October Visa Bulletin - Educated predictions

Agreed!
I have a PD 4/03. Can't submit AOS application until 06/2007.
Some with PD 2004 get approval weeks ago. Fair?????

Browse the threads in the forums and will find ppl with PD = 2005 (Perm cases) under EB2 who already have GCs in their hands. I am Pd = 2004 and stuck in the labor certification process and then in retrogression. Got chance to apply AOS only in 06/07.

Yea... not fair enough, but that's how Govt policies affect lives of humans. Some people call it "factor of luck", as there exists no correct explanation for the effects. Lets keep up the hope.

Browse the threads in the forums and will find ppl with PD = 2005 (Perm cases) under EB2 who already have GCs in their hands. I am Pd = 2004 and stuck in the labor certification process and then in retrogression. Got chance to apply AOS only in 06/07.

Yea... not fair enough, but that's how Govt policies affect lives of humans. Some people call it "factor of luck", as there exists no correct explanation for the effects. Lets keep up the hope.

My co-brother started green card processing in 2000 and got green card about 4 years back. It's all luck.

That prediction doesn't make any sense. With labor substitution banned, and over 100K approved since January, how can the dates go so far back? The flood of people applying in June and July are those whose PD wasn't old enough for them to apply early this year, so they can't be the cause of making the VB look like it was in January 2007.

i agree with you

Immigration Voice (http://www.immigrationvoice.org) is a non profit grassroots advocacy group working to alleviate the issues of Highly Skilled Foreign Workers who are stuck in the Employment Based Green Card Process stuck in Bureaucratic Logjams.

Immigration Voice is conducting a peaceful rally in Washington DC on September 13th, 2007 (Thursday).

You can/must participate in the rally if

(1) You are in various stages of the Green Card Process

(2) Belong to a retrogressed group

(3) Highly Skilled worker (Physicans, Engineers on h1b visa, J1 Waiver, L1 etc..) and planning to apply/already applied for a Green Card

(4) If you already have a Green Card or a Citizen, you can provide support and encouragement

Please make it a point to attend the rally. Please invite your friends, relatives, co workers, colleagues etc....to the Rally. Please spread this message through mailing lists, media contacts, Orkut and other social networking media. If you are students, please send this email to various student organizations. If you work for companies, please send this message to managers, co workers, employers etc...

If you are not already a member at Immigration Voice. Please become a member today. It is easy and free.

Please follow this link for more details on the Rally http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11428

A lot of people may be wondering why should we even bother about this.

Some FAQs

(1) What's all this? Immigration Voice, rally etc... Why should I care a damn?

a. There is a political angle to issues that we are all facing. The system was designed long back and has not been very flexible. No one has made attempts to fix the mess and vote bank politics are creating further mess.

(2) Why no one talks about these things?

a. The nature of this issue is very complex in nature. Unless one falls into this pit, the nature of this issue cannot be understood

b. A lot of people do not want to handle the truth and reality

c. Perception - without looking at the real picture, lot of people assume things are fine

(3) Why should I take these issues seriously, my lawyer will take care of these?

a. Immigration lawyers assist and handle thee paperwork, this mess is beyond their control or scope or even the scope of USCIS and related government agencies

b. Immigration lawyers are your service providers and you are their client, they will talk only business to you, there is no need for them to explain to you the mess you are in

(4) After the July visa bulletin fiasco, I did submit my 485 petition, and I will get an EAD/AP so why must I bother?

a. EAD/AP were designed to be interim benefits (only for few months until someone can get a Green Card), their usage has limitations and will lead to further issues

b. Severe retrogression will hit in coming fiscal years. India, China, Mexico, Phillipines, Eb3, and eb2, and RWO eb3 will all be affected, pleasse refer to the following link http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Jan Pederson 8-2-07.pdf

c. Anti immigration lobby is targeting H1b tech workers, at the same time a lot of lobbying organizations are working hard to make the system unworkable for eg.. Durbin Grassley amendments may appear anytime

d. Until you get a Green Card in Hand, EAD is not the best viable alternative for work and AP is definitely not the best travel document.

(5) Why Immigration Voice? What is the agenda?

a. Immigration Voice is the only grass root organization working hard on these issues

b. Immigration Voice's earlier campaigns were a huge success and did send signals to government agencies and law makers

So why not start working on helping yourself and helping your fellow immigrants?

Please spread the message, and take active interest in the events.

spammer

Immigration Voice (http://www.immigrationvoice.org) is a non profit grassroots advocacy group working to alleviate the issues of Highly Skilled Foreign Workers who are stuck in the Employment Based Green Card Process stuck in Bureaucratic Logjams.

Immigration Voice is conducting a peaceful rally in Washington DC on September 13th, 2007 (Thursday).

You can/must participate in the rally if

(1) You are in various stages of the Green Card Process

(2) Belong to a retrogressed group

(3) Highly Skilled worker (Physicans, Engineers on h1b visa, J1 Waiver, L1 etc..) and planning to apply/already applied for a Green Card

(4) If you already have a Green Card or a Citizen, you can provide support and encouragement

Please make it a point to attend the rally. Please invite your friends, relatives, co workers, colleagues etc....to the Rally. Please spread this message through mailing lists, media contacts, Orkut and other social networking media. If you are students, please send this email to various student organizations. If you work for companies, please send this message to managers, co workers, employers etc...

If you are not already a member at Immigration Voice. Please become a member today. It is easy and free.

Please follow this link for more details on the Rally http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11428

A lot of people may be wondering why should we even bother about this.

Some FAQs

(1) What's all this? Immigration Voice, rally etc... Why should I care a damn?

a. There is a political angle to issues that we are all facing. The system was designed long back and has not been very flexible. No one has made attempts to fix the mess and vote bank politics are creating further mess.

(2) Why no one talks about these things?

a. The nature of this issue is very complex in nature. Unless one falls into this pit, the nature of this issue cannot be understood

b. A lot of people do not want to handle the truth and reality

c. Perception - without looking at the real picture, lot of people assume things are fine

(3) Why should I take these issues seriously, my lawyer will take care of these?

a. Immigration lawyers assist and handle thee paperwork, this mess is beyond their control or scope or even the scope of USCIS and related government agencies

b. Immigration lawyers are your service providers and you are their client, they will talk only business to you, there is no need for them to explain to you the mess you are in

(4) After the July visa bulletin fiasco, I did submit my 485 petition, and I will get an EAD/AP so why must I bother?

a. EAD/AP were designed to be interim benefits (only for few months until someone can get a Green Card), their usage has limitations and will lead to further issues

b. Severe retrogression will hit in coming fiscal years. India, China, Mexico, Phillipines, Eb3, and eb2, and RWO eb3 will all be affected, pleasse refer to the following link http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Jan Pederson 8-2-07.pdf

c. Anti immigration lobby is targeting H1b tech workers, at the same time a lot of lobbying organizations are working hard to make the system unworkable for eg.. Durbin Grassley amendments may appear anytime

d. Until you get a Green Card in Hand, EAD is not the best viable alternative for work and AP is definitely not the best travel document.

(5) Why Immigration Voice? What is the agenda?

a. Immigration Voice is the only grass root organization working hard on these issues

b. Immigration Voice's earlier campaigns were a huge success and did send signals to government agencies and law makers

So why not start working on helping yourself and helping your fellow immigrants?

Please spread the message, and take active interest in the events.

What about 'Spamming and hijacking'? What you are doing is very rude and does not speak nicely about you or your organization.

What about 'Spamming and hijacking'? What you are doing is very rude and does not speak nicely about you or your organization.
Could you please explain where he was rude? He is just requesting you to participate for a rally to change the law or at least get the media attention to avoid this wait. Somebody has to come for rescue to this bad & biased immigration scenario. You could just abstain (like me) if you don't want to participate with IV's rally (IV is still working for me without my contribution).

Could you please explain where he was rude?
The posting was rude because it was taking the thread off-topic to pursue a political agenda that is not relevant (well, maybe just remotely relevant since it falls under the topic of immigration) to the thread. A new thread should have been started.

Jack please understand that we both have almost the same PD's (mine will be prior to you). But you got your GC but I am not even able to apply for 485 until now.

Basic difference is you know when you will get since you come under ROW but I don't know when I will apply since mine is EB3 India which comes under stupid quota. As per October prediction which is even confirmed by Murthy.com EB3 goes back to early 2001 which is highly unacceptable unless there is a fight.

I feel chanduv23 might have thought that this is a right thread to get our attention.

The thread is about Oct bulletin prediction and the person is cross-posting a cookie-cutter.
Your current situation does not make chanduv23's trolling more acceptable.

I can take the shot

Yes, I did spam. I am a spammer. If it helps for the cause, yes. I am doing this everywhere.
The idea here is maximum publicity.

U can discuss so many things here. Bottomline is, unless we do something about our situation it may never improve.

So please think about it. Please participate and help in spreading the message, the more the numbers, the better it is

so does the year end here, like will the dates move more for the month of september( bulletin comes out in august), or does it move for the month of october?, thnks.

I would go if this march was for something else than

A - India

B - IT workers

I don't work in IT, and I am not from India, therefore my situation is really not understood or cared for by IV.

Can we start a forum for non-Indians?

i doubt : you might be member of Number1USA!!!

The thread is about Oct bulletin prediction and the person is cross-posting a cookie-cutter.
Your current situation does not make chanduv23's trolling more acceptable.

i doubt : you might be member of Number1USA!!!

People ( GC sufferers) are just spreading the news about GREAT rally which might change entire EB GC process.

So no one is spammer if message is posted for good to this LEGAL immigration community.

A - India

B - IT workers

I don't work in IT, and I am not from India, therefore my situation is really not understood or cared for by IV.

We are all immigrants, just happens that those taking up this cause, majority are Indians, but definitely we must unite as immigrants in general, I am from India and I have nothing against you or ur country in general, if you unite we can fight for a common cause

No where in IV is it mentioned that the cause is for Indians, it is for highly skilled.

A - India

B - IT workers

GC should be based on persons qualification and not on the country of birth. So by your statement you agree that US wanted more people from India especially for IT but unwilling to remove the stupid quota system.