I140 Issues - Being stuck for long time

stuckon140

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am starting this thread with an idea that there could be mutual help in getting some information on what is happening with VSC posted here. No updates are coming out of VSC.

140 stuck does any one have clue on what is going on in VSC

EB3 Substitution (MD - Nov 30 2005, RD - Dec 8 2005, RFE - Apr 23 2006, Our Response Date - May 2nd 2006)

Eversince there has been no response to the case. Case Tracking indicates that response is required for RFE but when Attorney contacted USCIS, they have informed that all response has been recieved and would let us know when there is an update. But the online case tracker shows different status as response required.

Does anyone know about what is happening in VSC or any clue if law for PPS for substitute labor is coming.

Any help would be appreciated.

No Status on I-140

We filed I-140 (With Substitute Labor) in Aug'2005, and there is an LUD in Aug’2005, from that time (almost 16months) there is no LUD or No RFE else, it is really frustrating me..

Some info

My attorney tried to contact the VSC and it seems they are indicating no further things required but nothing is moving. Wonder if some one has inside info on why this is taking such a long time or if PPS is acceptable for substitute labor

My Attorney is telling that VSC might request Labor proof from DOL, that might be causing delay…

thanks

Can we get an confirmation on that, I have a discussion with my attorney and my employer t'row, would like to touch base on this.

same here :mad:

I filed my 140 and 485 concurrently using substitute labor way back in march 2004, no response so far and everytime i tried to contact thru attroney or employer i get the same 60 days response notice and nothing happens after that.

BTW, my attorney says the same reason, VSC would have requested DOL for substitute labor hence the delay, not sure.
kkprasadh said:
I filed my 140 and 485 concurrently using substitute labor way back in march 2004, no response so far and everytime i tried to contact thru attroney or employer i get the same 60 days response notice and nothing happens after that.

I was stuck on I-140 for almost an year and I know few others. We also had substitution cases. For some people nothing changed and they got approval recentrly. For my case they (VSC) requested duplicate from DOL. No LUD change for 6 months adn then recently got approval.

You can contact your local congressmen for help.

kkprasadh said:
BTW, my attorney says the same reason, VSC would have requested DOL for substitute labor hence the delay, not sure.

Hi GCScare,
So yours got approved? Could you share information like when did that happen? Did you contact any congressmen for doing this etc...?

regards,
Sreejith

thanks GCscare
I contacted my congressman and every time i got the same reply that it is under processing
not sure what is going on

GCscare said:
I was stuck on I-140 for almost an year and I know few others. We also had substitution cases. For some people nothing changed and they got approval recentrly. For my case they (VSC) requested duplicate from DOL. No LUD change for 6 months adn then recently got approval.

You can contact your local congressmen for help.

Pending since Jun'05

My I-140 is pending since Jun'05. There are no LUDs on my I-140 since Jun'05. Last month i approached my Congressman's office and they sent a status check enquiry to USCIS. USCIS responded that it is waiting to get a copy of LC from DOL..:-(

honey

Are you saying that you filed I140 with the request of duplicate LC? Is your LC from PreBEC or BEC? Have you checked with DOL for your case?

thank you for your response
-K

My I-140 is pending since Jun'05. There are no LUDs on my I-140 since Jun'05. Last month i approached my Congressman's office and they sent a status check enquiry to USCIS. USCIS responded that it is waiting to get a copy of LC from DOL..:-(

Srsjith,

My I-140 got approved in DEC. I did contact my local congressmen but they could never get the right answer. Once they got the answer from Vermont that they are waiting for labor which was pending in Dallas BEC. I don't know how they got that info since I was using Labor substitute and Some one lost the original in USCIS. My congressmen office had almost given up since there 3 inquiries didn't result in definate answer. However one day suddenly I got approval email form NSC. I did recive RFE for EAD adn AP.

Finally yesterday I got my 485 approved yesterday. However my saga with RFE continues since my wife's 485 received an RFE and not approval. nS have to wait 2 weeks before I know what the RFE is about.

As I said before try every thing. you don't know which would trigger to move the case. My I-140 took 14 months to get approved.

Best luck to you guys.
Hi GCScare,
So yours got approved? Could you share information like when did that happen? Did you contact any congressmen for doing this etc...?

regards,
Sreejith

Kahada, i haven't yet contacted DOL. What is the process of contacting them. Is there a contact info for DOL where we can enquire about our case?

I would like to know the same..
My guess is my case is also same as yours.. they missed DOL and waiting for it..
I would like to know anyway to move forward..

Kahada, i haven't yet contacted DOL. What is the process of contacting them. Is there a contact info for DOL where we can enquire about our case?

Hi kkprasadh, immi05, stuckon140,

Any updates/responses on your I-140 case. No updates on mine :mad: . Will follow up with Congressman's office.