On to the last stage - interview complete; waiting for oath

takadigi

Registered Users (C)
On to the last stage - interview complete; waiting for oath begins!

I had my naturalization interview at 9am today.

Reached the USCIS office on the Monterey Rd in San Jose about 20 minutes prior to the interview. After going through the security gates, I was asked to proceed upstairs to room # 219 and place my interview letter in the tray on window # 1. The waiting room was huge with 135 people seating space but we hardly had 3 to 4 people in the room at any given time. There is a little kids play area with some Lego blocks and stuff like that. However, I would highly encourage folks with little kids to arrange for baby sitter rather than taking them with you.

Anyways, I was called in for the interview about 10 minutes late at 9:10am. It was a huge welcome change to face an officer who extremely polite. There was absolutely no sign off rudeness that one typically hears over the phone. I was made to raise my hand and take the oath that I would only tell the truth during the course of the interview. After some small talks, the officer went over the entire N-400 application to ensure that everything was correct. Since filing my application, I had taken an international trip. So, I had updated the page # 4 of the application form and taken a copy of the page with me. When the officer reached that page, I told that I have one correction to make to the form, he simply took the newly printed page from me and replaced the old one with it.

After going through the entire form, the officer asked me to write a simple sentence ("I am a Director at <my company's name>) on a pre-printed form and then asked 10 questions from his computer screen and soon after congratulated me for passing the test and gave me a copy of the form, I believe 652. I was back in to my car at 9:34am.

I have also updated my info on the "San Jose thread".

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats.. finally you're done (almost) . now waiting for the oath letter.. mine still hasn't come.. i know i'm being impatient, but can't help it.. :D

Congratulations Takadigi.
I am glad your interview experience was good...worth after the long wait :)

Update on my case

Got the oath letter today (3/26/07). It is scheduled for April 18, 2007 in Campbell at 1:00pm. Also updated the San Jose thread to give visibility on the timeline to folks who are in their naturalization process.

Good luck to you all.

Congratulations :)

Thanks Huracan! It sure took a little longer than expected. But since it didn't interfere with any of my professional or personal plans, I wasn't too worried about the delay. I just took it easy and took the things as they came.

Congrats. You case was one of several I was tracking on this site when I started my application. Good to know you reached completion!

Congratulations takadigi!!! :D

I'm glad that you are finally on the road to completion.

Enjoy the oath ceremony and we found parking the car at the large garage off 1st street is better and easier....as it would be quite difficult to get out of the small one lane parking lot right next to Heritage Theatre.

Thanks Huracan! It sure took a little longer than expected. But since it didn't interfere with any of my professional or personal plans, I wasn't too worried about the delay. I just took it easy and took the things as they came.

I'm glad that after your long wait the oath letter has arrived so quickly. You're really, really close now to complete this journey.

I am also not in a big hurry and can wait patiently. My estimate is that I should probably get an interview around June/July. However, I would like San Jose to be as fast as other offices in the country that are finishing in 3-4 months. I could be already done if that was the case :) I am not in a hurry, but I don't want to see USCIS bogged down by a higher priority task down the line (let's say comprehensive immigration reform) and see how my naturalization takes forever :( So, not being in a hurry doesn't mean I would prefer to have this thing finished sooner than later for my peace of mind.

However, I would like San Jose to be as fast as other offices in the country that are finishing in 3-4 months. I could be already done if that was the case :) I am not in a hurry, but I don't want to see USCIS bogged down by a higher priority task down the line (let's say comprehensive immigration reform) and see how my naturalization takes forever :( So, not being in a hurry doesn't mean I would prefer to have this thing finished sooner than later for my peace of mind.

Given the flurry of interview scheduling going on at the San Jose DO, hopefully it will speed up the process a little bit. I wouldn't be surprised if you get an interview letter within the next few weeks.

Congratulations takadigi!!! :D

I'm glad that you are finally on the road to completion.

Enjoy the oath ceremony and we found parking the car at the large garage off 1st street is better and easier....as it would be quite difficult to get out of the small one lane parking lot right next to Heritage Theatre.

Thanks happigal. I really appreciate that parking tip.

Oath ceremony

Folks who took the oath, can you offer some detail about the process?
is there something we need to prepare other than answering
questions on N-445 and remembering the Pledge of Allegiance.
My oath date is 4/18 in SJ, same with takadigi and a few folks here.