OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Thanks, smart84.. I shall play the waiting game...

that's usual..... i have seen few applicants who had to wait for 10 to 15 days to see their status docs received at embassy. i would not recommend to send PP until it's received at embassy. mine was dispatched around same time and having same status as yours, but m not worried at this point.

Thanks, smart84.. I shall play the waiting game...

My wife and child have the same printed/dispatched date as you. I calculated 9-11 days as the usual wait period, but this is longer. I guess we have to figure in the New Year's holiday. Although, one wonders whether the documents actually lifted off from Delhi on Dec 29 or whether the delay is at the embassy, in telling the website operator that they received the stuff...

My wife and child have the same printed/dispatched date as you. I calculated 9-11 days as the usual wait period, but this is longer. I guess we have to figure in the New Year's holiday. Although, one wonders whether the documents actually lifted off from Delhi on Dec 29 or whether the delay is at the embassy, in telling the website operator that they received the stuff...

all valid guesses, Superho.. With so many holidays, its difficult to say what may be the cause of the delay.. It may be that our docs are received and someone just forgot to push a button.. that would be sad :-(

waer Mine was dispatched on 12/29 as well... waiting

But I am not sure if you noticed, the online status check asks (scrolling in red in the bottom) to contact the mission after 10 days of dispatch or online update as received "WHICHEVER IS EARLIER". If someone has travel or something, they could probably use this to send documents....may be....

I will wait for a few days to see if the DC folks wake up and update the website....

all valid guesses, Superho.. With so many holidays, its difficult to say what may be the cause of the delay.. It may be that our docs are received and someone just forgot to push a button.. that would be sad :-(

Unless you have a pressing need, hang around for a few more days. I think you should see progress by middle of next week.

Cheers,

Though I asked tis questuon but i am still not clear what to do.

I applied for SC/OCI as family me, wife, kid in one mailing
Adult kid seperate mailing.

Both application are around the same time and progress is same.
when the doc are received at DC, can I send all the US PP in one mailing or should I maintain the application status as two and send family and adult kids US PP for Ustamping in seperate mailing.

thanks in advance.

Misc service(updating OCI on new US PP), application acknowledged
Consulate/Embassy :- Washington DC
OCI Misc docs mailed: 11/15/2010
Docs recieved by embassy :11/16/2010
Registration Status: Granted
OCI Acknowledged: 11/30/2010
OCI Scanned: 12/13/2010
OCI Granted: 12/24/2010
OCI Printed: 12/24/2010
OCI Shipped: 12/27/2010
Docs rcvd at DC:- Not Yet
I guess the ppl at embassy are busy wrapping up things to be handed over to outsourcing firm

I thought along those lines, but I was thinking more negatively, in that now that they don't have to bother with most of the processing, they have stopped giving a fig and aren't going to bother updating... ah well. we can wait a few more days.

Isn't there some email address where an inquiry can be sent? Not that they would reply...

I thought along those lines, but I was thinking more negatively, in that now that they don't have to bother with most of the processing, they have stopped giving a fig and aren't going to bother updating... ah well. we can wait a few more days.

Isn't there some email address where an inquiry can be sent? Not that they would reply...

Sending email or contacting them thru phone will not help. When I personally visited Embassy about 10 days ago to get my SC, there was a lady talking to OCI wing person and yelling about her OCI issue and frustrated that no one is picking up phones or answering her email. OCI wing person replied that they don't have enough time and resources to provide customer support to remote applicants........ shame on embassy for being so blunt and irresponsible. You may still try to send an email and see if you're the lucky person :)

On another note......... embassy does not seem to open received packages on daily basis. In OCI wing (1st floor of embassy) I saw they had at least 15 to 20 USPS mail baskets filled up with all mails (UPS, FedEx, USPS Priority mails etc.) and some of them had marked dates earlier than my date of visit to the embassy.

I am pretty sure new applicants applying thru Travisa starting 1/11/2011 will not have to face so much of tracking inefficiency of Washington Embassy.

I sent them an email yesterday but they are ignoring it so far. My intent was to jolt someone to realize that the system needs updating. We will probably wait until Monday and then send in the passports anyway.

Perhaps everyone who is waiting for document receipt in DC should send them an email. The address is on the OCI link on the embassy site:

ociwashington@indiagov.org

Last edited by a moderator:
Though I asked tis questuon but i am still not clear what to do.

I applied for SC/OCI as family me, wife, kid in one mailing
Adult kid seperate mailing.

Both application are around the same time and progress is same.
when the doc are received at DC, can I send all the US PP in one mailing or should I maintain the application status as two and send family and adult kids US PP for Ustamping in seperate mailing.

thanks in advance.

any one would like to through some light on this, plesae.

Hi,

I applied for OCI (together with SC) for myself, my wife and daughter. All three granted and dispatched to Washington DC.

When they reach Washington DC, I am planning to send all three passports and the status copies in one mail with a single cover letter listing all there names and file numbers.

Also, I am including the PIO card of my daughter in original to surrender it. She is the only one with the PIO card. I am mentioning that in the cover letter.

I did send a $20 check with my original application, so not more checks for donating to the greatest office in the world....

any one would like to through some light on this, plesae.

Hi,

I applied for OCI (together with SC) for myself, my wife and daughter. All three granted and dispatched to Washington DC.

When they reach Washington DC, I am planning to send all three passports and the status copies in one mail with a single cover letter listing all there names and file numbers.

Also, I am including the PIO card of my daughter in original to surrender it. She is the only one with the PIO card. I am mentioning that in the cover letter.

I did send a $20 check with my original application, so not more checks for donating to the greatest office in the world....

Thanks.
I have applied in two batches.
1 batch: self, wife, kid as family application
2 batch: adult kid.

Now my question is can I send family cover letter and batch 1 pp and adult kid's PP in the same mailing?
we have send 2 $20 checks one with family application and another with adult kid's application. also SC/OCI is applied togeger.

waiting for oci status to show arrived at DC

Our status shows dispatched to concerned Mission on 27th Dec, and not yet arrived in DC.
I sent them 2 emails already to check on when to send in my passports and have not heard back. I see 3-4 others on this forum with similar dates as mine. I guess they are behind on all applications :((

We have plans to travel in February and were hoping to have the oci stamped in our passports by the end of this month!

Please keep us posted if any of you with these dates see a different status to prompt you to send your passports.

Once the PPs are sent the turn around is about a week, correct?
Thank you

emno,

If I were you, I would send it in 2 batches, just like you sent the original application. I do not see any convincing point to make me consider sending all 4 applications in 1 packet. You have already sent 2 $20 checks....you will obviously not get 1 back....

If you are thinking of comining all 4, it may lead to more delay if you try to make THOSE people THINK.....

Just my views...
Good luck

Thanks.
I have applied in two batches.
1 batch: self, wife, kid as family application
2 batch: adult kid.

Now my question is can I send family cover letter and batch 1 pp and adult kid's PP in the same mailing?
we have send 2 $20 checks one with family application and another with adult kid's application. also SC/OCI is applied togeger.

emno,

If I were you, I would send it in 2 batches, just like you sent the original application. I do not see any convincing point to make me consider sending all 4 applications in 1 packet. You have already sent 2 $20 checks....you will obviously not get 1 back....

If you are thinking of comining all 4, it may lead to more delay if you try to make THOSE people THINK.....

Just my views...
Good luck

thanks staish
I appriciate your response. And your statement
it may lead to more delay if you try to make THOSE people THINK.....
says it all.
thanks again.

sent email to oci status folks

I sent them an email yesterday but they are ignoring it so far. My intent was to jolt someone to realize that the system needs updating. We will probably wait until Monday and then send in the passports anyway.

Perhaps everyone who is waiting for document receipt in DC should send them an email. The address is on the OCI link on the embassy site:

ociwashington@indiagov.org

I sent couple of emails and am waiting too.. What about the possibility of driving to dc and walking in and having them just stamp the passport? Not sure if that would work.

Well apparently sending the email worked because the status was updated to received at embassy on Jan 14. Anyone else got the update?

Well apparently sending the email worked because the status was updated to received at embassy on Jan 14. Anyone else got the update?

Well....we can never reach to the bottom...whether or not the email worked....but then:

I had sent an email after your previous post, and the status of all three from my family has been updated to "reveived at embassy (tommorrow :) )14th"

Hopefully it will be smooth here on.....

Hey, Last night when I checked the status, it said the docs will be received on 1/14 (today!). My question is with MLK Day on 17th and Sankranthi weekend etc etc, whats the holiday schedule of the Indian embassy? Is there someplace the holidays are listed for the DC consulate? Thanks,