March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Congrats BornintheRSA! Yay, finally!! And good luck!

My interview went pretty well. The interviewer was a very nice cute sweet lady. She asked basic questions about how we met, how our relation evolved in the last 4 years (yeah it's been that long), and what our plans are.

It was much easier than we expected. Good luck to everyone who will have their interviews.

The next day, I saw online that my card production was ordered. :)

Green Card Approval

02/25/09 AOS Applications Sent
03/03/09 AOS Applications Received
03/12/09 Received NOA's
03/28/09 Biometrics Appointment Done
04/15/09 RFE Notice Received
04/17/09 Additional Evidence Sent (W-2's)
06/19/09 Interview Notice Received (Interview Date 07/22/09)
06/24/09 EAD Card Production Ordered
06/30/09 EAD Card Received
07/22/09 Interview Day (Green Card Approved) :)
07/25/09 Welcome Letter Received

AOS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

Me and my Wife had an appointment at Louisville Ky for the scheduled interview at 10:30am.

My Wife was called in First and grilled for about 15 mins mainly about how we met...what my status was when we met...why we didn't get married in a church.We had got married by a Judge with only six witnesses.

I was called in Swore in and the Grilling resumed.Questions were:

-What is your Name?
-What are your Parents First Names?
-Where were you born?
-Where did you meet?
-When did you propose?
-Yes and No 1-485 Questions

I was arrested so I had to explain it.It was a DUI case which was dismissed.
I allowed a driver to drive my car when they were drunk so I was responsible and I got arrested for it.

After 10 more Mins....I got approved.

Just waiting for my Green Card.

No Updates Online So Far but I have already received a Welcome Letter :)

Green Card Received 10 days after interview

Good luck to those of you waiting for interviews.
Thanks for sharing all your experiences.

God Bless.

March Filers Update

Okay, i thought i would do an analysis of our current status.

There are 35 cases altogther listed on this thread.

I have determined 8 cases as inactive as we have not had any update added since end of June. (this excludes those who posted interview dates before the end of June.) These cases are BLUE on the spreadsheet.

Of the remaining 26 cases we now have 16 approved cases:(these are maked GREEN on the spreadsheet. :D

Approved after Interview = 15 (Mr_E, Feb2009AOSfilers, justiceapple, sunland21, smiriyal, drkunaltank, Jamidon, chleo_7, Anji11, snowdrift, forex_dealer (dad), ogetbilo, amneni, NIW06, ymathew.)

Approved without Interview = 1 (tinkerbelluk)

There is 1 case where the interview ended with an RFE. :eek:
YELLOW on the spreadsheet.

Interview RFE = 1 (Denucci)

There is also 7 cases still active, but have interview dates: :) YELLOW on the spreadsheet.

Upcoming Interview = 7 (yankyank, mama2, BornintheRSA, pdak, forex_dealer (mom), oneluckyboy, Sherry09)

We also have 3 active cases awaiting Interview Date: :( RED on the Spreadsheet.

Still awaiting IL = 3 (neamorfnost, Affirmed, ash11)

Everyone who has active cases has reported an approved EAD:D

Spreadsheet can be viewed by clicking here

Last edited by a moderator:
My update: Interview date is 8/11. DO is Newark, NJ
Any tips from folks who have interviewed in Newark would be helpful. Are they stamping passports in Newark office?
Sherry09..I believe your interview was yesterday. Can you share your interview?

G C approved on (07/28/2009)
---------------------------
DO: newark
March 17, 2009 - Sent (I-130, I-485 and I765)
March 19, 2009 - Received by Lockbox
March 23, 2009 - Checks cashed
March 24, 2009 - Notices received
March 26, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 16, 2009 - Biometrics done
May 08,2009- EAD ordered
May 13,2009- EAD ordered
May 18,2009- EAD recieved
May 26,2009- interview letter received 28/07/2009 interview day
July 28,2009- GC approved (welcome letter by mail)
July 28,2009- i-130 status approved (checked online)

AOS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE (g.c. approved)

Me and my Wife had an appointment at newark,nj for the scheduled interview at 10:00am. At 10:30 am the officer call my name and said "can i talk to ur wife first if u don't mind" and they went inside the door .i was tensed what he's gonna ask?
to my wife for about 15 mins, questions may not be in order:
-how and where u meet first time
-when did he proposed u
-he looked up our emails and whole album and ask who is this guy? couple of them, my wife does't know them so, he passed to some basic ques.
At around 10:50 am he called me and Questions were:

-What is your Name?
-What is ur first name of ur mother and father?
-what is ur current add. and ur phone no.
-when and Where were you born?
-Where did you meet?
-When did you last time u entered in united states?
-when and where last time u meet with ur mother-in-law?
-what are u doing for living?
-how many kids u have and
-Yes and No 1-485 Questions and he looked my passport,all my stamp and all my visa bcs i travelled a lot. he took all the joint documents like bank statment,lease,old e-mails and tax paper of last year.

after 15 more minutes he told me......i got approved:)

So the whole interview was 35 minutes and they did't called us together.they take my i-94 and told me that..you will get your gc in 10 days,no stamp on my passport and no welcome letter but i checked online they send me a welcome letter and my i-130 status approved.

This forum really good and helped me a lot i don't believe it, i did it without a lawyer.
thanks for everyone and best of luck to those who waiting for interviews.

to ash 11
they are not stamping passports and they did't gave me any welcome letter only verbally they told me u got approved..

I got another "Card Production Ordered" notice. First one was on 24th, this one is 29th.

Is this normal? How many cards do they order per head?

to ash 11
they are not stamping passports and they did't gave me any welcome letter only verbally they told me u got approved..

Thanks for sharing. any tips on where to park or how soon to get to the building before the interview? My interview is in the morning.
did the letter say it was a stokes interview? I'm a tad bit surprised that the IO interviewed you guys separately.

I got another "Card Production Ordered" notice. First one was on 24th, this one is 29th.

Is this normal? How many cards do they order per head?

this is normal, i got two also, you nect LUD will prob read approval letter sent - after this you should get your card pretty quick.

Do you need to change your address with immigration, after you get the conditional green card?

congrats, neamorfnost. Have added it to the spreadsheet.

Everyone except those who are classed as unactive cases (blue on spreadsheet) on this thread have recieved IL's!