Waiting for Receipt in Dallas for my wife's adjustment of status after my Citizenship

Indousa

Congratulation. It is nice to get result after long painful waiting time. We made a mistake not to apply EAD to Dallas office, We sent it to Chicago (Web information misled us). It is been more than 3 months no information, Online status says they sent a notice asking more information, but we have not received any.

Any way thanks for providing your information and suggestions.

Good Luck.

SV

Time Line

June 23, 2003. Applied for Adjustment of Status(I-485), AP and Medical(I-693) at INS Dallas.
Aug 23, 2003. I-485 Receipt.
Aug 28, 2003. Recieved Finger Printing notification.(Finger printing to be done on Sept 30, 2003)
Sept 12, 2003. Recieved AP approval (Valid for one year, Multiple entry).

indousa,
cud u tell me if ur parents had BC (birth certificates) or did they submit affidavits?? Do you know how many affidavits to submit?

In our case, we have submitted affidavits.

thx

indousa:

I think your parents' B2 I-94 were expired when they left US after filing I-485. If so, did they surrender their I-94 to airline? In the interview, did BCIS ask for that I-94?

I asked you this question earlier since my wife is in the same boat now. But I just try to confirm it again. Thanks.

MV/Coke:

Yes they had affidavits. They also had their school leaving certificates (which show the DOB). Yes, the B2 I-94 has to be surrendered at the airport. At the GC interview, they will take the AOS I-94 & stamp your passport with the I-551. I don't understand why they will ask for the B2 I94 at the interview. Your wife will re-enter the US on a AOS I-94...this will've to be surrendered at the time of the interview.

Guys,

Got AP yesterday in less than 2 mths from dallas local off!!

Indousa,

My parents had submitted I-94 along with 485 application. Are you not supposed to submit it? Not sure what happens now when they leave the country?

MV,
you are required to submit a photocopy of the I94 - not the original. Don't know what the repurcussions are for submitting the original I94 to INS - but my feeling is that it should not matter that much if u r not able to give the I94 at the time of departure.....this is mere speculation though.

Itoo, followed your advice..

Hey Itoo..
Me too also followed your advice and finally became an US citizen on Oct 20, 2003. It was a long an arduous ceremony but well it was all worth it. Now, I also need to file the AOS package for my wife. From the looks of it, need to file the I-130, 1-485,I-693, I-864, I-765,I-131 and 2 G-325A's. All of this goes directly to the local dallas office, right?
Could you people post the timelines for getting the EAD after you guys applied?
Is there a way to stand in the queue for few hours n get the AP approved fast if we need to travel to India later this yr or well wait for 4 months for the AP to come through?
Thanks all..