Service inquiry got response from uscis

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm from EB3 india priority date march 2003. I requested service inquiry on my case on may 20 th and here is the response back from uscis. What does it mean? It doesn't say anything except that they are processing it. Any feedback gurus? Does it mean that it may be stuck in name check or security clearance?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively
processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this
case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a
decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter,
please call customer service at the number provided below.
XM0210

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
What was the reason to initiate service inquire? Can you do the service inquiry even PD is not current?

Hi,

I'm from EB3 india priority date march 2003. I requested service inquiry on my case on may 20 th and here is the response back from uscis. What does it mean? It doesn't say anything except that they are processing it. Any feedback gurus?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The status of this service request is:

XM0210

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I requested service inquiry just after the june visa bulletin was released on may 20. I didn't know that i will not be current until June 1 st. But the customer service person didn't have any idea either. She told me that my case should have been approved by now and I should initiate service request.

Also in this message from uscis they don't say anything about visa not available. Is this a standard message from them to every service inquiries initially and after they work on the case?

Dont want to alarm you, but anybody who gets a 6 Month period as the next time to call,it usually means NameCheck/Security Check pending.

I learnt this for myself today.I would suggest you take an infopass and confirm it for your case.

Regards.

I looked in the forums and couple of people got this response and got approval after few days. How do you know for sure that it is name check problem. Do you come across any other people with similar message.

Gurus if you have information about this message then please give ur feedback.

My friend went thro the same process as u had , he too got replied from USCIS with the same information in nov 06 "wait for 6 months, additional review...blah, blah......etc" from USCIS.
His case is EB2 with Aug 2002 PD from India.His date is curent for the past 1yr , he recieved a second letter in april 2007 saying the same thing, confirming his case stucked up in name check/security check.

Dont want to alarm you, but anybody who gets a 6 Month period as the next time to call,it usually means NameCheck/Security Check pending.

NOT TRUE!!

I initiated a service request May 1st (the first day I became current). I got the exact same response as programmer76. My I-485 was approved the next day.

My guess is that he has in fact passed all the security checks and is just waiting for someone to complete the approval.

mdh

Yep, I agree that most likely his background checks are done.....
Because, the standard letter that everybody gets is "Security Checks / Background Checks pending"...
If they are done, then the get the letter saying "additional review needs to be done etc...wait 60 days or 6 months" etc....

But, you never know, as mdh3000 experienced, sometimes the reps are just lazy and they just send out a generic letter......

I would say first find out by calling TSC/NSC or by Infopass - if your namecheck is done!

Received response to SR today

Here is the response to service request raised on May 15, 2007.

"Service records indicate your application is pending. Currently, there are no visas available for your empolyment-based classification. You are invited to visit the Department of Sate website, www.travel.state.gov, where you may keep abreast of any developments regarding employment based Visa classifications.

Records indicate that your spouse is a derivative beneficiary consequently processing on your spouse's application(s) can not precede that of the primary beneficiary."

PD: 10/2002, EB3 -India
I485 - RD - 08/2004, No LUD since 09/2006 when RFE was received.
4th EAD - Cards received 06/01, 4th AP - LUD 05/30?
Infopass appointment - June 08

NOT TRUE!!

I initiated a service request May 1st (the first day I became current). I got the exact same response as programmer76. My I-485 was approved the next day.

My guess is that he has in fact passed all the security checks and is just waiting for someone to complete the approval.

mdh

mdh3000,

So far your case is the only exception(and reason for slim hope) , but increasingly its becoming clear that 180 Days letter would mean Namecheck pending.

Regards.

I looked in the forums and couple of people got this response and got approval after few days. How do you know for sure that it is name check problem. Do you come across any other people with similar message.

Gurus if you have information about this message then please give ur feedback.

I would strongly recommend you taking a infopass and finding whther your Name check is cleared or Pending. Please update us as soon as you find out.

Regards.

I-485 Status Enquiry - Priority date is current

Priority date : July 2002 - EB3 - INDIA
I-1485 filed : July 2003

I Called Customer service for status enquiry in Nov 2006. I got email response that "Your application is awaiting for officer review.Service waiting for Visa availability.

What does it means?

I believe Name check and other checks completed.So waiting for visa availability. Othewise they will mension that you name check is pending.

Again i Called Customer service for status enquiry on May 15th 2007. I got letter with following mesage.

Is it standarad message or some checks are pending?????

I am confused now. What could cause the delay.????

Any suggestions !

Hi Mdh,

How was the enquiry initiated by mail or by calling CSR number. If by mail. how long did it took to get the response from them

NOT TRUE!!

mdh

Hi Mdh,

How was the enquiry initiated by mail or by calling CSR number. If by mail. how long did it took to get the response from them

I called the CSR number on May 1st (first day I was current). I got a response (a letter) in a week, May 8th I believe. The letter was dated May 2nd.

My I-485 got approved May 3rd.

mdh

UPDATE after INFOPASS appointment

As all of you suggested i went for infopass. According to the immigration officer my name check is cleared and some one is working on my pending I485 case. So I guess MDH is right. If you get the general letter mentioning that you should wait for 6 month then it shouldn't always mean that your security check is pending.

Officer also told that they started working on my file on June 7 th. I did see LUD change for my wife's advance parole on June 7 th online last week so I First assumed that she is talking about advance parole LUD so I asked her specifically that are they working on both our I485 case and she said Yes. She also said that "if you were stuck in name check then your file will be laying at some other location but your file is with texas service center officer right now and they are working on it".

What do Gurus say?

My infopass experience is very lucky and i know what things are wrong on my I-485.
First on May 16th i saw a LUD message that "document returned un deliverable.. change address immediatly".. i think i updated my current address very long back still i updated.. on may 17th i saw a LUD message "Document mailed.. call USCIS if you don't receive with in 30 days"
so far i didn't received.. so i went to infopass.
1. I asked about my case
Ans: On May 17th, something mailed
2. I didn't received
Ans: hold on.. i will find out what it is.. guess what? its my Biometric notice
sent on April 19th.. officer even printed me the copy
3. I told her.. i am living at the address for the past 2 years.. i changed the
address.. why mail went back?
Ans: i don't know.. and verified the correct address and not sure whether the notice sent to old address... anyhow i am sending a email to Texas service center to re-issue the biometrics
Then she printed me the attorney copy (my biometric notice).. even that is not updated.. i used AC-21 and notified the USCIS and my new employer attorney filed G28 also (even i signed that)..
I called my present attorney and notified the issue.. they are working on to update again...
so people take infopass and find out more details

Thanks

hmmm.. I had same issue except i did not updated my Address again. but when i took Infopass and talked to the imm. officer, she told that they don't know what kind of document was sent that was undelivered... weird... so should I take the infopass again and find more details about it.

eb3,
i guess because of service center change.. some things are not working properly.. take my case.. even though i am living in the present address still i guess TSC sent biometrics to my old address.. this whole AR-11 is confusing.
As i updated my address again online (when i got mail undeliverable), LUD changed to "document sent"..
And 2 thing.. even though my new attorney filed G28 (change of attorney), even that didn't update.. the biometrics went to old lawyer (officer printed me both biometrics copies and she can see what document USCIS mailed)..
i might have in different situation if i would have receive those biometrics (sent on April 19th,scheduled for May 5th).. hmmm.. bad luck!
Take infopass and find out.. what document they mailed.. surely u cannot get from 800 customer service

Thanks

programmer76, Its good to read your experience.It adds to my hope.

I also had LUD's on mine and my wife's AP on 1st, 3rd and 5th of June .After that nothing.No LUD's on I-485's.
Its also interesting to read about the Officers claim that only those files where the beneficiary's Name checks are cleared are at the Texas servixce center and the rest are somewhere else :confused:

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the exact same response for the service enquiry I created on 1st of June -
"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. we are actively processing this case. However we have to perform additional review of this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not recieve a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter please call customer service at the number provided below."

I had also taken an infopass and found that my namecheck has been cleared long time back.

I guess then this is the standard reply they are sending to everyone who just became current.