Which passport to use after naturalization?

My 13 year old sister has a green card. My parents recently naturalized as US citizens and promptly applied for a US passport for my sister. They received the passport within a few weeks. Interestingly, the green card was also returned to us with the passport. Since she is a US citizen what should we do with the green card? Are we required to send it back to USCIS? Is there an well defined procedure for this?

Double post, already answered on a different thread. A bit off topic for this thread. I think you should have opened a new thread for this question.

two passports

It also depends on how much time one is going to spend in the country of birth. In some places if one enters with a US passport, one is given 90 days stay and no authorization to work. If one plans to stay longer than 90 days or wants to do some work, it would be better to enter with the other passport and keep the US passport to exit and then re-enter the USA.

whatever makes you feel better as long as it's legal..... remember, it's a free country.

Just wondering....
Any German citizens out there? I am going to be a dual citizen (hopefully soon) :). What would happen if I jsut use my U.S. Passport to enter Germany - instead of using the German passport? Has anyone entered with a US Passport while being a dual citizen?

I'm Dutch so close enough :) I have used both my Dutch and American passports to enter The Netherlands without a problem.

Note to everyone: from what I've heard: if you request consular assistance abroad but you didn't use your American passport to enter, you might be refused consular assistance. Not sure if it's true or a big deal, but I am using my American passport everywhere, unless there is a valid reason not to (e.g. *if* I want to go to Cuba, or if I want to visit Turkey where a tourist card is $20 for European visitors and $50 for Americans)

The US doesn't recognize dual citizenship, and therefore requires all entries and departures of US citizens to be on a US passport. It doesn't say anything about what you do in other countries, except to warn that as a dual-citizen of a country the US cannot provide consular services while in that country.

When you naturalize you renounce all other citizenships. Other countries construe that renouncement differently, for example India honors it and requires you to lose Indian citizenship, while on the other extreme Iran doesn't recognize a US citizenship oath as valid at all.

-ML