US citizen parents sponsoring over 21 son..

csiq - I just found out, 8 months is for FB1s who are outside the US. So my lawyer is right but only in my case.

ULTRON

ultron, 15 month til GC? I was looking at the family based I-485 time line on trackit.com, it seems it normally takes 8 month from the day of I-485 submission. Is your estimation based on something the lawyer told you or just a gut feeling?

All the best!

In my case it is 7-8 months from Nov 2008.....I'm not sure about your case...it could be sooner.

ULTRON

GC within few months... cool..that seems to be nice..
Right now im just waitin for interview to be scheduled.... .

dont know when???

hello ULTRON

i am so happy that your date became current. I am fb-1 and my date was current in october. i applied oct 1 and had my fprints in November. i am waiting now for my ead and ap (it's been about 65 days so i should be getting them soon). i thought it would be good for us to keep on posting our timelines so we can get a sense of what to expect.

i think that u r right. it will take about 7-8 mos for us to get gc. what is ur local district office? good luck and let's stay in touch via this forum!!

hello MERMAID,

i have seen your questions about choice of agent form. i think that since u r in the usa u will be adjusting status so u should not worry about the nvc forms unless u want to be processed thru ur home country which takes much longer...just wait for ur priority date to be current and then apply for 485. good luck to u mermaid. i understand 100% the wait u r going thru. i just went thru it myself!! :)

disclaimer: this is not legal advice. please consult ur attny.

mountaineer, Ultron meant for his case its 7-8 month til interview, 12-15 month til greencard. Ultron, so why inside US is much longer than people outside US, or it's just longer in your own case? What's the reason?

Hello guys...
A long anticipated wait would finally end for me on....
29 of Jan 09!!!
I got my immigrant visa interview finally scheduled!!! :)

mijac, congratulations. that is amazing. can you pls post your timeline (i.e. when u sent stuff to nvc). i can't believe u got the interview notice so fast.

ULTRON- my EAD and AP got approved on 12/5. Now I am waiting for the interview letter.

Mijac. We have the same interview date. Is yours in Miami, Fl?
I don't know if I should be concerned cause my I 94 expired since july 2005. I read about the 245i law here but don't know if I will be affected by it.

Hello people in FB-1 category! I got my interview notice today!

Here is my timeline:

10/01/08 485, 765 and 131 receipt date
10/06/08 NOA for all of the above
10/09/08 received NOA for all of the above
11/14/08 Biometrics for 485 and 765
12/05/08 EAD CPO e-mail; AP approved
12/08/08 Received interview letter
01/27/09 Interview date

Still waiting to get my physical EAD and AP, although this was just approved three days ago. I will let you all know how the interview goes. Congrats and good luck to everyone!!

Congrats to all of you who got your interviews!!! Activity really picked up in this thread. Let's hope this will continue into the new year. Good luck everyone!

^ Thanks mermaid :)

Mijac. We have the same interview date. Is yours in Miami, Fl?
I don't know if I should be concerned cause my I 94 expired since july 2005. I read about the 245i law here but don't know if I will be affected by it.
Naah...Im in India...

mijac, congratulations. that is amazing. can you pls post your timeline (i.e. when u sent stuff to nvc). i can't believe u got the interview notice so fast.

ULTRON- my EAD and AP got approved on 12/5. Now I am waiting for the interview letter.
Thanks

i'm not sure why...but that's just the way it is. notice, majic already got an interview date! my interview date comes after 7-8 freakin months!! arrgggghhhhhh

ULTRON

mountaineer, Ultron meant for his case its 7-8 month til interview, 12-15 month til greencard. Ultron, so why inside US is much longer than people outside US, or it's just longer in your own case? What's the reason?

thanks mountaineer! do you live in the US? because these timelines are VERY different for ppl living in the US and outside the US

Hello people in FB-1 category! I got my interview notice today!

Here is my timeline:

10/01/08 485, 765 and 131 receipt date
10/06/08 NOA for all of the above
10/09/08 received NOA for all of the above
11/14/08 Biometrics for 485 and 765
12/05/08 EAD CPO e-mail; AP approved
12/08/08 Received interview letter
01/27/09 Interview date

Still waiting to get my physical EAD and AP, although this was just approved three days ago. I will let you all know how the interview goes. Congrats and good luck to everyone!!

I have a silly question. What does interview imply? You guys have been talking about interview, but I actually don't know what that is. Does it mean I-485 gets approved after interview? Or GC after interview?

thanks mountaineer! do you live in the US? because these timelines are VERY different for ppl living in the US and outside the US

Hi ULTRON, Yes, I live in the US. I was also surprised that it went so fast. Keep us updated on your timeline as well.

still have 4 months worth of PDs to get to my 10/08/02 PD. at least they are now rocking at 3 weeks of apps per month rate.