Visa Number Availability

tinyhippo

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

According to September Bulletin cut off date for EB2 ROW is Jan 2007. Does it mean that there is a possibilty for anyone who has a PD in 2006 to be approved in the month of September? Or will it be over-ruled by there-is-no-visa-number-available-until-October thing?

Latest VB over-rules previous ones

Since the latest VB states that some visa numbers are available, and the cut-off for EB2/ROW is Jan 2007, any EB2/ROW with a PD prior to that date has a possibility of getting a visa number assigned as long as the case is approvable - FPs completed, NC cleared, all other things are done.

The USCIS has jumped its own rules in June/July by pre-assigning visa numbers, and those are the few lucky ones who got approvals as a result of such but one should not count on this as a rule.

only on june-july? So lets say I had fp and nc cleared, and my pd is not current in september. Does that mean if I dont get an approval by friday I wont get it in September?

Can't say

only on june-july? So lets say I had fp and nc cleared, and my pd is not current in september. Does that mean if I dont get an approval by friday I wont get it in September?

I don't think I can definitely say whether you will be or not. If you were assigned a visa number already, and FP/NC is cleared, then irrespective of your PD being current or not, it will get approved, if indeed approvable. As we move into September, the chances of such a thing happening will get slim.
Hope you get your approval soon. Good Luck!

How do you know that your name check is complete ? Is there anyway I can find out about name check of my case ?

call, or infopass

How do you know that your name check is complete ? Is there anyway I can find out about name check of my case ?

Either by calling USCIS and speaking with an IO, or by taking an Infopass and asking.
Either ways, you have to be lucky to find a good IO who will tell you details.
I have tried calling but cannot get past the front-line CSRs, and once when I was able to speak with a TSC IO, she was very blunt and read to me the same message that I see online.

I don't think I can definitely say whether you will be or not. If you were assigned a visa number already, and FP/NC is cleared, then irrespective of your PD being current or not, it will get approved, if indeed approvable. As we move into September, the chances of such a thing happening will get slim.
Hope you get your approval soon. Good Luck!

This sucks, I am sorry. Why the f.... the did those 2 LUD's on my case, and they said oh your NC is cleared BUT THERE IS NO VISA FOR YOU... and with my pd who the hell knows when.... Geez I feel some days like I am never gonna get this GC... :mad:

some progress is better than none.

This sucks, I am sorry. Why the f.... the did those 2 LUD's on my case, and they said oh your NC is cleared BUT THERE IS NO VISA FOR YOU... and with my pd who the hell knows when.... Geez I feel some days like I am never gonna get this GC... :mad:

Dude, I know it is frustrating. Same feelings here, but you know it is better that at least you know your NC is cleared. There are a lot of people (including me) that have no idea on where they stand with the NC process.
Such people are worried as they have not seen any LUDs on their cases since they filed; me included.
So, you are in a better position knowing that the only thing holding you back is the availability of a visa number.
Come on man.... it is the long weekend.... about 8 more hours of work before a full 3-day holiday. Enjoy!

LOL you are right!!! I am enjoying my last long weekend this summer, because I can tell you this much, those burocrats at USCIS (and I can bet my head on this) are not there today. They are long gone, and some of them wont be back till next wednesday.

So, I wont sweat this. Whatever, I will just wait...

And about NC cleared, I hope it is true, it might as well be cause my last name is very unique. Very few people has it, even in my country. MY spouse, he has a very common last name, I guess that will delay his.