• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

July Bulletin, Africa dissappointed!!!!!!!!

khalidSD

Registered Users (C)
Africa 47,000 and everyone else is current!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Africa become current??? Unfortunately it seems not!

do not loose hope just yet.my case number is higher that yours but i still believe it's possible.. of course it will not be the end of life if doesn't happen but pray with me lets keep our fingers crossed.

do not loose hope just yet.my case number is higher that yours but i still believe it's possible.. of course it will not be the end of life if doesn't happen but pray with me lets keep our fingers crossed.

I'm not a miracle man , but if this thing goes through I might reconsider :p:p

I faced alot of misfortune in the beginning as my 1st NL got held somehow in the mail but I took it as a blessing in disguise because if i had a smaller CN things might have gotten a bit complicated :confused::confused::confused:

I'm not a miracle man , but if this thing goes through I might reconsider :p:p

I faced alot of misfortune in the beginning as my 1st NL got held somehow in the mail but I took it as a blessing in disguise because if i had a smaller CN things might have gotten a bit complicated :confused::confused::confused:

which part of Africa r u from ?

The AF numbers jumped from 38,000 to 47,000 there is no reason to think they won’t jump 10,000 / 15,000 again, even to current.
Believe me I know what its like to have a high case number. I have been on this forum for the last year watching all the EU people with low case numbers going through their interviews and wondering if I would ever get a chance, but I did get a chance. I know that being current in September is not ideal, but there is still a chance, so don’t give up.
I will be waiting on the next bulletin in the hope you will all get an interview.

Thanx for the support

I'm from Sudan , so I was hoping to get current soon as I'm expecting a prolonged security clearance, therefore my chance will become smaller to get a visa before 30 sept.

I guess the drama wont end any time soon

Dear alemitmee,

Congratulations for your number become current, finally . . . I'm new for this forum and I learned a lot form the on-going discussions. Specially I got a lot info from the logical explanation you give on different issues. Thank you.

I have one question:

I noticed from your post below that you knew your number will be current on 11APR 08 and your interview was confirmed for June 17 on 18APR. This happened before you receive your second letter in May. How come you knew of this info before you got the second letter? The visa bulletin info is released only two months before.

Ethiopia
CN is 2009AF00023***
NL dated - 16 April 08
NL received at postal office - 05 May 08
Replied on - 16 May 08
DHL notified delivery of mail to KCC on 22 May 08

Thanx for the support

I'm from Sudan , so I was hoping to get current soon as I'm expecting a prolonged security clearance, therefore my chance will become smaller to get a visa before 30 sept.

Hi Khalid, leave this stress & relax little, yes it's high case number, but remember that you said you are from Sudan, more than 25% of the winners of our people, I don’t know whether they are not receiving their NL or are not interested to complete to process to end even after the second NL, in all cases because of funny reasons. Yes dear your chances still are more high, when Africa become current, the only fun in this is the very close time from program end period, anyhow be ready and prepared, and let all of us hear your good news, before September 30, it's not miracle, but always god there.

Re: Tek5

Once the number becomes current on the visa bulletin, you can give KCC a call and ask for the interview date. I assume that is what happened to alemitmee. From what I have read on this forum, you do not need the 2nd letter as most of the information is similar to those on the 1st, but you do need the interview date to show up for your interview.

Dear alemitmee,

Congratulations for your number become current, finally . . . I'm new for this forum and I learned a lot form the on-going discussions. Specially I got a lot info from the logical explanation you give on different issues. Thank you.

I have one question:

I noticed from your post below that you knew your number will be current on 11APR 08 and your interview was confirmed for June 17 on 18APR. This happened before you receive your second letter in May. How come you knew of this info before you got the second letter? The visa bulletin info is released only two months before.

Hey there, thanks for the congrats, I still don’t have the visa just yet, I cant see why I wont get it but its not a done deal till its in my passport, that’s the way I look at it and that wont be till next week.
Anyway I have been posting on this forum for what seems like an eternity now, so over the course of the DV process I have picked up loads of information on the DV process.
Firstly the year of DV 2009 runs from 01/10/08 to 30/09/09.

The visa bulletins are released every month, around the 10th, you will find them here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Now the bulletin that was just published was the July bulletin, which is a bit weird as its really only June now. But they release the July bulletin in June, and it has provisional cut off numbers for August. So as I recently posted

Bulletin release date / bulletin month / advance notice cut off

June July Aug
July Aug Sep
Aug Sep Oct

So you can see that you will always have about two months notice that your number will be current. As as FMFIA rightly pointed out I did call KCC about 7 days after the April bulletin on about the 18th of April and they confirmed my interview date for June the 17th.

There is no new information in the second letter. If I had not got the second letter it would not have made a whole lot of difference, but its just I was waiting for it for so long that I really wanted it!

If you have any questions then just let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a lot off chance for all african

a second bulletin (upgrade) for july can be made by KCC for additional africa cut-off, inchallah

KCC will annouce CURRENT because between 47000 and 68000 there is a lot of empty cases and lot of cases for egypt , ethiopeia and nigeria

chance will smile for all african, trust on so GLORIOUS GOD

DIEU merci, PREMIER DERNIER et SEUL DECIDEUR

GOD thank you, FIRST LAST and ALONE DECISION-MAKER

there is a lot off chance for all african

a second bulletin (upgrade) for july can be made by KCC for additional africa cut-off, inchallah

KCC will annouce CURRENT because between 47000 and 68000 there is a lot of empty cases and lot of cases for egypt , ethiopeia and nigeria

chance will smile for all african, trust on so GLORIOUS GOD

DIEU merci, PREMIER DERNIER et SEUL DECIDEUR

GOD thank you, FIRST LAST and ALONE DECISION-MAKER

Yes guys, don't loose hope. I think between 47000 and 69000 (the maximum i've seen on this forum), there are a lot of empty spaces, and Africa will be current. Let's be optimistic and keep praying.

Yes, we just have to be prayerful.. Is only by God that things can work well not by our powers. With God everything is possible.. I am also resting my hopes in God and I know he will make a way when the seems to be no way for AFRICA ........Remember.. Knock and the door will be open... so Prayer is the MASTER KEY...Let's keep our faith and believe God is going to do it for us African
My case No. 4800xx

Khalid, Dont be disappointed. U will be fine.

I have AF44XXX, and I was shocked :eek: when I saw the new bulletin. I was expecting my CN to become current in September, but I was happy to see it become current in August.

I called KCC, and once I verified myself to the customer service, her first comment was that I will recieve my 2nd NL in the next 7 days....YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

I sent my 1st NL response in April 25th this year, so I think things have become very efficient, and so DONT WORRY, DONT BE DISAPPOINTED, U will be fine.

Dear alemitmee and FMFIA,

Thank you for your quick response,

Alemitmee, Don't worry . . . It'll be okay . . . :).

As I told you earlier I'm new here and I have some issues that I need to be clear with and I'm sure you and other friends out there will help me clarify on the issues.

As you can see below, I'm from Ethiopia and my CN seems high. I looked back on the Visa Bulletin information on the previous years to check on the current numbers and most of the time my CN was current in July and August. For this year it's not yet current. Hopefully it'll be current for September.

Because of this I want to make ready all the required documents ahead of time to avoid the possibility of the process fall beyond September 30. Per the instruction given I have all the required documents except the medical certificate and affidavit of support.

1/ For the medical certificate, do I have to wait until I receive the second letter? Or can I do it earlier?

2/ For the affidavit of support, I filled out the name address of a US citizen where I'm going to stay in the US in the first form that I sent to KCC. Is that enough? Or is there another document / form that should be filled out by my sponsor? If yes, when will I fill out that? Is that form included as part of the second letter?

3/ When a CN becomes current (For example the cut off number for Ethiopia for Aug is 22800). Does that mean there is a visa available for all CN below 22800? Or there may still be a possibility that some of them might not get a visa.

Thank you for your support.

Re: Tek5

1. For medical certificate, I have noticed that people from this webboard do the it only a month or two before the interview. I do not think you can do it far in advance because your medical condition can change considerably between the day you do the exam and your interview.

2. Affidavit support is required to be filled by your friend (US citizen or GC holder) and then he/she sends it back to you to use as part of the document packet on your interview date. I recall the form is valid for six months after the signature date.

3. You are correct. Theoretically, there are visa available for all numbers that become current, but who knows if all the current numbers get interview.

1. For medical certificate, I have noticed that people from this webboard do the it only a month or two before the interview. I do not think you can do it far in advance because your medical condition can change considerably between the day you do the exam and your interview.

2. Affidavit support is required to be filled by your friend (US citizen or GC holder) and then he/she sends it back to you to use as part of the document packet on your interview date. I recall the form is valid for six months after the signature date.

3. You are correct. Theoretically, there are visa available for all numbers that become current, but who knows if all the current numbers get interview.

Don’t have too much to add to that. As soon as you know your number is current you can schedule your medical, you will have a good two months notice that your interview is coming. I found about my interview on the 18th of April, that gave me 13 weeks to get my stuff organised. I had already gotten everything that I could get that would not expire long before this, but police cert. and medical have to be recent.
I suppose I could have done the medical before I became current but as it cost $500 (USD) here in Ireland I did not want to have it done un less I was definitely getting an interview as that’s a lot of money to be wasting.

As far as the affidavit of support goes I don’t really know much about it as I am not bothering with one. I more or less have enough money saved. Given the fact that I am a native speaker of English and a graduate I am hoping it wont be too hard for me to get a job in the US (Economic conditions allowing of course). I also have the possibility of getting a transfer to the Boston office of my company. So even If they say I don’t have enough, I am sure they will grant the visa pending a job offer letter which I can get once I have the visa, it’s a bit of a catch 22.
I have outlined my savings to the embassy and they seemed to think it was more then adequate.

Even if the number is 22800 it does not mean that every one below that has gotten a visa. Not every one who wins ends up being entitled to one in the end. So there are some people who never get the GC in the end. Anyone who has a CN below this and does qualify for the visa should be issued with one at their interview.

Don’t have too much to add to that. As soon as you know your number is current you can schedule your medical, you will have a good two months notice that your interview is coming. I found about my interview on the 18th of April, that gave me 13 weeks to get my stuff organised. I had already gotten everything that I could get that would not expire long before this, but police cert. and medical have to be recent.
I suppose I could have done the medical before I became current but as it cost $500 (USD) here in Ireland I did not want to have it done un less I was definitely getting an interview as that’s a lot of money to be wasting.

As far as the affidavit of support goes I don’t really know much about it as I am not bothering with one. I more or less have enough money saved. Given the fact that I am a native speaker of English and a graduate I am hoping it wont be too hard for me to get a job in the US (Economic conditions allowing of course). I also have the possibility of getting a transfer to the Boston office of my company. So even If they say I don’t have enough, I am sure they will grant the visa pending a job offer letter which I can get once I have the visa, it’s a bit of a catch 22.
I have outlined my savings to the embassy and they seemed to think it was more then adequate.

Even if the number is 22800 it does not mean that every one below that has gotten a visa. Not every one who wins ends up being entitled to one in the end. So there are some people who never get the GC in the end. Anyone who has a CN below this and does qualify for the visa should be issued with one at their interview.

Alemitmee, FMFIA;

Thank you both for your feedback. I really appreciate that.

Actually if I get a chance to be interviewed, it's going to be with my wife. We both are graduates and have been working for an international company for quite a while. We have also some saving. As I understand from your feedback, this will add to the affidavit of support. Is that right?

Alemitmee, you said that you checked with the embassy if your saving is enough. Did you do that with your local US consular office? Did you check about it by phone? Can I get an indicative figure as to how much is believed to be enough? Also do you have any idea where to get the current affidavit of support form? I got one from a link provided on one of the forums on this site. How do I check if it is the right one?

With regards to the third question, yes you're right there may me unsuccessful interviews. But given that all interviews went well, and given that all winners with CN below the cut off number get a chance to be interviewed, there will be enough visas for all. Right?

Thank you

I do have a strong feeling there might be a recall on July bulletin and then Africa will be current.. like there was a recall for July bulleting last year.. Let us keep praying.. with God everything is possible....

Alemitmee, FMFIA;

Thank you both for your feedback. I really appreciate that.

Actually if I get a chance to be interviewed, it's going to be with my wife. We both are graduates and have been working for an international company for quite a while. We have also some saving. As I understand from your feedback, this will add to the affidavit of support. Is that right?

Alemitmee, you said that you checked with the embassy if your saving is enough. Did you do that with your local US consular office? Did you check about it by phone? Can I get an indicative figure as to how much is believed to be enough? Also do you have any idea where to get the current affidavit of support form? I got one from a link provided on one of the forums on this site. How do I check if it is the right one?

With regards to the third question, yes you're right there may me unsuccessful interviews. But given that all interviews went well, and given that all winners with CN below the cut off number get a chance to be interviewed, there will be enough visas for all. Right?

Thank you

No problem! I like you was once totally new to this whole process. I can’t believe its all going to be over for me in Four days!

Firstly you need to show “evidence of support” at your interview. This can be typically in all or one of:

Affidavit of support
Job offer
Savings

An “Affidavit of support” is an actual form that you can get a US resident to fill in. This Affidavit is some times required by particular consulates.
Its basically a form stating a US residents income and that they agree to support you until such time as you have found a job and housing. Its to prove you wont become a “public charge” i.e you wont cost the US tax payer any money. If you have sufficient savings then you may not need this. Although that is country and consulate dependent and may not always be the case. Have a look over this forum and see if people that interview at your chosen consulate have had to produce one even though they may have had funds.

Basically at my interview when I am asked to show my “evidence of support” I am going to show them my savings account statement along with my recent pay slips to show that I will earn a good bit more before I decide to relocate in Sep/Oct.
For me that will be enough, or at least that what the told me over the phone. Obviously if you have all three of the above it will clearly help to strengthen your case, but this may not be necessary.
As I said from some posts that I have read here, sometimes a particular consulate may want you to have an Affidavit of support if they feel you come from a very different cultural background even if the applicant meets the savings criteria according to the poverty guidelines (http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08poverty.shtml) this is in case the applicant has difficulty integrating into US society. Not sure where the link to the Affidavit of support is, you will have to trawl the forum for the link.

So you can see from the above link that you and your wife need about $14,000 in savings.

The US consulate here in Dublin where I live called me one day! I was actually shocked, I did not know what to say!

They were just checking I had gotten my second NL and that I had all my DOC’s blah blah blah. I have never read of a consulate doing that before anywhere so I was taken back by it I must admit. The woman I spoke to was Irish, and while she was a bit all over the place she was nice enough to me, I was naturally very nervous and was not expecting the call. Anyway I am a few thousand $ short of the 10,400 target so I asked would 8,000 be enough, and she said yes that should be fine.

If your number becomes current and you are eligible then you will get the GC. At least that is the story that I have read over and over and over here from all sorts of users.

They don’t “not” want to give you the visa but the consulate has a civic duty to the United States to operate the diversity lottery interviews in the confides of US law, so they can seem daunting to people during interviews, I guess they are just doing their jobs.

Have to say I am getting very nervous myself about going in for my interview on Tuesday. I am sure I will be just fine but I am still nervous.