Transfered To Ne,

I know of only one case where they claimed to have spoken to someone in NSC. It is probably THE hardest thing to do as they do not publish their phone number anywhere. THere is virtually no way of contacting ANY one at any of these centers. All we can do is call the customer service and we all know how effective that is.
Ela

I did not get a chance to read the background of your case. If you have been officially intimated that the case has been transferred thro a mail (and your on-line status shows that it is still in NSC) then call customer service again and tell them that there is a problem. If you are lucky they might transfer you to some other officer who might look into it.

I am guessing that you got a mail that the case is transferred while online status is showing it is not.

I called CSC again. This time, a really nice gentleman answered my call. He confirmed that my name check was cleared on Dec 27. However, he seemed confused about the transfers I had. He said my case appeared to be still at Nebraska center. It is really frustrating. I plan to call NSC tomorrow. Does anyone have experience calling NSC that be shared?

Good for you, nc3years. You'll expect your approval soon in the following months. Likely, your case may be in NSC based on the recent posting from some attorney ( I cannot remember which one.) that all 485 cases are in NSC or TSC.
Most of the old pals who are stuck in NC have been cleared recently and it seems that FBI speed up to process the NC.
The old pals on this forum stuck in NC are Dragonhead and me; and we are just a month apart at the end of 2004 for our 485. Hope we are out of the hell soon like you guys.

Congratulations on your NC clearance and please keep us updated on this forum for your case progress.

Thanks, ela6 and xyr888. I will try my luck tomorrow and keep you updated. I have received transfer mails and the online status changed accordingly. I am suspecting CSC might have transferred ANGAIN my case to NSC but didn't update my online information, nor did they bother to send me a notice.

For NC, now I believe 2nd FP probably means NC clearance, especially if you get it from CSC. By the way, I think letter to First Lady did the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ela6 and xyr888. I will try my luck tomorrow and keep you updated. I have received transfer mails and the online status changed accordingly. I am suspecting CSC might have transferred ANGAIN my case to NSC but didn't update my online information, nor did they bother to send me a notice.

For NC, now I believe 2nd FP probably means NC clearance, especially if you get it from CSC. By the way, I think letter to First Lady did the work.

you were confused for a while about the clearance of your namecheck. how finally u knew that your NC got cleared?

by the way, when exactly in dec 06 did u receive the FBI letter ? i'm trying to see how long it took fbi to clear your name after they sent you that ur name is pending.

you were confused for a while about the clearance of your namecheck. how finally u knew that your NC got cleared?
I called CSC twice and both said it was cleared on Dec.
by the way, when exactly in dec 06 did u receive the FBI letter ? i'm trying to see how long it took fbi to clear your name after they sent you that ur name is pending.
The letter said in process and was dated Dec 07.

I called CSC twice and both said it was cleared on Dec.

The letter said in process and was dated Dec 07.

by the way, when you sent your letter to first lady, did u attach anything to it like (FOIPA, I485, any other document)?

so your namecheck got cleared in like 3 weeks of receiving the letter.

antonnioa77,

yes, I attached foipa.

I hope csc reps are given the correct info. I had infopass in late Jan and the officer told me the NC is not cleared!

antonnioa77,

yes, I attached foipa.

I hope csc reps are given the correct info. I had infopass in late Jan and the officer told me the NC is not cleared!

then take another infopass and make sure. some officers are incompetant and may give you wrong answers. but if 2 persons at CS told you it was cleared, then i would believe them more than 1 person at infopass.

i see that you are from china, so is your name or last name very common? maybe this is why you are namecheck took long time because of many hits.

got an RFE on me & my wife's case today.

----
On May 1, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case.
---

I am a worried man now:confused: . I dont know why they have raised an RFE on both of our cases. Could it be for Medicals? Interestingly they have not issue an RFE for my son.

Did anyone of you receive any RFE's.
I have done my medicals in DEC 2004 would they be valid upto now or I would need new ones?

Yeah, I got RFE notice yesterday. Awaiting details.
My wife didn't have LUD or RFE...lucky me:cool:

got an RFE on me & my wife's case today.

----
On May 1, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case.
---

I am a worried man now:confused: . I dont know why they have raised an RFE on both of our cases. Could it be for Medicals? Interestingly they have not issue an RFE for my son.

Did anyone of you receive any RFE's.
I have done my medicals in DEC 2004 would they be valid upto now or I would new ones?

Can i go to INFOPASS to find details about the RFE? I am getting impatient here :(

no they will not tell you because they don;t see the details on their screen, they just see that an RFE has been issued no more. you will get it in a week time.

It is more likely that you got the following RFE,

1. The medical one is the most popular one in NSC nowadays. If you did not do the TB skin test, just X-ray; you are asked to do the TB skin test.
2. Since your 485 was in 2004 (job change or not), it is very possible to ask EV letter.
3. Since you are from India, many indian friends are required to provide more information on their birth certificates.

Can i go to INFOPASS to find details about the RFE? I am getting impatient here :(

It is more likely that you got the following RFE,

1. The medical one is the most popular one in NSC nowadays. If you did not do the TB skin test, just X-ray; you are asked to do the TB skin test.
2. Since your 485 was in 2004 (job change or not), it is very possible to ask EV letter.
3. Since you are from India, many indian friends are required to provide more information on their birth certificates.

1. I think, I have done my TB skin test but have not done chest X-Ray
2. I have recently ported my PD from old emp to the new Employer (filed a new I-140 ) so , I dont suspect it is linked to EVL
3. I did not have my name printed on my Birth Certificate, so I have attached one affidavit from My parents. ( same for my wife).

I wish its Birth certificate related, since My son has a name on his Birth Cert and he is not issued an RFE.

Do we need 2 affidavits or 1 if Name is missing?
AND
Will i get a copy of RFE or my royal attorney will only be the privileged one to be blessed with it :rolleyes: ?

The RFE always goes to attorney if you have one. You can ask a copy from your attorney. If you hav done TB skin test with negative, so you do not have to do the X-ray. You can get two affidavits, one from your parents and the other from your close relatives like uncle, etc.

LUD on May 1

Hello,

I too got an LUD on May 1, No message Change.

But has anyone has the following status ? The status changed to the below since Feb 2007 after it was transferred to NSC.

What does this mean, Name Check, FBI background check ????

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On February 26, 2007, our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

EB 3, PD 04-2002
CSC Case transferred to NSC

Thanks

It means NSC have received your transferred case and it is pending there. Lud on May 1st is probably a good sign. At least your case is not just sitting there collecting dust like mine.

I called NSC about my case and they said my case is in route to CSC. This is confirmed by CSC email reply to my enquiry. It has been more than 30 days since NSC transferred my files and they are still sitting in a black box between NSC and CSC.