Need Biometrics after the I-485 approval

jify30

Registered Users (C)
I just now called TSC and the lady told me that I have to get the Biometrics done (photograph for the GC) before the card can be issued. She scheduled a biometrics appointment for me and my wife, whose case is still pending.

When you say you called TSC you mean you called the typical 800 number?! Because i did the same, and the person on the phone told me he couldnt do anything and if an updated biometrics is required, i should wait till i get a notice from TSC. Basically he just could see basic stuff from my I-485 file, i.e., its pending because of name check!!!!! Is it possible to contact TSC directly?

Please advise!

When you say you called TSC you mean you called the typical 800 number?! Because i did the same, and the person on the phone told me he couldnt do anything and if an updated biometrics is required, i should wait till i get a notice from TSC. Basically he just could see basic stuff from my I-485 file, i.e., its pending because of name check!!!!! Is it possible to contact TSC directly?

Please advise!

I called 1-800-375-5283
then pressed 1 for english
pressed 2
pressed 2 again
pressed 6
pressed 1 to give my application #
pressed 3
pressed 4 to get connected to TSC

I called 2 times today in the afternoon and got connected within 1 minute both the times to TSC.

It happens. They no longer use the photos you sent in with your I-485 application. Even if you have already done a code-3, they sometimes ask for another one just for the digital photo - they may have lost it.

EAC Repalced by ESC: No idea?

After approval/passport stamp (self & family):
Received 4 FP-Notices (for children only - code 2), FP-done on 3/22/2008.
Here is the story: All FP-Notices issued from Newark, NJ from the same officer approved and stamped I-551. But all I-485s "EAC" receipt numbers are same but first 3 character changed to "ESC". Other information such as A#s, DOBs are correct.
For example: the "EAC-05-111-22222" appears as "ESC-05-111-22222"
ASC staff just answered "it is changed" or "it is for different code" etc. but not a satisfactory answer!!
Does anybody has seen this kind of thing before?
Is this a normal thing, internal process, or does it matter?
FP contents will be transmitted & uploaded in the USCIS system using A# or ESC number which does not exist?

I'll post the outcome of this as well. The officer told me tat these FP are for card production order and they want to uppdate file.

After approval/passport stamp (self & family):
Received 4 FP-Notices (for children only - code 2), FP-done on 3/22/2008.
Here is the story: All FP-Notices issued from Newark, NJ from the same officer approved and stamped I-551. But all I-485s "EAC" receipt numbers are same but first 3 character changed to "ESC". Other information such as A#s, DOBs are correct.
For example: the "EAC-05-111-22222" appears as "ESC-05-111-22222"
ASC staff just answered "it is changed" or "it is for different code" etc. but not a satisfactory answer!!
Does anybody has seen this kind of thing before?
Is this a normal thing, internal process, or does it matter?
FP contents will be transmitted & uploaded in the USCIS system using A# or ESC number which does not exist?

I'll post the outcome of this as well. The officer told me tat these FP are for card production order and they want to uppdate file.
Biometrics transmitted/uploaded by A# Number:
Today I see LUD on all applications.

Check it out!!!

1) I-551 stamped on 3/17/2008 (assuming I-485s are approved), but there is NO approval/card prduction emails!!!. stamp is valid upto 3/16/2009. The cases were processed in local office, at Newark, NJ
2) EAD approved Next day on 3/18/2008: Card Received (EAD on 3/29/2008). EAD is valid upto 3/17/2009. EAD-Card approved/issued from NBC.
USCIS knows better.