Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

It is risky, but the chances that everything will be Ok are very good if the petitioning employer will not notify the USCIS. Assuming that GC is employment-based.

Thank you!

I want to THANK YOU LazyCIS and all other members for help and you priceless advices. On Oct. 5 we got e-mails that our I-485 had been approved. We done it Pro Se. But we could not do it without you guys. It was long fight that included all possible steps: Motion to dimiss, MSJ, discovery, 2 pre-trial conferences, hearing of MSJ. Our final trial was set for Nov.1. In the middle of the process I was so close to give up and hire attorney. I tried number of people, but they didn't want to take such case or charged too much money. So the only way was to continue read this forum and fight. We did it and you can do it too.

You are welcome!

It's so nice to hear good news! One day everybody will get what they'are fighting for and this forum will be obsolete. That'll be wonderful (my honey will be happy as well big time :) ). Just curious about your experience. Did you serve subpoena to FBI's official?

Congrats !

I want to THANK YOU LazyCIS and all other members for help and you priceless advices. On Oct. 5 we got e-mails that our I-485 had been approved. ...

I'm very happy for you, congrats !
Bravo on all the hard work you've done. Enjoy your life now.

about Summons

Sure. Also, the most unfriendly districts are:

1. Maryland
2. Virginia (Eastern/Western)
3. Michigan Eastern

I called the clerk's office today. They said that I should put down" US Postal Service" as SERVER at the top part of the 2nd page of the summons. And I should let a friend sign his name at " Signature of Server" at the bottom of the page. I got confused by that. Does this sound right to you, lazycis? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the clerk's office today. They said that I should put down" US Postal Service" as SERVER at the top part of the 2nd page of the summons. And I should let a friend sign his name at " Signature of Server" at the bottom of the page. I got confused by that. Does this sound right to you, lazycis? Thanks

I forgot to ask the clerk about the address I should file the summons with the court. I think it should be clerk's office, right?

Thanks, Lazycis

I filed GC through NIW...but I considering to switch to another field that is very different from what is described in the application.

It is risky, but the chances that everything will be Ok are very good if the petitioning employer will not notify the USCIS. Assuming that GC is employment-based.

where did you file your case?

Congratulations, Nastena. Could you give me information about your case?

I want to THANK YOU LazyCIS and all other members for help and you priceless advices. On Oct. 5 we got e-mails that our I-485 had been approved. We done it Pro Se. But we could not do it without you guys. It was long fight that included all possible steps: Motion to dimiss, MSJ, discovery, 2 pre-trial conferences, hearing of MSJ. Our final trial was set for Nov.1. In the middle of the process I was so close to give up and hire attorney. I tried number of people, but they didn't want to take such case or charged too much money. So the only way was to continue read this forum and fight. We did it and you can do it too.

called AUSA (NYSD)

He does not seem to be friendly and he told me that he has not started working on my case yet (filed on 09/19 and served on 09/20). I also asked him about discovery...he told me that we should talk about that after he file an answer with the court... is that true?

Hesitant to be Happy!

Okay, i recieved a letter from Dick Cheney's office in reply to mine. First of all, i learned that my Name Check came back on June 27th, 2007.

Anyway, the letter from the VP's office says
"The USCIS Baltimore field office recieved the result for the required background investigation on your For N-400, application for Naturalization, on Sept 20th, 2007. The USCIS Baltimore Field office is currently working on your application. Please allow 90 days for that office to inform you on the next action to be taken on your case."

I had been told by USCIS that although my name check came back i was still pending security checks. Still i have recieved no oath letter. Either way, if dont have an oath letter by December i am suing.

By the way LAZY_CIS, i am waiting for a Christmas Bonus :D. USCIS has forced me to be a "single parent" since my husband is still in Guyana, so he is not here to help us financially.

Anyway. Anyone have any thoughts? If my Name Check is cleared and my background check has been done, what is the hold up now? Am i just being too anxious? After two years, i think i have a right to be though. Just tired. :mad:

Okay, i recieved a letter from Dick Cheney's office in reply to mine. First of all, i learned that my Name Check came back on June 27th, 2007.

Anyway, the letter from the VP's office says
"The USCIS Baltimore field office recieved the result for the required background investigation on your For N-400, application for Naturalization, on Sept 20th, 2007. The USCIS Baltimore Field office is currently working on your application. Please allow 90 days for that office to inform you on the next action to be taken on your case."

I had been told by USCIS that although my name check came back i was still pending security checks. Still i have recieved no oath letter. Either way, if dont have an oath letter by December i am suing.

By the way LAZY_CIS, i am waiting for a Christmas Bonus :D. USCIS has forced me to be a "single parent" since my husband is still in Guyana, so he is not here to help us financially.

Anyway. Anyone have any thoughts? If my Name Check is cleared and my background check has been done, what is the hold up now? Am i just being too anxious? After two years, i think i have a right to be though. Just tired. :mad:

Do you have a N-400 case or AOS?? Threre is no need to wait if you have N-400 case and your timeline says that you have already been interviwed. Then, why do u want to file a WOM. Atleast file a WOM+1447b together like shvilie did. Good luck to you!!!

called AUSA (NYSD)

He does not seem to be friendly and he told me that he has not started working on my case yet (filed on 09/19 and served on 09/20). I also asked him about discovery...he told me that we should talk about that after he file an answer with the court... is that true?

No you don't need to wait for his answer to do discovery. See AUSAs will want to delay your case as long as possible. This is one of the tactics. Just file MSJ after he files the answer.

Congratulations nastena. This is great news. Can you upload your MSJ (if you have not done already) so others can use it ?

Do you have a N-400 case or AOS?? Threre is no need to wait if you have N-400 case and your timeline says that you have already been interviwed. Then, why do u want to file a WOM. Atleast file a WOM+1447b together like shvilie did. Good luck to you!!!

Thank you very much. I am waiting because i cannot afford the 350 dollars it takes to file until December. I am filing the 1447b, i just had not updated my signature. Thank you. In the mean time i am building my case so when it is December and i have the money, all i have to do is send in my forms and send out the necessary paperwork.

in the same boat

I filed GC through NIW...but I considering to switch to another field that is very different from what is described in the application.

One of my friend told me that it is better to wait for 6 months before changing field. I don't know if that is true or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
a question about summons

I called the clerk's office today. They said that I should put down" US Postal Service" as SERVER at the top part of the 2nd page of the summons. And I should let a friend sign his name at " Signature of Server" at the bottom of the page. I got confused by that. Does this sound right? Thanks a lot.

nastena

This is really great news, especially after you been through all those tough steps and you did it pro se! Please share your experience and MSJ (omitting your personal info, of course), which district are you in.

I called the clerk's office today. They said that I should put down" US Postal Service" as SERVER at the top part of the 2nd page of the summons. And I should let a friend sign his name at " Signature of Server" at the bottom of the page. I got confused by that. Does this sound right? Thanks a lot.

The postal service served the defendants so I do not see a problem if you sign it. Fill the second pages and file them with the clerk or mail to the clerk's office.

MSJ granted

Dear All,
I put one cent to this thread from my case.
Just checked the court record, the judge has ordered on
my case and support my motion for summary judgment,
deny defendants' motion to dismiss, thanks GOD !
The only things missing is the Judge did not set time
limit for USCIS to finish adjudication, but with the word
"forthwith". I hope USCIS can not delay any longer.
Thanks to all who contributed alot to this thread, I learnt
alot from you all and got encouragement to go forward,
without your help, I did not dare to go to lawsuit. I hope
I can get my GC soon.
Good luck to you all! God bless you, I will keep praying for you !

Yaoming