Hello from China

Flashington

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I arrived to Shanghai after having to talk to several American Airlines supervisors at Chicago Ohare because they weren't sure if the Chinese IO will accept my RTD, finally they let me in the plane.

The chinese IO didn't ask a single word, just stamped my RTD.

I'll let you know my experience when I go back to US.

one country i will never visit is the communist China!

Then you should never use anything made in china

I think it is very SAD lots of people criticize China without actually understanding what current situation is in china and what has china been through in the past 50 years. You should go there, talk to the people, eat their food and understand why chinese choice communist party. There is reason and history for that.

I have lived in the USA for 9 years. i can tell you what I'd like about the USA and dislike about this country because i have 9 years personal experience.

Criticizing something ( Not just china) only because you read some article from Washington post or NY time is very irresponsible and ignorant

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it is very SAD lots of people criticize China without actually understanding what current situation is in china and what has china been through in the past 50 years. You should go there, talk to the people, eat their food and understand why chinese choice communist party. There is reason and history for that.

I have lived in the USA for 9 years. i can tell you what I'd like about the USA and dislike about this country because i have 9 years personal experience.

Criticizing something ( Not just china) only because you read some article from Washington post or NY time is very irresponsible.

PS: Some people even ask me where Beijing is or is Shanghai a poor city. COME ON guys, you cannt be blind

I support you!!! kaoticfury1998

I'm not Chinese, but I traveled to China last year and I got a big surprise!

Somebody don't like china, because 20 years ago this country was terrible,now it is completely difference!!
It's doesn't matter it's communisty or capital, the most import thing is we can get money and live easy!!!

BTW, action6, nobody care if you visit or not to China, but if you don't know, just shut up!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
one country i will never visit is the communist China!

I did visit the country (for business) a number of times. I understand why you would not want to go there. I found in mainland China a country enslaved by a Faustian bargain with the Communist Party. It is a place devoid of joy. Little wonder that illegal immigrants from China plauge basically all developed countries in the world (and some not so developed countries as well).

Taiwan and Hong Kong are much much better.

Forgive me!!!

I was away from this board while taking my law school final exams. Little did I realize that minions of Comrade Hu Jintao were on the verge taking over this place!!!

Someone fill me in. How did this drama come about? By the employment of self-criticism, mass campaigns, extrajudicial executions, show trials or what else (since the arsenal of the Communist Party is limitless!!!)???

In a few more days the Red Chinse flag will be splashed here?

Mega thanks!!!

:D :D :D

I did visit the country (for business) a number of times. I understand why you would not want to go there. I found in mainland China a country enslaved by a Faustian bargain with the Communist Party. It is a place devoid of joy. Little wonder that illegal immigrants from China plauge basically all developed countries in the world (and some not so developed countries as well).

Taiwan and Hong Kong are much much better.

Speaking of joy of life, communist party has nothing to do with chinese life. Seriously, if you live there, you probably dont feel you are live in a communist country. You would enjoy lots of activities, food ( not just KongPao Chicken), go shopping (Not just Sears, JcPenny...Aren't American ever getted bored shopping in the same store?? )

whats the difference between communism and capitallism? or whats the difference between China and the USA? Simply speaking, China has one party, USA has 2.

Which system is superior? Well..communism certainly is not good at expressing opinion because there is only one party. But democratic system has shown its inefficiency, look at Karina. But also notice Decocratic party and Republican are essentially the same Capitalistic party, although they may have different opinions.

Now,
Are people in China aware of a system called Democracy? YES,
Are people in China aware of how American democratic system work? For many young people, More or LESS.
Are people in China wanting to change? Yes, but its gonna be in a self-reformed way, may take a long time.

Lots of people are very "passionate" about changing China political system, but remember, it is the 3rd largest country ( if you add taiwan), 1.4 B people. Changing the government is not a easy job. You may argue that look at Iraq, they get rid of Saddam and became a country with more freedom! Yes, Thank you American, Saddam was dead all right, but more than 40K people has died (Maybe more than that), iraqic are still living in a place where they dont even have future, i dont think they are ready, so are Chinese. If Communism has gone really really bad....trust me...the whole world would have flooded by Chinese. (Illegal immigration issue is different topic)

So my point is...maybe you dont like china, you hate chinese government, you dislike chinese food, you lost your job because US outsource it to Chinese...whatsoever....the world can not live without China. The country is changing, economically and politically. But it will not become a country like USA or UK, simply because we are Chinese, we do it in Chinese way. ( Chow mein will still live:p )

Criticizing something ( Not just china) only because you read some article from Washington post or NY time is very irresponsible and ignorant

There are many stupid chinese who believe in brain wash such as "chinese chose communist party". But it is very strange to see one of those in this forum.

There are many stupid chinese who believe in brain wash such as "chinese chose communist party". But it is very strange to see one of those in this forum.

Like I said above Comrade Jintao has placed some vocal supporters here. :D

This is not without precedents. Hitler also had people in America who defended and sympathized with him every step of the way (the Bund for example) while unspeakable atrocities were committed in the name of the Third Reich. Likewise Comrade Jintao has apologists who support him while he engages in genocide against the people of Tibet and Xingjiang, tortures Falun believers, forces women to undergo late term abortions, maims Christians and rapes the Han people. History repeats itself.

Speaking of joy of life, communist party has nothing to do with chinese life. Seriously, if you live there, you probably dont feel you are live in a communist country. You would enjoy lots of activities, food ( not just KongPao Chicken), go shopping (Not just Sears, JcPenny...Aren't American ever getted bored shopping in the same store?? )

whats the difference between communism and capitallism? or whats the difference between China and the USA? Simply speaking, China has one party, USA has 2.

Which system is superior? Well..communism certainly is not good at expressing opinion because there is only one party. But democratic system has shown its inefficiency, look at Karina. But also notice Decocratic party and Republican are essentially the same Capitalistic party, although they may have different opinions.

Now,
Are people in China aware of how American democratic system work? For many young people, More or LESS.
Are people in China wanting to change? Yes, but its gonna be in a self-reformed way, may take a long time.

Lots of people are very "passionate" about changing China political system, but remember, it is the 3rd largest country ( if you add taiwan), 1.4 B people. Changing the government is not a easy job. You may argue that look at Iraq, they get rid of Saddam and became a country with more freedom! Yes, Thank you American, Saddam was dead all right, but more than 40K people has died (Maybe more than that), iraqic are still living in a place where they dont even have future, i dont think they are ready, so are Chinese. If Communism has gone really really bad....trust me...the whole world would have flooded by Chinese. (Illegal immigration issue is different topic)

So my point is...maybe you dont like china, you hate chinese government, you dislike chinese food, you lost your job because US outsource it to Chinese...whatsoever....the world can not live without China. The country is changing, economically and politically. But it will not become a country like USA or UK, simply because we are Chinese, we do it in Chinese way. ( Chow mein will still live:p )

Comrade Jintao is recruiting. Hurrry.

Now,

kaoticfury1998, 当个网络员有几钱?

Peace..... Please ! Lets stop praising China on this immigrationportal. Lets share our immigration issues/ solutions so that we could get help OR we could help someone.

comcast,
you are very strange, when we talk about the immigration topic, you are silence,but about china,you are always be there!!
I remember you are chinese,China now is very good, why you are herer????

Guys....whatever you say...My orginal point is: If you want to talk about something, you'd better have some experiences.

For me, i still love my motherland...i still think i am chinese because i am chinese looking, no one would say i am American because i am asian.

People like Comcast, they do nothing but attack personally...i dont even want to waste my time to argue with you:rolleyes:

Guys: it is interesting to see political debates on the forum once in a while; I have never traveled to China and have no opinion on it, but there was a nice story that always resonates with me; In 2001 I was taking an introduction to political science. The instructor introduced the course of an anecdote; here how it goes;

Four Chinese men arrived in the United States. They asked for asylum. At their interview for asylum, they were asked why they wanted to ask for asylum. They claimed that in China there is no freedom of speech, no freedom of religion, no political freedom, and that live there was in every sense void from freedom. Their petition was granted, and they were congratulated for their asylum victory. They were told to enjoy all the freedoms that the United States provides. They left the asylum office in joy;

However, after two months the Chinese men came back to the same asylum office, and they told the asylum office that they could no longer live in their new country. They asked the asylum office to assist them in the process of returning to their home country; the asylum office asked the Chinese men what kind of problems they have in the US that is forcing them to return. This time they argued that there is too much freedom in this country, and that the people need more discipline.

This maybe a classical story that you guys are all familiar, but the point here is that saying one system is better than the other is a simplistic judgment. The best system in the world is not communism or capitalism, but the one you understand and enjoy the most. In some cases, the best system might be a combination of the two as experienced those Chinese citizens who live in the US and who enjoy moving between the two systems. So don’t caught between different systems; just enjoy the one love……