I-140 Employer Change

kavitha6

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I am currently working with Employer A and got a job offer from Employer B which a university. Employer A filled for my GC the end of last year. My LC was approved and I am in the process of I-140 with the current employer.

My question is if I change from A to B will I lose my LC and I-140 process ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kavitha

Hi All,
I am currently working with Employer A and got a job offer from Employer B which a university. Employer A filled for my GC the end of last year. My LC was approved and I am in the process of I-140 with the current employer.

My question is if I change from A to B will I lose my LC and I-140 process ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Kavitha

Yes.

If your I-140 is approved, and your employer agrees to continue your GC processing, then you would be OK. But, if your I-140 is just pending, then no you can't do anything with it.

Hi! I have my approved I140 in 2006, my case is in NVC and waiting for updated DS230. But unfortunately my employer back out so we have to look for new employer and re-file a new visa petition using old priority date. How long will this process? will I be starting at step 1? or have chance arriving in USA this yr, since the Visa Bulletin is March 2006? please advise. Thanks!

If your employer do not plan to employ you then this GC trail is closed. You can find another employment in the US and start another GC trail ... probably port the priority date with your previous employer's co-operation.