N-400 December 2009 filers' tracker

My immigration journey is officially over today April 2nd 2010. I am so happy to say that I am a US citizen now! Had my oath ceremony today and it went very smoothly. To God belongeth all praise and thanks!!! Best of luck to you!

My immigration journey is officially over today April 2nd 2010. I am so happy to say that I am a US citizen now! Had my oath ceremony today and it went very smoothly. To God belongeth all praise and thanks!!! Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you and your family. :)

Congratulations to you Dan4usa. And everyone that their journey is over ( or almost over). See you in Life After Citizenship thread.

Hi Folks..........It's time for da interview.............will post my exp. tomorrow..............wish me luck............all immiforum friends.......................:)

I went for Oath this morning in Detroit. I am US citizen now!! Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks.

Dear

12/16/09 - Application Mailed (Phoenix-AZ)
12/17/09 - Application Arrived at USCIS (Phoenix-AZ)
12/21/09 - Notice Date
12/21/09 - Priority Date
12/22/09 - Check Cashed
12/26/09 - NOA received
01/16/10 - Yellow letter for wife only (Bring DL). No yellow letter for me.
01/19/10 - FP Letter received
02/03/10 - FP Date
02/24/10 - IL
03/31/10 - ID
03/31/10- OL
04/05/10- OD (Completed)

i went for oath this morning in detroit. I am us citizen now!! Good luck to everyone.

Thanks.

Dear

12/16/09 - application mailed (phoenix-az)
12/17/09 - application arrived at uscis (phoenix-az)
12/21/09 - notice date
12/21/09 - priority date
12/22/09 - check cashed
12/26/09 - noa received
01/16/10 - yellow letter for wife only (bring dl). No yellow letter for me.
01/19/10 - fp letter received
02/03/10 - fp date
02/24/10 - il
03/31/10 - id
03/31/10- ol
04/05/10- od (completed)

c o n g r a t s ! ! !

Congratulations!:)

I went for Oath this morning in Detroit. I am US citizen now!! Good Luck to everyone.

Thanks.

Dear

12/16/09 - Application Mailed (Phoenix-AZ)
12/17/09 - Application Arrived at USCIS (Phoenix-AZ)
12/21/09 - Notice Date
12/21/09 - Priority Date
12/22/09 - Check Cashed
12/26/09 - NOA received
01/16/10 - Yellow letter for wife only (Bring DL). No yellow letter for me.
01/19/10 - FP Letter received
02/03/10 - FP Date
02/24/10 - IL
03/31/10 - ID
03/31/10- OL
04/05/10- OD (Completed)

Passed Interview ..... Waiting to collect oath letter for 2 PM .... from immigration officer.............writing this note from inside the building ....

Passed Interview ..... Waiting to collect oath letter for 2 PM .... from immigration officer.............writing this note from inside the building ....

Woo! Congratulations! :)"writing notes from inside the building" You are the best!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Okie ... Dokie...

Passed interview........it was fairly easy.......super fast interview .... came out within 20 min. First went through security cheak. Went on 2nd floor, where lady saw my interview letter and asked me to go on 3rd floor. Today my luck was so so so good that I saved myself for the same day oath by couple of minutes.....after 1 pm every interviewer was going to assigned a date for oath on 23rd april. I was lucky enough to pass everything before 1 pm. Not only that, but my interview officer has also told me in the very begining that 'please bare with me here, but if you cooperate with me than I can get you in the oath ceremony today, otherwise you will have to wait for next oath which will be on 23rd. He asked me are you nervous? I said NO, with loud and smile on face. He said did you come alone, no one is there to take your pictures, I said GOD is watching and with me. He replied very good answer. I started answering question very fast but very clearly, he laughed and told me that don't worry you will get oath on same day. You are confident and I don't see any problems with your english skills. He asked me several questions from N-400 such as where do you live, where do you work, when did you visit last time out side usa? what is your occupation ? Finally he asked me questions from civics and english test, peace of cake, if you have prepared well enough.

I came out and waited for half an hour for oath letter. Got oath letter and went in for oath ceremony at 2:30 pm. Saw some video and listen to some music played by them. Affirm the oath. Came out and collected the oath letter. Cheaked it for any errors. No errors.......meaning happily ending journey..................

Good luck to you all...........don't be afraid..........or nervous......that's all. Good luck once again.

K :) :)

One more fact that I have found out by asking to an immigration officer:

If you want to do a name change based on marriage. Than you can only do last name changed based on your marriage and can also get SAME DAY OATH. But if you also want to change middle name and adopt your husband's first name as middle name, than it won't be possible without the presence of judge.

So either you have to wait for the ceremony in court or judge to be there during oath ceremony.