections to enable us sail through swiftly. the reason for the question i asked was that, i know of someone who went to a host in Bronx and for sometime, wasn't able to secure any job (even though the host has been there for almost close to 3 years and is doing about 3 different kinds of work) until he moved to Maryland. but as you have said, we hope ours will be different through Christ. Amen.

Guys don't forget that the 'connection(s)' you have over here is very important in securing a job. Just like what we have at home, the same things also goes on here.

Thanks very much bro, i hope our host have the necessary connections to enable us sail through swiftly. the reason for the question i asked was that, i know of someone who went to a host in Bronx and for sometime, wasn't able to secure any job (even though the host has been there for almost close to 3 years and is doing about 3 different kinds of work) until he moved to Maryland. but as you have said, we hope ours will be different through Christ. Amen.

@ Nyarko24 and Ema,
How far are preparations to Obamaland? I hear flights are very expensive nowadays. Let me know when. All the best

Frankyy, i was told by a friend of mine who picked his visa the same day Ema did his, according to him, he said together with the package and the visa given him, there was this info also given concerning some NGO called International Organisation for Migrations (IOM) whose work is to assist DV immigrants to cut down the cost of flying to the state. he said he even enquired about the fair and they told him the cost of flying from Accra to NY is $900. so my question were members of this forum who have picked their visas not given this info?

Frankyy, i was told by a friend of mine who picked his visa the same day Ema did his, according to him, he said together with the package and the visa given him, there was this info also given concerning some NGO called International Organisation for Migrations (IOM) whose work is to assist DV immigrants to cut down the cost of flying to the state. he said he even enquired about the fair and they told him the cost of flying from Accra to NY is $900. so my question were members of this forum who have picked their visas not given this info?

Yeah Pope, we were all given this info and from their prices, you can see that theirs is cheaper, thus, 200 USD less. it is pretty Good. so forum members can find out with the IOM esp Emma and nyarko24. I realize that Delta takes 1436 USD whiles IOM takes 1280 USD to Oklahoma. that is quite ok. Thanks fro remembering us.

Bro, I was given this information, but then i did not know it is cheaper than other flights until after the inquiry. Thnx so much poescady1

i want to find out how many months it will take for a medical report to expire before going for an interview.this is because i started mine on 31st march 2011 and got the report 2 weeks later at akai house but my interview has been scheduled on the last day of july so it will be 4 months old and i want to know if it would be accepted without being told to go 4 another 1

Yeah Pope, we were all given this info and from their prices, you can see that theirs is cheaper, thus, 200 USD less. it is pretty Good. so forum members can find out with the IOM esp Emma and nyarko24. I realize that Delta takes 1436 USD whiles IOM takes 1280 USD to Oklahoma. that is quite ok. Thanks fro remembering us.

Ema4allkinds said:
Bro, I was given this information, but then i did not know it is cheaper than other flights until after the inquiry. Thnx so much poescady1

Bros, you are welcome, these are some of the least things one can do. the LORD be with us all.

i want to find out how many months it will take for a medical report to expire before going for an interview.this is because i started mine on 31st march 2011 and got the report 2 weeks later at akai house but my interview has been scheduled on the last day of july so it will be 4 months old and i want to know if it would be accepted without being told to go 4 another 1

Epabby, em i think members who have completed their medicals we be in a better position to help you out, i but personally i think it won't have any effect on you for the interview, but will if you stay long in the country after you visa pick, say more than 2months, because that will mean the medical's expiring that will be due. all the best