Will I receive approval notice for I130 or not?

chicagoVC

Registered Users (C)
Hey, I just received the notice today and when I check the website. I saw:

On November 10, 2009, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

I saw someone in this forum did get I130 approval notice but some did not. Am I going to get it or not?

Thanks.

I saw someone in this forum did get I130 approval notice but some did not. Am I going to get it or not?
You will get an approval eventually. There might be other reasons why other people get their approval early, so you cant really compare case times.

My I-130 was approved within a few months, but I didn't get the actual notice letter until two years later.

That's what I am talking about.

I saw somebody got approval notice on I130 but some did not. I am trying to find who will and who will not.

Thanks thomas.
I think it is just the oppsite. I130 should be approved first before they can see if I485 is eligble.

I think it is just the oppsite.
you are right, but the interview is for I-485 petition. I-130 does not require a formal interview. That's why I said, if your I-485 is approved, the chances are that your I-130 will be approved.If they have doubts about your marriage, then they will bring that up during the interview.For concurrently filed petitions most likely the I130 wont be approved before the interview (highly unlikely).

According to my online status, which I posted above, and stories I heard on this forum, I think they will do a background on I130 petitioner before digging into I485.

I might be wrong.