When should I start to Panic about oath letter

waitingforins2

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I had my interview on 03/02 at NEWARK Broad street office the winter storm day and was told my oath should be by the end of the month. I got the N-445 which says "congratulations".

My question is other than "INFOPASS" what options can I try? I see some cases where people were approved but their oath letters got lost in the mail or they never got it and their case was administratively closed.

It is already 2 yrs for me since I filed in 04/2007 and I dont want any further screw ups. Seems like there are hurdles for me at each step.
What would you guys recommend?
How about sending a letter to the officer who interviewed me? You think that may help?

I am sorry if I sound paranoid thats because I am:)

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Look at the brighter side. You are approved. It is only a matter of time before the oath letter is send to you. Having said that you have all the reason to be gunshy. After all it has been 2 years.
An INFOPASS would be the best way, since it is formal in nature.
Good Luck

I missed my oath letter once already due to mail issue.

I didn't know they can administratively close your case for missing the oath letter because of the mail issue.

I feel the same... And still waiting to see any news in my mail!!
ID: 12/01 2008
oath letter: ? 2009...

Hi Guys,

I had my interview on 03/02 at NEWARK Broad street office the winter storm day and was told my oath should be by the end of the month. I got the N-445 which says "congratulations".

My question is other than "INFOPASS" what options can I try?

Give it at least 30-45 days after interview before following up with an Infopass.
Keep making Infopass inquiries on a monthly basis until 120 days after interview (if you don't receive oath letter). Only once the 120 day after interview and no oath letter limit has passed would you go onto the next escalation steps.

Thanks guys

Ravi74,
They will send you the oath letter twice I think and if you dont respond they will close your case/deny. I think I read some similar experience on some thread.
Thats why I am so antsy that if there is a problem beyond my control I should take some preemptive action.

Bob,
What if I write directly to the officer who interviewed me. He mentioned his name on the N-445 that he gave me. Like you said I will write to him next month so that I can mention in the letter that he had expected it to be end of march.

Thanks to you all and wish all of us best of luck who are waiting.

Can you believe it? NEWARK normally get same day oath and I was interviewed exactly on the date when there was no oath possible:(

Regards

Bob,
What if I write directly to the officer who interviewed me. He mentioned his name on the N-445 that he gave me. Like you said I will write to him next month so that I can mention in the letter that he had expected it to be end of march.

Yes, you could send your IO a follow up inquiry letter but there's no guarantee they will respond. You would probably have better luck going to DO via Infopass to make the inquiry instead of waiting on mail.

Hi Guys,

Well considering your interview was just last week (March 3rd), I wouldn't expect to see it at the earliest until last week of March or early April. This of course would be probably the earliest you would get it...

thanks warlord

Warlord,

:( Couldnt you just say next week just to make me feel happy? :) Just kidding.

Yes I understand thats why I am thinking of infopass or sending any letter etc..in the middle of april..I suppose that is my best shot. I guess they count in months not days..

My only hope was since this was due to weather they may give some consideration and schedule it early but seems like if you are unlucky well ..sorry hard luck..get back in the line.

Anyways..Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.

Have you written your letters yet, tabaliya? :)

Initiated an qneuiry through my attorney.

Initiated an inquiry through the MN Senator Amy Klobuchar's office.

Will write a letter to the IO who interviewed me.

Will schedule an INFOPASS this week.

More letters perhaps in the days to come.

AP

Initiated an qneuiry through my attorney.

Initiated an inquiry through the MN Senator Amy Klobuchar's office.

Will write a letter to the IO who interviewed me.

Will schedule an INFOPASS this week.

More letters perhaps in the days to come.

AP

They are required by law to make a decision by March 18.

They are required by law to make a decision by March 18.

Yes, but they often do not.

A friend of mine who had interview on Nov 10 is already well past his 120 days and NO signs of an oath letter.

The St Paul DO seems to be hugely backed up. At the same time, many who interviewed after us (in Dec or Jan) have already had their oaths done.

Dark and mysterious are the ways of this almighty agency!

AP

Fortunately, judicial system in this country is functioning. If USCIS violates the federal law, you can sue them.

Paranoia justified

Hi Guys,

Reading the above experiences I think my paranoia is justified.

I will not believe I am a US citizen till I have the naturalization ceritificate in my hands. As they say there is a distance between cup and the lip.
I sincerely hope I do not need to wait so long and my oath letter does not get lost in the mail.

I really really do not want to call 1-800 Number but I guess they want to hear my voice..what can I do:)

Anyways, Hang in there Tabaliya..we are so close..This too shall pass.

All the best

Waitingforins2, any updates?
Did you schedule infopass? Did you send any letters?
Calling 1-800 is useless. I did. They say to wait and if 90 days passes without receiving oath letter - THEN give them a call back for a service request.

Tabaliya! Congratulations!
WOW! They really made you wait 120 days for a decision :mad:

Calling 1-800 is useless. I did. They say to wait and if 90 days passes without receiving oath letter - THEN give them a call back for a service request.

Calling the 1-800 number and speaking with a customer service rep is useless. Getting them to transfer you to an IO using the method described in this forum will get you the information you need.

Calling the 1-800 number and speaking with a customer service rep is useless. Getting them to transfer you to an IO using the method described in this forum will get you the information you need.

Would you mind repeating those methods here, Bobsmyth, please?