Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Lazycis, got your reply. Thanks so much!! I will go ahead and file the 2nd notice of appeal and contact the AUSA. Will keep you posted of the news.

Hi, lazycis. Per your advice, I asked the appeal court if they could consolidate the two appeals, the clerk said I could file a motion to request for consolidation but I will need to talk to the counsel of the opposite party (the AUSA) to get their consent to do so. Is this necessary? Would you please see the details in my email and advise? Thanks very much...

Lazycis,
Now that my case have moved to NYC (5 days after filing WOM) should I contact AUSA office and talk to him/her or I should wait till 2 weeks before 60 days deadline?! I still do not know who my AUSA is.

Lazycis, Jefkom, ....
Whether our I-485 cases get approved or not, I want to thank you for all the inspirations and advices. You saved us from a lot of stress and pressure. You guys are amazing. If it wasn't because of you guys and this forum, I would not do such a thing in my life.

I wish you guys the best of the best in your life.

Thanks a million.....

Lazycis,
Now that my case have moved to NYC (5 days after filing WOM) should I contact AUSA office and talk to him/her or I should wait till 2 weeks before 60 days deadline?! I still do not know who my AUSA is.

Wait until AUSA is assigned to your case as you need to speak to a particular person. You can find who is assigned to your case using PACER or by calling the clerk. I think the earlier you can contact AUSA the better are your chances for a speedy resolution.

You can get your AUSA's email from PACER. It wouldn't hurt to send him/her an email. Introduce yourself and mention that you are the plaintiff in You vs. USCIS et al.( or whatever is the actual title of your case is) and say that you wanted to update on the progress of your case. This may have the effect of nudging AUSA into keeping an eye on your case with USCIS which is good thing. Good luck and glad to be of help.
Lazycis,

Thank you jefkorn..
I see that you are among the masters of this forum. Your advices will be appreciated.
I also registered PACER and ECF web pages. I want to track my case and to receive automatic notification via Internet. However, in my ECF account I cannot see "Setup e-Mail Notification" under the "reports" title. Could you help me about that? Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
jefkorn, lazycis

i got the call from my lawyer that DA office told her that my i751 has been approved but when will i get something in the mail and how long i have to wait for to notify my lawyer if i dont get anything from uscis

jefkorn, lazycis

i got the call from my lawyer that DA office told her that my i751 has been approved but when will i get something in the mail and how long i have to wait for to notify my lawyer if i dont get anything from uscis

Here you go! Ask DA to send you a copy of approval via e-mail.

I'm forgetting how to setup email notification. I thought it was automatic when you provide the email address as part of the account setup. You can always call PACER support person at the court (If you ask the court for ECF - electronic filing support person, they will be able to assist you in that). Email notification is really handy.
Thank you jefkorn..
I see that you are among the masters of this forum. Your advices will be appreciated.
I also registered PACER and ECF web pages. I want to track my case and to receive automatic notification via Internet. However, in my ECF account I cannot see "Setup e-Mail Notification" under the "reports" title. Could you help me about that? Thank you so much.

Helphelp1, great news, congratulations!! as Lazycis pointed out, once you request the approval notice from AUSA, you are safe. You should also get the paper approval in the mail in a week or so. Are you registered for USCIS's online case status system? If not go there and register, it also sends you emails about the case status and when the approval notice is mailed etc. It's not perfect but works most of the time.
jefkorn, lazycis

I just got one more question -

Since i abandonend the us last summer i have to file a new I-485 & an I-601 according to uscis. I guess its because the 3 year barrier applies to me.

Now, if me and my Husband go back to my Country and wanna come back before that barrier has been lifted, we would file the same papers right?

Do you think it would have a negative effect on they're decision if we leave the us for a couple years and then file again?

jefkorn and lazycis

should i wait one or two week for the approval in the mail or i should ask for the approval email right away
``

Hi, Lazycis and jefkorn,

We file our WOM in 02/21, and we got our first court hearing on 04/21. The AUSA was very nice and said our cases would be approved in a couple of weeks. The court set the second hearing on 06/09. Just before this date on 06/08, the AUSA informed us that all our cases have been approved and would be able to receive our welcome notice in a couple of weeks. He told us not need to go to the court for hearing next day, he himself would be there and ask the Judge to extend a couple of weeks again until we get all the welcome notice to dismiss the cases. My husband is the primary applicant, however, only my daughter and I received the welcome notice and also green card, not my husband. on both my daughter's and mine green cards, the approved date written is indeed 06/08. So I think my husband' case should have been approved, otherwise my daughter's and mmy cases would be approved, right? It's been almost 2 months, why my husband approved notice has not yet been arroved, We called the AUSA twices, he said he would go to ask, but still not respones. What would be the reason for that? How can we do for it? any suggestion? Thanks.

The primary applicant must be approved before the dependents. If you haven't dismissed the case, AUSA should be helpful in getting a copy of approval notice from USCIS. You could also take an infopass and check with USCIS. Have you received you physical cards?

I wonder if this is an issue with just generating the approval notice and not the actual approval of the case.

Hi, Lazycis and jefkorn,

We file our WOM in 02/21, and we got our first court hearing on 04/21. The AUSA was very nice and said our cases would be approved in a couple of weeks. The court set the second hearing on 06/09. Just before this date on 06/08, the AUSA informed us that all our cases have been approved and would be able to receive our welcome notice in a couple of weeks. He told us not need to go to the court for hearing next day, he himself would be there and ask the Judge to extend a couple of weeks again until we get all the welcome notice to dismiss the cases. My husband is the primary applicant, however, only my daughter and I received the welcome notice and also green card, not my husband. on both my daughter's and mine green cards, the approved date written is indeed 06/08. So I think my husband' case should have been approved, otherwise my daughter's and mmy cases would be approved, right? It's been almost 2 months, why my husband approved notice has not yet been arroved, We called the AUSA twices, he said he would go to ask, but still not respones. What would be the reason for that? How can we do for it? any suggestion? Thanks.

Hi, lazycis. Hope all is going well with you.

I have two questions and would appreciate your valuable inputs.

1. When I file a motion (in this case, the motion for extension of time to file brief for the 1st appeal) to the court of appeal, since the court does not have an electronic filing system, I will need to mail it in -- do I need to serve every defendant, or just the attorney? In my case, the lead attorney for the government (she has been dealing with my case since the MTD at district court) is a US immigration lawsuits attorney located in D.C (I think the government wanted to give me a tough time as if I haven't already had enough), but the local AUSA is still on the case. Do I need to send to both attorneys?

2. Per the appeal court's clerk, I will need to include the opinion of the other party (if they agree with or object to my motion) in every motion I file . Is this the case? I called the lead attorney to get her opinion about my intentions to request for extension to file and then consolidation of the 2 appeals. But she is out of office since last week and returns on Aug 3. The deadline to file the brief is Aug 5 and I need to send the motion for extension out tomorrow. Then I called the local AUSA but she said she's not the lead attorney in this case anymore and could not give her opinion (although she said she didn't see why they would object). She and the court clerk both suggested me to state in the motion that I have attempted to contact the attorney but her opinion is pending due to absence. Do you think this is ok?

Thank you very much!

Also appreciate inputs from anyone who has experience dealing with court of appeal. Thanks.

NIW-WOM: Did you get any recent news about your case after transfer? Is any attorney assigned to your wom?
Question for all who had experience: I served the summons on July 23 and I got certified mail received cards. I am going to submit them to the court next Monday. Do you have any opinion about when I can hear something about my case from court, or attorney, or hopefully USCIS. Thank you..