Lets start with Feb Filers

js360, wow, you really are close! I remember going to Bellisfair to do some shopping back in the day. ;)

At least your close enough for the Canadians to come down, especially the sister. :)

csantos, I know it's frustrating. You'll get your IL soon. I can feel it! The LUD on your I130 is hopeful.

//fingers crossed//

1mo+ and Waiting

Looks like everyone else at least has some sort of reply to their application. Am I the only one with no word? Thought my case was straight forward (married 7 years, 2 kids, well above poverty line) and paperwork in good order. Guess that doesn't make any diff to our firends at USCIS. Fingers Crossed.

THANS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS...

as the song goes... "I keep on waiting... (waiting)... wainting for the "status" to change..."

Call or make an Infopass

Hi jasa,
I know it can be frustrating, specially when you see your timeline is different compare to others. I would suggest to call the customer service or make an infopass with your DO, you might get some information.

Good luck

Looks like everyone else at least has some sort of reply to their application. Am I the only one with no word? Thought my case was straight forward (married 7 years, 2 kids, well above poverty line) and paperwork in good order. Guess that doesn't make any diff to our firends at USCIS. Fingers Crossed.

Welcome, Jasa!

I would definitely call the 1800 number. You should've heard something by now. You want to give them about 30 days for everything. Since you mailed it 30 days ago, call. If you wait too long to call, you might learn that they lost it since signing for it and have wasted a lot of time waiting. :p

Give us an update!

jasa

It took them 30 days to cash my checks, i mailed it around teh same time as you. Looks like the FBASI address sucks, teh PO Box address seems to work faster, not sure why. Anyways I would call them and find out on teh status.

Called the 800 number and talked to a nice lady that understood the frustration but basically said that they could not help me before May 19th, after that date, if I still haven't got a reciept notice, they would be glad to see what's wrong.

I'm assuming USCIS assigns DO based on the address I used on my applications which is Houston. Thanks

Igot RFE today for form I-864 and it was dated 3/20/2008.
Turns out we left one entire page of the form completely EMPTY! :)
but in all fairness, it's Section 7, and it says this "YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS PART

so, now we'll have to send in the 2007 Tax returns and all this info TONIGHT I guess.

jasa, wow, that sucks. They make you wait 3 months from the mailing date. :p

Someone had commented on here FBASI is slower than lockbox.... I sent mine to FBASI...?

Feb, d'oh! Get that response out quick!

canuck... silly question here... but ummm... you got the gc 3/24.... if I were you.... I'd be on the other side of the world by the time calendar turns to 3/25... What the hell are you still doing here?!?!?! :)

Canuck...another silly question.......does Canuck mean Canadian? I have seen it mentioned a couple of times on this and other forums "Canuck tv" and someone else with Canuck in their name.........?:)

i hope if i get an RFE i get it soon, but so far, no RFE....honestly though, there is nothing else i could give them besides 2007 tax return. i have a question though, i used a different address on my 2007 tax return than the actuall address i live at. i use my parents address cause its a more permanent address than the one i live at. do you guys see that as being a problem with USCIS.

ya, I'm printing out bank statements and E-trade statements as if its going out of fashion ...
Canuck, did you both send in bank statements etc ? Or just fill the affidavit of support ?
Seems like I'm busy doing Overkill here. but hey, I don't want them to delay my app for silliness like this.

I wonder why they want me to send it to
U.S.DHS, PO Box xxxx, Lee's Summit, MO ? Isn't that MIssouri ?!
Wow, we send our apps to Chicago, then our RFE's to Missouri ... we get our communitcations from

Last edited by a moderator:
cestlavie104, LOL.

I'm dying to work!! So I had to go to Social Security office today and try (again) to get a SSN. Looks like it might happen (the SS's computer shows my status as "pending" even though I have a GC and "welcome" letter, etc).

BMORE HOPEFUL, Canuck is an affectionate term for a Canadian. It also happens to be the name of my hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks, so it kinda had a double meaning. :)

js360, I don't foresee it being a problem.