Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Even though we are less than a year into the 485 process, it seems a long road ahead. I am stuck in name check since October 2007. The LUD for wife and me is 11/1/2007. So presuming that my name check is cleared by the end of this month (assuming the 180 day rule is in force), should I even bother thinking that our file might be brought up since our 485s were filed in the first week of August 2007? I doubt it, given the pace of recent approvals for cross chargeability cases. And it's been just one month since we called and an IO flagged our file for cross chargeability.

Also, the weekend press release from USCIS/FBI on the new timelines for processing name check cases gives me the impression that they aim to clear my name check by June 2009, since the people who are stuck in name check recently will be dealt with last. Anyone interpret this press release differently? Or am I just being cynical? And we haven't even dealt with the hazards of dealing with an RFE as yet...but I get the sneaking suspicion that there will be one coming.

Thank God that we have the AC-21 option to switch jobs as the US economy heads into a tailspin.

using cross chargability

guys,
i need a bit of help and information on using cross chargability.
my green card recently got approved ( employment base-EB-2 ROW).
i am about to marry an indian citizen whose application is pending EB-3 , her PD is july 05.
based on current visa number it will probably be few years before her PD become current. as pd for Eb-3 ROW is around july 05 , is it possibly now to use cross chargability on her case.
she has already applied for 485 ( during last year fiasco).

any help would be appreciated.

Yes Cross Chargeability Does Work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought hell would freeze over before this day would come, but I actually got “Card Production Ordered” email just now for myself and my wife.

I was waiting for this moment for 5.5 years. I owe a big thanks for all you guys. You guys have been a great help for me and others as well. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I will pray for all you guys.

Thanks,
VS

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought hell would freeze over before this day would come, but I actually got “Card Production Ordered” email just now for myself and my wife.

I was waiting for this moment for 5.5 years. I owe a big thanks for all you guys. You guys have been a great help for me and others as well. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
VS
Hi VSaxena:

That is awesome, especially since you were worried about the long delay since you replied to your RFE. Congratulations and enjoy the freedom !!!

Thanks,
VS

VS, Congrats!!!!

Every approval makes those of us still in the immigration pipeline hopeful that the process of cross chargeability is moving forward.

Thanks,
VS

Congrats vsaxena..

Thanks,
VS
Congrats VSaxena... or viveksri(from trackitt)

So much for the discussion we had yesterday. Good for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks,
VS
your case gives us hope VS. Congrats Enjoy ur green!!
I was away for a few weeks so here is an update. There was an RFE issued on my spouses case on 3/11/08. They wanted 'proof' of our marriage (the marriage cert apparently did not suffice). We responded to the RFE and it was received at USCIS on 3/25. Saw an LUD on my spouses case on RFE response recd on 3/26. No change in my status, but at least someone is looking at our apps 13 months after the RD.

hu, that is an excellent update. Hopefully they will not leave it there and will follow up the RFE and lead it all the way to the approval.

Hope for the green...

So I called up NSC once again using POJ, to check if my case was at least assigned to an officer by now.

I was told by the lady "Sir, this is not the number to check the status of your case. Please use our website for that information. Call us back only if you do not see any update to your case status on our website by the end of August. Thank you." I just asked her again if she said "end of August" this time, and she reconfirmed that.

Has anyone in here contact NSC using POJ recently, and been lucky enough to receive any better response?

Hu,

Looks like you're less than 3 weeks away from going green !! Enjoy the countdown ;)
You were correct umass. Got the magic email yesterday evening about our card production. :D
Approval notice was sent exactly 14 days after RFE response receipt.
Interestingly, there was no LUD on my case after my FP last year other than the AD LUD yesterday. Out of this quagmire finally and yes Cross Chargeability Works!!!
Wishing everyone else loads of patience and good luck. There is light at the end of the tunnel ;)
-hu

So I called up NSC once again using POJ, to check if my case was at least assigned to an officer by now.

I was told by the lady "Sir, this is not the number to check the status of your case. Please use our website for that information. Call us back only if you do not see any update to your case status on our website by the end of August. Thank you." I just asked her again if she said "end of August" this time, and she reconfirmed that.

Has anyone in here contact NSC using POJ recently, and been lucky enough to receive any better response?
Thats bad dude.... I will try calling later in the day see if I get a better response. I have not got a bad rep yet. Maybe this will be the day.

umass
I had called up NSC using POJ a couple of times in the past 2 weeks. When i requested to speak to an IO, the rep told me that the IO could not do diddly and asked me to call back in July (~3 months)
The next time when i called them (last Friday) I was asked to check back in August and be more patient :rolleyes:
I was not able to speak to an IO either times. I usually mention the >180 days past since the NC initiation to speak to an IO or tell them that only an IO can tell me if my case has been charged under CC. Try different approaches.
-hu

umass
I had called up NSC using POJ a couple of times in the past 2 weeks. When i requested to speak to an IO, the rep told me that the IO could not do diddly and asked me to call back in July (~3 months)
The next time when i called them (last Friday) I was asked to check back in August and be more patient :rolleyes:
I was not able to speak to an IO either times. I usually mention the >180 days past since the NC initiation to speak to an IO or tell them that only an IO can tell me if my case has been charged under CC. Try different approaches.
-hu
Just to make you aware trackitt the only approval on trackitt so far is a cross charged case (india\nigeria) pretty recent too (pd-2/2006;rd-5/2006)

Huz, VS..

Keep us posted on notice and card receipt. I received my approval notices aprrox a wk after the approval notices sent email. Still waiting on the actual cards.

I have never tried POJ. I called the std customer service number and opened SRs since last sept. When the SR response time expired I used to call back and request status. They would either ask me to wait or transfer to an IO or open another SR.

here is the updated tracker....

Umass you are probably next on it from the users I have ever spoken too or have seen around.

Just to make you aware trackitt the only approval on trackitt so far is a cross charged case (india\nigeria) pretty recent too (pd-2/2006;rd-5/2006)
Hi MMU,

I saw that too .... at least the primary applicant in that case had some soft LUDs before getting the case approved. In my case, the LUD has been 3/28/2007 and nothing since then. The 3/28/2007 LUD was corresponding to our 3/27/2007 fingerprints I believe.

I always thought that as long as visa numbers are available, cases are processed based on their RD. But, looks like NSC is processing cases based on PD and not RD. The feeling I'm getting from Trackitt is that they look:

1. for oldest PD for which visa numbers are still available and
2. oldest RD corresponding corresponding to this PD

and then those cases are being approved, and the whole system moves forward. I think that's how the backlog cases are being cleared. If true, I think it's another few months before I can see that light at the end of the tunnel. And who knows, by then visa numbers will no longer be available, in which case we might have to wait even longer.

Also, no pun intended, but I fail to understand how EB3 cases get approved before EB2. As far as visa numbers are available and the I-485 is backlogged/past due, based on current processing times, doesn't EB2 get a priority over EB3? Or am I missing some point(s) here?

And as far as that end of August deadline goes, I think CIS is just buying time because they believe at least a few hundred cases will be cleared by then, and it will be that many less people/cases to have to worry about and deal with. This August-end should by no means be construed as an absolute deadline to eliminate all I-485 backlog. I won't be surprised if I call them mid-May and if I'm told to wait till mid-October before calling back. It's a good way for them to keep getting their green ($$$) for AP and EAD renewals as well.