212(a)(3)(B) of the INA Please Help

Koteya, You wife is derivative asylee, as long as the I-730 that you filed on her behalf was already approved, which entitled her to a derivative asylee, she is not inadmissible. I read that attachment that you sent me, yes I have read it the 1st day that it was issued.

Extra information: AILA issued some document a while back stating that if the material support bar was applied erroneously by the adjudicator, the applicant can challenge such determination causing delay, but Aila failed to draft what kind of appeal process the applicant could take, how you are going to challenge such determination, because mandamus will make the case denied.

Again wait is your only remedy, and I hate to say that.

Best Luck.

Wow that's good
one more question please
they did hold asylum applications since 2004 not only AOS applications and i was granted asylum in NOV 07 so i think they already checked my asylum application and approved it
My wife was with me in the US when i filed my asylum she was with me in the interview and took her status immediately is this also an I-730

Thank you very much

Sorry, I misunderstood it is not I-730, I did not know that she was in the original application.
Yes, Some applicants go back to 2002, when they applied for AOS, still pending due to material support bar.

Hopefully the obama administration will issue some kind of legislation fix, or general waiver, that may take a while, but all those pending cases will one day be approved. Hard, but be patient, you will see your day soon.
The way the Bush administration defined <<bar provision for material support>> is ridiculous, vague, ambigious, that they hold which ever application they want.

I also got the same e-mail as Koteya today. I'm in shock!
How do I find which tier they put me in?
What do I do next? My case has been pending for 11 years. I came here in 07/1998. I was granted asylum in 01/1999. I applied for green card in 2000, after 1 year.

I had my biometrics taken 7 times. Submitted medical in 2005. And I was told that my case was on hold, that it was with an officer and then back on hold, and now this. I do not know what to make of this.

I'm of Ethiopian origin. I've never been a terrorist, I've never joined any terrorist org., or associated with any terrorist.
I can't understand how this is can be a reason for my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the same e-mail as Koteya today. I'm in shock!
How do I find which tier they put me in?
What do I do next? My case has been pending for 11 years. I came here in 07/1998. I was granted asylum in 01/1999. I applied for green card in 2000, after 1 year.

I had my biometrics taken 7 times. Submitted medical in 2005. And I was told that my case was on hold, that it was with an officer and then back on hold, and now this. I do not know what to make of this.

I'm of Ethiopian origin. I've never been a terrorist, I've never joined any terrorist org., or associated with any terrorist.
I can't understand how this is can be a reason for my case.

Not trying to be funny but if I were you, I'd write to Obama every single day. Your case sounds ridiculous! 11 years?!?! wow!

By the way, have you left the country since your asylum was approved?

Not trying to be funny but if I were you, I'd write to Obama every single day. Your case sounds ridiculous! 11 years?!?! wow!

By the way, have you left the country since your asylum was approved?
Yes, I've been to Canada in 2005 for about a week for a friend's wedding. Do you think that's the reason?

Koteya & Miaj,

1. Is either one of you member of a political organization of any kind? Even a legal, peaceful and democratic one? (no need to say which one)
2. Did you happen to mention that in your I-485 application?

One has to wonder on what basis this inadmissiblility bar is set...

Koteya & Miaj,

1. Is either one of you member of a political organization of any kind? Even a legal, peaceful and democratic one? (no need to say which one)
2. Did you happen to mention that in your I-485 application?

One has to wonder on what basis this inadmissiblility bar is set...
No Sir. None whatsoever.

Thanks, but did you mention it in your I-485 application? Cause there are probably a few hundred people from either one of these countries that applied right around the time you did and got their GC.
I guess I am just trying to understand how they single people out if they made no mention of belonging to any particular group.

Thanks, but did you mention it in your I-485 application? Cause there are probably a few hundred people from either one of these countries that applied right around the time you did and got their GC.
I guess I am just trying to understand how they single people out if they made no mention of belonging to any particular group.
Yes Sir, there are many people that I know who had a similar case as mine and got their green cards, and now have applied to become citizen.

In my I-485 application there is no mention of me belonging to any terrorist group or any political organization; because I never did belong to any. I was a regular law abiding citizen living my life back home. And I'm still a regular law abiding person living my life in the US and awaiting for my green card.

Anything new on this topic? Please share what you know and what steps you've taken.
Thank you.

The application is not even going to be rejected OR DENIED, he or she is not alone on this... There a dozens of thousands application still pending. It is going to be pending until DHS issues a waiver, most people affceted belong to Tier-III group. Don't panic, you will be just fine.

Human rights advocates, scholars, and many nongovernmental organizations – liberal and conservative – have spoken out forcefully against this law and have been working diligently to change it.

Good faith, pray and patience, DHS will issue a general waiver especially the Tier-III group (pro-democracy group).
Hi Themen,
Which are the Human rights advocates, scholars, and many nongovernmental organizations that are working on this?
Thank you

Hello,
I received the e mail today and I don't know what to do.
I was granted asylum 2 years ago and I filed a relative petition for my husband to come live with us(we have 2 kids born in the US) .And they replied today: inadmissible.We are home owners I have a business here and our kids are US citizens.I cannot believe he will not live with us or that it will take for ever.

Hi Koteya,
I'm not sure on which thread but you posted a pdf document about asylees not needing to renew their work permit. I was wondering if you could post that document on this thread. I'm having problem with my employer.

I received the same letter, my AOS based on I730. What we can do? Waiting for how long more, it is not fair they flog people like this, and they can do nothing, it is really painful. I never ever support any of this organization.
Please any advice what to do??

Surely someone has already received something from USCIS ( either denial or explanation ) but people seem to be reluctant to come out and share their experiences.

My father wrote to the director 2-3 days ago and we're eagerly waiting on what the director has to say about his case.

I sent a two pages letter to the the supervisor in TSC, I also submitted document shows that I need GC to get the job that I was applying to. their response was just simply that, You need to call the customer sevc: 1800.......

i found out the more I call them or send somethings to USCIC or TSC, their responses is increase my anger, frustration and the blood pressure....