Waiting for Receipt in Dallas for my wife's adjustment of status after my Citizenship

sv_nagari

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for my wife's adjustment of status(I485, I130, 325G..) after my Citizenship on last may(local office - Dallas), since then I did not receive any status (not even an acknowledgment). In fact my application got returned with in couple days asking to pay in "Cashier's check" or "money Order" (no more personal checks in Dallas office). I resent the application, but so far no receipt date. I called the 800 number, they told me it will take more than 30 working days to get the receipt date. I am wondering any one has similar experience. I have applied EAD separately, but got the FP notice for that. I have managed to check with Bank, it looks like INS has collected the money.

If any one has similar experience Please respond.

Thanks
SV

SV,

I applied for AOS for my parents in Jan'03 thru Dallas local office and got receipt notice the same month....waiting on FP!

Hi MV,

Thanks for the information, It is been more than 45 days, I will wait for another couple of weeks, then I have to bite the bullet (go to INS and wait in the Queue for several hrs) and hopefully get some useful information. I will post my update.

SV

SV,

I have a similiar case. Applied for my wife's I-485 on June 23 at Dallas downtown INS office. I haven't got the receipt number yet.
SV, did you get your wife's I-485 receipt number?

-ZS

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ZS

No, I have not received any thing, In fact I send couple of mails, there is no response. I am planing for a trip to Dallas office by end of this month and wait for 7 hrs to get some useless information, then next step to contact Senator. I am waiting for EAD by next month. Please update your status.

Good Luck,
SV

Hi,

I have received a non standard letter from INS reg receipt, It is just a payment receipt, no case number.
At least it conforms the payment. I am waiting for the receipt number.

I will update once I received any information.

SV

SV,

If you filed your apps at a BCIS local office, you will not receive the receipt number. The receipt that you received in the mail is your proof of filing the application. However, you might want to take a look at the back side of your canceled check - it may have your A#.

i filed to Dallas DO in April and received a simple cash registry in June. Also I received a letter stating I need to submit medical, there is A# on that letter. So far, I have heard nothing. Any idea on how soon I could receive my AP?

Takealook,

My recent experience at the Dallas DO for AP is that it takes about 4 mos to get the AP approval.

Hi Indousa,

Thanks for the information , Yes I just received a simple cash Registry receipt for my payment.
Since I have send Money order, I have no chance to find any A#. It looks like that is the way Dallas office is working. I have to just wait wait wait. I will update if there is any new status.

SV

indousa,

did you get ur AP through dallas in 4 mths? Did you apply it with 485 or separately? does the processing time for AP matter if its applied with 485 or separately?

I had applied for my parents AP last month (though their 485 was applied in Jan'03) - web site for dallas claims AP processing is done within 2 mths. so they were expecting it by sept end but looks like it may not be possible....

MV,
The AP was filed separately in Jan 2003 & approved exactly 4 mos later. I don't know if the processing time is different if filed together w/485 or separately. Can you post the link to the web-site that contains the processing time for the Dallas office?

SV,
Yes, in your case you may have to wait a while to get your A#. If you applied for your AP along with the 485, you will know the A# when the AP is approved (usually 4 mos). I know you are frustrated with the lack of information, but believe me, having the application processed at the Dallas office is much better than that at the TSC.

Indousa,
Thanks lot for your information, I agree with you, I have to wait. Unfortunately I did not apply for AP along with the package, I have applied EAD separately to Chicago!!(That's what it says for family based!!) and completed FP and Photo. I may need to apply for AP once received the EAD (I understand since it is taking 4 months I better apply now to get AP approved). I will update once received any information.

Good Luck,
SV

SV,

Did you already get FP notice on ur wife's case at dallas local office? how long did it take after u applied for 485 AOS??

Is there a separate FP just for EAD and then another FP for AOS??

Please clarify.
thx

- MV

Hi MV,

I did not submit EAD application to Dallas office, I send it to Chicago, they send notice for FP (for EAD not for AOS) and photo (for EAD) with in a week, now we are expecting the EAD by next month (I hope!!). I did not receive any thing from Dallas office for AOS except the payment receipt. I applied separately for EAD to Chicago. I will keep posting any updates.

Yes, there is two separate FP (one for EAD and another one for AOS), for EAD they take only Index finger!.. But my friend told me if you apply for all (484 and EAD together), they may have one FP which includes EAD also. If you apply EAD separately they will take only Index finger print.

Good Luck.

SV