October Visa Bulletin - Educated predictions

Is it Good News?

"PREDICTIONS FOR OCTOBER 2007 PRIORITY DATES
FOR EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS - GOOD NEWS!"

Where is the good news in this as per the headline.

Last edited by a moderator:
The prediction is just a piece of sh!t. It just telling you that the VB went back to Apr 07. So, after all those efforts, there is none improvments in all the catergories?

Ha. Great news! Everyone who was current in January of 2007 and did not get AOS approved might see approval in October. Whoohooo :)

That prediction doesn't make any sense. With labor substitution banned, and over 100K approved since January, how can the dates go so far back? The flood of people applying in June and July are those whose PD wasn't old enough for them to apply early this year, so they can't be the cause of making the VB look like it was in January 2007.

If the prediction comes true ... it is nothing more than USCIS laziness again. They want to take a break after the pressure they have come under recently, so they might move back the dates so they can go back to their lazy ways. Then they'll get in another frenzy next year summer to use up the quota.

???

That whole october prediction is very confusing. If USCIS allocated thousands of visas more than the numerical limit to India EB3, how come the numbers retrogressed further to 2001 according to the prediction? It was already 2003 in the June bulletin. What EB3 cases did they approve???

The only good news here is EB3 China. Good for them.

I am EB2 Philippines so will be Current again. But this just confirms my belief that they are allocating numbers randomly and disregarding per-category and per-country limits. That would explain why I was "Current" in June but suddenly become "Unavailable" in July.

Still, the VB in October should reflect the results of that massive backlog reduction efforts they did in June/July which means the cut off dates should move forward in ALL backlogged cases. If that doesn't happen, then where did all the visa numbers go?

good question

Don't think they could have used in June and July more visa numbers compared to the preceeding 8 months. If they did not, and returned the visa numbers, let's hope they won't go to waste this year too.

USCIS - ever heard of something called transparency?

...then where did all the visa numbers go?

They should not use 18000 visa and force other people back. While my visa number was current all the times and using all the visa at once making it F* Unavailable for all. Why one country get all these visa and other get 1 or 2. They should make sure that in a given year all the I-485 filed from other countries got their visa number. They should not use my 2007 visa number to approve anyone whose visa number was not current until July 1, 2007. This is just unfair immigration system.

What do you think? People other than India, China & Mexico enjoyed lot in last 3 years. One thing must be remembered ..all 18,000 folks from India had PD between 2001 to 2003. Other countries had PD in 2005 received EB3 visa in 2007, that leaves only 2 year waiting period for ROW. People from Inida has waited 5 to 7 years. Now compare how India and china disadvantaged.

The demand for EB3 visa by other contries will not diminish in any point of time in future, to move the cutoff date for India and China, if ROW continously takes the visa. It is a dynamic boundary. Therefore DOS did a good thing now to claer the old backlogged cases. The intent of the law to aviod monopoly by single country,,but not with the expense of pro-longed wait and injustice to oversubscribed countries.

In simple term, EB3-ROW need not be "current" to issue more than 3000 visas to oversubscribed countries if the difference in cutoff date is more than 1 year.

makes no sense, makes no sense
hopefully its a community-college educated prediction

my ivy-league prediction is that EB3 India/China/Phil will be at mid 2003, EB3 ROW will be 2004-2005 (that's already 2-3.5 yrs retrogressed...)

I know plenty of EB3 ROW people with PDs in 2004 and 2005 (including myself) who were not current and could not apply AOS prior to June/July 2007

I think its reasonable to conclude that Oct VB will be somewhere in 04/05 for ROW EB3, moving slowly. then again, think of all BEC cases that will come pouring out in October with PDs of 2002 and around!!
Retrogression will be here for a long long long loooongggg time for everybody, not just non-Row people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, Department of State always likes to play it safe....remember the dates used to jump 6 months of India EB2 from October to Jan....

That's what they are gonna do again...start off at the end point...and then based on USCIS requested visa number (demand)...they will push dates by 6 months or so...each month

Unfair - Hee Hee -
there are lot of degrees of unfairness...certainly in your case yep, may be slightly unfair....but folks from india/mexico/philipines just stand by and see the ROW getting approved in less than 6 months....that's a higher degree of unfairness!

I am ROW with PD December 2002. Approval in less than 6 months huh?
I don't even have an EAD yet:(

Other “Visa Gate” Factoids:

1. During fiscal year 2007 (October 1, 2006 through July 2007) USCIS processed over 18,000 EB3 cases for persons born in India and of that number, 8,000 were processed during June 2007 and 7,000 were processed during July 2007. This represents five years worth of allocated visa numbers. The annual limit for India is 2,800 per year in the EB3 category.
Comedy is they want to move dates for EB3 India after 5 years. Will they use the unused visas for the past 10 years now?

IMO nobody told them to issue those many visas for EB3. If they did then it is their problem since they messed up. Time to sue them again if it is true.

Also time for RALLY on September 13th.

Comedy is they want to move dates for EB3 India after 5 years. Will they use the unused visas for the past 10 years now?

IMO nobody told them to issue those many visas for EB3. If they did then it is their problem since they messed up. Time to sue them again if it is true.

Also time for RALLY on September 13th.

I don't think USCIS made a mistake. As per the AC21, USCIS can use unused visas in last quarter.

Yes I think they did a mistake

I don't think USCIS made a mistake. As per the AC21, USCIS can use unused visas in last quarter.

They should not use 18000 visa and force other people back. While my visa number was current all the times and using all the visa at once making it F* Unavailable for all. Why one country get all these visa and other get 1 or 2. They should make sure that in a given year all the I-485 filed from other countries got their visa number. They should not use my 2007 visa number to approve anyone whose visa number was not current until July 1, 2007. This is just unfair immigration system.

Unfair - Hee Hee -
there are lot of degrees of unfairness...certainly in your case yep, may be slightly unfair....but folks from india/mexico/philipines just stand by and see the ROW getting approved in less than 6 months....that's a higher degree of unfairness!

Visa Bulletin 2008

My PD 11/2003, didnot have EAD OR AP. USCIS and DOS should do the following:

india/mexico/philipines: all EB current for 2008
ROW : all EB unavailable for 2008

INSTEAD of playing game with US. so that they can approve all backlog cases.

HAPPY NOW :D

Unfair - Hee Hee -

Unfair it is. People who filed with me ,before me and after me on same category and the cases which are similar(everyhitng is same except the name) to mine are getting approved and I am just waiting and standing by and left behind for no fault of mine.
Earlier labor substitution was causing this and now USCIS's inefficiency is causing this. I cannot stay in my job if I function like USCIS just only once.
Unfair it is!