USCIS General Update!

Jedi.Knight

Registered Users (C)
:) USCIS ISSUES SERVICE CENTER AND LOCKBOX RECEIPTING UPDATE
WASHINGTON -

USCIS announced today that it has experienced a tremendous increase in the number of applications filed, which has resulted in a front log of cases awaiting data-entry. USCIS is making every effort to address the delay.

USCIS will prioritize data entry for specific form-types. Delay in data entry and fee receipting will not affect Change of Status or Extension of Stay eligibility, assuming all other eligibility requirements are satisfied. USCIS would also like to assure its customers that requests for Premium Processing Service will continue to be processed within 15 days, consistent with existing policies and procedures.

The actual received date will be honored and recorded on the receipt notice. This date will appear in the “Received Date” box on Form I-797, Notice of Action. The received date on Form I-797 is different from the “Notice Date,” which also appears on the Notice and identifies the date the receipt notice was actually generated.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) will provide weekly updates to give our customers accurate information about current receipt times and service level commitments. As of the date of this notice, USCIS has completed data entry and has issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the following dates:

California Service Center

Form Number Date Received
N-400 7/18/2007
All Other 8/2/2007

Nebraska Service Center
I-131 7/1/2007
I-140 7/1/2007
I-485 Employment Based 7/1/2007
I-765 7/2/2007
N-400 7/24/2007
All Other 8/5/2007

Texas Service Center
I-131 6/28/2007
I-140 7/31/2007
I-485 Employment Based 6/28/2007
I-765 6/28/2007
N-400 7/11/2007
All Other 7/30/2007

Vermont Service Center
I-129 7/26/2007
I-130 7/22/2007
I-539 7/26/2007
N-400 7/11/2007
All Other 7/26/2007

USCIS Lockbox
I-485 Family Based 7/26/2007

USCIS would also like to remind the public to wait at least 14 days from the dates indicated above for their receipt notice to arrive in the mail before inquiring.
– USCIS –

Hi Jedi,
Welcome back.
Havent seen ur posts for a few days (maybe u posted, but I missed them).

Attached pdf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean that we should anticipate longer processing times for the N-400? Or will USCIS deploy more staff to process applications within 6 months?

More time, I would imagine. These dates don't reflect my own experience. I have been waiting for my receipt notice since June 23.

Brian

Does this mean that we should anticipate longer processing times for the N-400? Or will USCIS deploy more staff to process applications within 6 months?

Well imagine if this is the state of USCSIS with a few thousand more applications, what would have happened if 12 million illegals had been allowed to "regularize" by congress! What about FBI name checks, where the backlog is growing faster than any one is realizing without the 12 million illegals coming in to the system.

Thats the spin these pro-illegal immigration politicians talk about. They say these illegals have to be treated fairly and they will be in back of the line and broken immigration system has to be fixed. But they fail to realise that USCIS is broken now and will be totally broke to handle that kind of volume. First let them realise how legal immigrants are treated. I live apart from my wife for almost 2 years because of the broken USCIS.

Record 485 applicants too

Due to recent PD fiasco of July Visa bulletin there is now a record ... probably 300-500K applicants for 485 which too should be factored in the frontlog because after all it is the same organization doing both Citizenship and Green Cards. The mail room frontlog is so bad that most 485 applicants are saying that they are not expecting even receipt notices in 6 months. I hope N-400 applicants do not face the same situation .... but it is going to be bad...

I think 485 is applied only at Texas and Nebraska service centers only.

You are right. I-485 can only be applied at one of these two service centers. So I'm guessing N-400 applicants in CSC & VSC regions should not be impacted.

How bad it's going to be for N-400 applicants depends on how many people became permanent residents back in 2002. Anyone knows where that data can be found?

Does anyone really believe it is just 12 million?
If you divide that by just 25 of the 50 states, it's 480,000 per state. Do you really believe there are that few in your state? I think the number must be closer to 24 million. What is your real guess?

I don't think many of them would have paid for the citizenship application, it seems most aren't interested in citizenship.

Well imagine if this is the state of USCSIS with a few thousand more applications, what would have happened if 12 million illegals had been allowed to "regularize" by congress! What about FBI name checks, where the backlog is growing faster than any one is realizing without the 12 million illegals coming in to the system.