Dream act

I personally think its a good idea if they pass the dream act. I'm attending college right now gees!!! too expensive especially me, not able to apply for fafsa and all..talk about textbooks!!!...anyways i wouldn't mind joining the military for couple years than going back to college....just to get my permanent resident.

I personally think it is great idea if you go back soon to your country and apply thru legal means like others did.

I personally think its a good idea if they pass the dream act. I'm attending college right now gees!!! too expensive especially me, not able to apply for fafsa and all..talk about textbooks!!!...anyways i wouldn't mind joining the military for couple years than going back to college....just to get my permanent resident.

DREAM ACT NOW not NEXT WEEK, MONTH, or YEAR!!!!

I HOPE Congress and the President take on the issue of immigration and pass the long awaited Dream Act!!! Although I'm a legal resident and have been so since 1999 I know I came here in hopes of getting a GOOD education and living a good life, so do millions of legal or illegal immigrants. We can't just tell them to go back to their country, who gives us a right to do that? After all if you are not a Native American then you are an immigrant. Therefore, you should support the DREAM ACT!!! I would hate to see people who work hard like I do being sent back for no reason other then they crossed the boarder at a young age. Keep in mind most of these immigrants had no say in whether they wanted to come here or not because the parents made the decision, so why should they suffer. Also, keep in mind without the DREAM ACT these very smart and talented individuals can turn to other means of getting ahead in life, so why not help them become positive contributors to society, one that boasts of being the melting pot!!!:) This is just my two cent!!!
I WISH ALL THE IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY LEGAL OR ILLEGAL THE BEST OF LUCK!!!:):):):):):):):)

Then why dont we just open the borders and welcome everyone?? Why is it some of us have to stand in lines and pay fees and others just walk over the border and given everything, huh?

Hey... Legals first.............

Legals first............... Then if possible only others..............

Hopefully this gets passed... contact your elected representatives in washington letting them know that you support the dream act

Hopefully this gets passed... contact your elected representatives in washington letting them know that you support the dream act

Hopefully not. People with no immigration status has only 1 right - to leave the country. The law is the law! If you are here illegally please leave!

What about those who had no choice in coming here... their parents brought them here when they were very young.... they've grown up in our culture, learned our language, gone to our schools... and now that it's time for them to go to college we should just send them to their country of origin, which is a place just as foreign to them as it is to me or you? That's simply unethical. These immigrants are here... and they're not going away... should we keep them estranged from society by denying them access to our schools, and encouraging them to resort to deviant behavior, or should we accept them as members of our society (which they are, like it or not) and allow them into our schools???

What about those who had no choice in coming here... their parents brought them here when they were very young.... they've grown up in our culture, learned our language, gone to our schools... and now that it's time for them to go to college we should just send them to their country of origin, which is a place just as foreign to them as it is to me or you? That's simply unethical. These immigrants are here... and they're not going away... should we keep them estranged from society by denying them access to our schools, and encouraging them to resort to deviant behavior, or should we accept them as members of our society (which they are, like it or not) and allow them into our schools???

You can twist and bend the facts the way you like but the fact is that they have NO legal status and the law is the law. The ones you should blame are the parents! They knew exactly what they were doing to their children!!!

there is no twisting or bending of facts, miss poppins....... first you accuse me of twisting facts, then you concede that the parents are to blame for the situation that these children find themselves in...... whoever is to blame, one thing cannot be denied, namely that these children who were socialized into our culture are indeed Americans. They are fully immersed in this culture, they speak this language, they want to go to school and create a more fruitful existence for themselves... letting them into our colleges will only help to improve our society. They are here... and they aren't going anywhere.... the logistical difficulties with deporting 15 million people are far too great for that to be considered a viable option. Everybody knows that. The politicians know that, Republicans and Democrats alike.

The question that you need to ask yourself is: Given the fact that these immigrants are here to stay, do we want them to become productive members of society by allowing them access to our colleges, or do we want them to degradate society by keeping them uneducated, and encouraging them to resort to deviant behavior?

Stop flinging generalities miss poppins and consider this question for yourself. You don't need to post your reflections here, but just ask yourself that question... because these immigrants are here, and they are here to stay, like it or not.

the logistical difficulties with deporting 15 million people are far too great for that to be considered a viable option

How is that more difficult than granting legal status to 15 mil. illegal including the proper background checks for terrorist ties etc. Knowing USCIS's progress that will create a HUGE backlog for LEGAL immigrants who are waiting in line (mostly family members and skilled workers).

They are here... and they aren't going anywhere

That's great. They sneaked into the country (or brought by somebody) and now they (and you) are making demands to change the laws to fit their (and your) needs. That is more than aggrevating to most US citizens.

No to amnesty to law-breakers, never ever!

Last edited by a moderator:
How is that more difficult than granting legal status to 15 mil. illegals

You're lying to the person whom it's easiest for one to lie to; yourself. I don't think this simpleton question is even deserving of a response. If you don't see how it's more difficult, you are beyond help.

No to amnesty to law-breakers, never ever!

One question which always needs to be asked when we are dealing with “criminals”– when we are dealing with laws that have been broken–is whether or not those laws are just. If everybody always followed unjust laws merely because they were laws, women wouldn’t have the right to vote, and peoples of African descent wouldn’t even be considered people at all.

The current system in the United States allows a large number of immigrants to enter this country each year. Indeed, we rely upon their labor for the functioning of our economy. Our system allows a large number to enter, but only grants human rights to a very small number. The rest are labeled as "illegals," although it is our system which allows them to come, and relies upon their labor. This is what is known as institutionalized racism. Does that sound just to you?

Last edited by a moderator: