• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

Thanks So much Coen... I guess we just have to sit tight for a little while longer.....
Do you have a high or low CN?

They don't acknowledge it at all. I emailed them asking if there was any paperwork that I needed to provide outstanding on my file (along with full name, date of birth and case number for security) and received the following reply:

Does anyone know how much cash you need to avoid having a sponsor? I have heard people claim anywhere from 3 months to 5 years at the poverty line. I've also heard they don't ask for anything if you are single with no dependents as they assume you will just be able to find a way to make ends meet, is this true?

HI All

I originally got on this site when I received my first letter. I posted all off and have still heard nothing. Is that normal? my number is 2011ocXXX7XX. Should I contact KCC to make sure they received my documents?

Thanks Coen.... I already read that. I just wanted to hear it again!! LOL I am getting so impatient.

What do you think about this... I have a low range DUI charge from 7 years ago. I have not go anything else against me. Do you think they will kick me to the curb?

Kenny....

I have a few questions if you don't mind.
I am a DV2011 winner and I'm about to start the police record process. Am I on the right path when I have the form QP0349B? It is an application for police certificate name and fingerprint search... and is $158 which I pay and then send away with the documents. Also, with regards to the medical..... did you have to have your life vaccinations record before you saw the embassy Dr or?
Could you walk me through a little of your process :)

Thanks for your help.....

Good luck with the whole process, my wife and I have received our greencard from the 2010 lottery yesterday and we plan tp move to new york in sep/oct. We went to hawaii to "activate" and loved it there. I must say the whole process was very easy from start to finish as this was the only year we applied and got through with no hassles. Hated the medical as I have a fear of needles and the interview lasted a whole 2 minutes and ws very easy.Lots of opportunites await us in real estate over there as we liquid cash to buy properties and hold for a while.

Good luck and any questions please feel free to ask

HI All

I originally got on this site when I received my first letter. I posted all off and have still heard nothing. Is that normal? my number is 2011ocXXX7XX. Should I contact KCC to make sure they received my documents?

Your interview may be in October/November 2010.

Hi All,

Another winner from Australia here, Melbourne to be more specific. This was my first entry into the lottery and I can say that I was shocked the night I opened the letterbox and found the yellow envelope waiting for me.

My (now) wife and I were married about a month ago and all the forms are now in, so the count down has begun for the appointment letter to arrive. By the looks of things, based on my number, we should be up for interview in early October. So, it's all very exciting!

Thanks very much kimandgaz - fingers crossed tightly for you...is this your first year or have you entered before?

Beech1814 - we are nervous too, as are most I'd guess! Add 2 children and a dog into the mix and I think there are some interesting times ahead, lol. I notice your number is rather low so I will be stalking your posts for details!

A question already: does anyone know how long after being issued with the visas at the interview we have to pack up and enter the U.S. by??

Many thanks for any help,
TamaraM

You must enter the US within 6 months of the visa issue date

Congrats for all winners.
I didn't win.
I got the following message,
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2011 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Does it mean that I lost the chance this year? or I could win later? if could, how often should I check the website?
Regards

I won in DV2010 and received my NL letter is June. In July I checked online and said I have not been selected, despite the fact that I received a letter! After a few days it did however show me as a winner. I suggest you check again after a few days/weeks.

Kenny....

Am I on the right path when I have the form QP0349B? It is an application for police certificate name and fingerprint search... and is $158

Beech,

QP349B is the right form to use in QLD. Just go to the Police station, pay & do the fingerprints. They send the forms to wherever it should go. By the way, the cost is not $158 but $163.20 - check with the police when you're there. I did mine 3 days ago.

I emailed the Consulate and they said they accept QLD Police or AFP certificates, so you can chose which one to get.

Hey Superkruz,

Thanks for the info. I did actually go thru with the procedure almost 2 wks ago. I have a low Ranking number - so I figured it would be better for me to get this done and out of the way ASAP.

Beech,

Good luck with your application. Did you apply for a QLD police certificate? Your number does look very low but I have no idea how quickly the Oceania numbers are processed. I was born in South Africa and my number is 2010AF0073XXX - just imagine how I felt with such a high number! I did not think it would ever be Current but fortunately it is current in September, the last month of the DV2010. When do you expect to have an interview?

Hi Guys,

As mentioned in a previous thread way back, i am also an OC 2011 winner.
I rang KCC last week, and was informed my interview date will be within the first 3 weeks of October!!!

Busy, busy busy! Luckily i have been working hard collating my documents since the first NL.

Good luck to all, hoping for a successful interview.

AJK

Superkruz,

Also, good luck with your application! Yes, I applied for the QLD certificate and I think it takes around 1 month to get the report back. I haven't received my 2NL yet - but I am guessing my interview will be October some time. As soon as I get the 2NL I will book for my medical. I see that your in Brisbane also - yay! What state do you plan on moving too in the US?

Beech,

Good luck with your application. Did you apply for a QLD police certificate? Your number does look very low but I have no idea how quickly the Oceania numbers are processed. I was born in South Africa and my number is 2010AF0073XXX - just imagine how I felt with such a high number! I did not think it would ever be Current but fortunately it is current in September, the last month of the DV2010. When do you expect to have an interview?

AJK,

Congrats to you also! I am pretty nervous about the interview.... but I've been working pretty hard like you since the first NL to get all my documents in order. Do you live near the consulate or will you have to also fly into Sydney?

Hi Guys,

As mentioned in a previous thread way back, i am also an OC 2011 winner.
I rang KCC last week, and was informed my interview date will be within the first 3 weeks of October!!!

Busy, busy busy! Luckily i have been working hard collating my documents since the first NL.

Good luck to all, hoping for a successful interview.

AJK

Beech,

Mate I dont have a clue where in the US to go to.... how about you? I am just taking it one step at a time and first want to see whether I actually get the damm visa!

I plan on settling in Nashville. I've been a few times and I have a wonderful community of friends there. So, I am sure that will make the transition a lot easier.

I have a few things re: education to prove at the interview - hence my nervousness. BUT I have quiet a paper trail - and I am pretty confident I have what they require - Although nothing will really settle me 100% until I have that stamp in my passport :)

Have you ever been to the US before or you just haven't found a place that you prefer to move too?

Beech,

Mate I dont have a clue where in the US to go to.... how about you? I am just taking it one step at a time and first want to see whether I actually get the damm visa!